• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:37 PM

I'm with Yosei, my childhood wasn't too swift either.  Would never won't to relive it.  But my kids, they do a lot that I was never allowed to do
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#32 snoopymom

snoopymom

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:50 PM

My mom used to tell me that the time before dusk was the magic hour, when fairies would come out and dance and play.  I loved when she told me those stories.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#33 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:19 PM

hmm...getting chased by an angry cowboy in a truck, while running on foot!

#34 blackkwhind

blackkwhind

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:23 PM

when i was in 2nd grade i used to really believe in the easter bunny. on easter day i found a paper with a paw print on it, thought it was the bunny's, and brought it to school to proove to everyone that he did excist. of course the print was of my dog maisy's paw, but i was young and stupid and didnt know.

also on christmas eve my dad would set up cameras around the house to try and get santa on tape. never worked out. lol i really believed it.
those were the days...
::i am the WHO in the call "whos there?"::i am the WIND blowing through your hair

#35 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:58 PM

Decorating our Christmas tree.

Things weren't always so great when I was growing up. My parents did a lot of stupid things and made a lot of mistakes. However, they did always made sure that Christmas was special for us.

I LOVED to decorate our Christmas tree. We always bought a gigantic, real tree. Going to the tree lot to pick it out was half the fun. It seemed like it was always dark, and they always had those little white lights strung up around the lot. When we got it home, we would put the tree in the stand and the branches would need to drop for a day before we could decorate it. My parents made a big deal out of the decorating. We would make pop-corn (real popcorn, we didn't have microwave popcorn back then), play Christmas records (yes, I said records. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer was my fav), and drink cocoa or Soda Pop. My Dad would bring out a step-ladder so that my brother and I could put ornaments on the higher branches (this was so cool to me). We would set up our cardboard fire place, too (again, major coolness to me). It seems like I would spend hours just lying under the tree, looking up through the branches at all the lights and sparkling ornaments.

*sigh* I would like to go back and feel Christmas again as only a child can. I can get glimpses through the eyes of my children, though, and that is one of the blessings of being a parent.

#36 modelcitizen

modelcitizen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting<br />Science <br />Art<br />History<br />Exotic Plants<br />Reptiles/Amphibians<br />Native American Studies

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:07 PM

In 5th grade, I caught a big grasshopper and threw it into the girl's restroom, and got nailed bigtime by my teacher *grin*

Once a tomboy, always a tomboy.
~Stimpy

#37 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:53 AM

Heeheh! One of my best friends about that time (5th grade) was  tomboy.  We'd trudge though the corn fields and play along a stream, until the farmer would come screaming at us while driving his old tractor, lol!  Bah! but he had such a great play ground!  Kids these days, bah, they just want to play video games.   :-/
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#38 ghost_chaser_girl

ghost_chaser_girl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:03 AM

Mine was when I actually thought I was going to be someone important...how wrong I was....
So..What do you do for a living? Professional Killer...Oh..You get benefits with that?Which conversation shall we join?The one least likely to involve gunfireYes, I love John Cusack. He's such a hottie.

#39 Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*

Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:57 AM

One favourite memory of mine is my first day of Kindergarten. I can remember what I was wearing and everything. I wore a red shirtand a denim jumper dress. My teacher was "Miss Bush", and I also met a kid named Chris Burke who I developed a crush on but he didn't want any part of that! Ahhh simple times they were . . .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users