Communicating Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wowie

wowie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:03 PM

I know of two people personally who have communicated with ghosts - my mother being one. I was curious as to why some ghosts are able to communicate through speech, etc. while others aren't. Are there any theories that might explain this? And do the ghosts know they are ghosts? ..And, for the die-hard ghost-are-only-facets-of-time-slips people (not to say this doesnt happen), if this is so, how are people able to communicate with them?
I have just recently begun researching ghosts, though I have always been drawn to their stories, so if I seem ignorant, this is why. Sorry If I am wasting anybody's time.
Thanks for taking a look!

[glow=Navy,4,300]wowie  :-*[/glow]

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 November 2003 - 01:24 AM

WELCOME TO GV - WOWIE :)

Sorry If I am wasting anybody's time.

NEVER - in GV no one wastes anyone's time :) Hope you understand! ;)

In my opinion, Ghosts are of different types - based on their existence. Some may not know they are gone yet. Some may be coming back for the emotional thing they have been thru, some lives on higher planes, but thru human interference starts to contact.........

Time Slips are also one phenomenon that could be. I recently came on articles where "science" is starting to understand the entire concept of Time Slips.
Posted Image

#3 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:15 AM

hey wowie, and welcome to gv!

some ghosts are simply impressions of energy or emotions... "time slips," as many people consider them.  however, other ghosts are communicative -- what i call "sentient."  that is, they know that they are able to interact with the living.  

as for whether or not ghosts (a) know that they are dead, (:) what they're doing here © know what their purpose or mission is, or (d) have any will or ability to "cross over,"  we'll never know.  as of right now, the only conclusive way to prove this is to die and find out... and i'm not sure, but like you probably are... i'm not in a big hurry to find out!

some ghosts will sense the presence of someone that has the ability and willingness to communicate with them.  people like your mother are instantly recognizable by sentient ghosts, and they can communicate with "sensitives," "mediums," or willing people in a number of ways.

some sensitives are able to hear and see ghosts and communicate with them verbally... others of us, as with my own ability and preference, communicate psychically.  in this case and in the case of other forms of mediumship (automatic writing, cards, trances, etc) spoken words are not necessary.

science does not yet acknowledge the esistence of ghosts and does not have any answers as to how "vocal" or "audio" phenomena with ghosts happens... on a number of other threads here at ghost village, some of us have conversed and speculated as to some physical and electromagnetic field anomolies through which ghosts may be able to "speak," but at this time this is purely good conversation and we have no conclusive results to prove or disprove these ideas.

again, welcome to gv!  post away - we'd love to help you out with your learning process!

blessings and good wishes -

OwlGoddess
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#4 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:23 AM

[glow=red,2,300][move]WELCOME to GV, WOWIE![/glow][/move]

As OwlGoddess pointed out, there is a sort of paranormal activity that is more of a time slip, if you will, a moment trapped in time, this is called a Residual Haunting or ghost. The key word here is Residual, a moment or event repeated over and over given certain criterion for it re-manifesting. As they are residual in origin, they do not interact with the living*its not thought*as this maybe more residual energy, emotions stored in the surroundings.

Spirits on the other paw, are interactive :)

Hope that helps a bit and I didn't put you to sleep ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#5 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 12:45 PM

whispers, you could never even ATTEMPT to put us to sleep!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:25 PM

:-[ :-[ shucks...thanks, OG
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 reeman

reeman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 05:47 PM

Much has already been said about why some ghosts, or should that be spirits, may be able to communicate through mediums using speech, while others do not, but there has been relatively little said about the reason why this might be so from the viewpoint of the discarnate spirit itself.

The process of spirit communication is extremely difficult to say the least, and a considerable amount of preparation must occur before it even becomes possible to communicate across the veil between the worlds/dimensions. Then, it must also consume considerable amounts of psychic energy.

If the spirit found it difficult to communicate with others while still on Earth, he/she would find it much harder now. Because the spirit may have only recently passed, or for a vast number of reasons, most of them which will never be understood by those still in the physical, it is often desirable to use what energy is available more efficiently.

Perhaps this is why images are used rather than speech? They say a picture is worth 1000 words, and with regard to spirit communication, this may be a matter of necessity.

Just another possible theory to be added to the many excellent ones above.

From the little red creature aka reeman  ;D

#8 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:26 PM

Hi Wowie!

Welcome to the village.

You are NOT wasting anyones time, we are glad to share ideas.  Just remember, most of what is said here about spirits is speculation- no one living knows for sure.

Spirits are simply people without bodies.  As they were in life they are in death.  As in life each has its own personality, knowledge, and ability.  I suspect the reason some can communicate easily with us and others seem unable is that they simply have not developed the ability to do so.  I believe it is also dependant upon the availabilty of energy to fuel the "manifestation". Another variable is the "sensitivity" of the person receiving the spirits information.  Think of different quality radios.  One person has a $2 K-mart radio, another person has a $20 GE radio, and another has a top-of-the-line Sony radio.  All three radios can receive a strong signal, but only the Sony will receive the faintest signals.  Sensitivity is something like that.  Most people can perceive a strong manifestation, but only a "sensitive" can perceive the subtle ones.  The spirit is still sending, but we are not receiving.  Hope this helps  :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 November 2003 - 07:00 AM

You are NOT wasting anyones time, we are glad to share ideas.  Just remember, most of what is said here about spirits is speculation- no one living knows for sure.

I have a difference of opinion here, once we know what are they, those are the people who knows - but is there anyone who believes their stance?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users