Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

I've been hearing more and more about "Shadow People".

If you are even newer to this topic than I am, the shadow people are distinct from ghosts and often malevolent. They seem to have paths that they follow, and seem to be only partially members of our reality. One psychic said that "They terrify me. The prey on the young, sick and old." "The lure the young into dangerous pranks designed to get them killed and literally suck the life out of old or weak people. They do not seem to have ever been "human", and are never seen except as a sillhouette.

They aren't always aware of human existence. In these cases they ae often seen just walking across a room. Observers ae unable to approach them or the path that they follow. When made aware of humans they seem capable of manipulating them.

Any of this sound familiar? This is new to me.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Markway, I am a psychic and they don't terrify me at all. To me, they are just spirits and I don't find them evil at all.

I don't believe they prey on anyone. I often see things (spirits) out of the corner of my eye and often they're black.

To me, it's just a color and doesn't mean too much, but that's just my opinon. :clap:
petunia4998

#3 perpetualstudent

perpetualstudent

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

I'm not necessarily new to the concept, and my opinion may not be the most solid since I don't actively seek out "haunted" locations (things just haven't worked out in my favor with regards to that) but I seriously think this whole shadow figure thing is overblown.

There are two lines of reasoning for my thoughts so I'll go ahead and post them accordingly.

1. Somewhat skeptical

The shadow figure phenomenon doesn't jive for a few reasons here. On the one hand, people claim to experience this either right after waking or right before falling asleep. People who are in this "hypnagogic"sp? state are prone to auditory and visual hallucinations. On the other hand the human brain fills in the blanks on various stimuli. We have what is referred to as "constructive memory." Our perceptions are distorted by our brains so that we can have cohesive experiences. This can be seen when our brains "make up" things. Like hearing your significant other call your name but they didn't actually say anything. And let's face it, sometimes you see things when you're creeped out that simply aren't there.

2. Not so skeptical

The chances that there are "evil" beings that only want to hurt seem low to me. Provided shadow people are real they could be anything. They could be the dearly departed or creatures who never lived at all. And think about this, if a human spirit is non corporeal wouldn't establishing a shadow vaguely resembling a human shape be a monumental feat? Something that should be celebrated rather than feared?

Just my ramblings on the matter. I'm up-in-the-air on the subject.

#4 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:36 AM

I'm getting some feedback on these "shadow people" that I found disturbing. I have believed for some time now that the supernatural world consists of a number of varietal types.

Ghosts seem to be the least powerful of these, with demons being among the most powerful. From time to time though we would run across crap that just didn't fit anywhere. I've discussed nature spirits and fairies with people, demons, ghosts, and angels, but still there is some pretty scary junk that doesn't seem to fit.

These so-called shadow people stand out in my mind in that they seem to ignore people until contacted (like demons), but behave in other ways like ghosts; following regular paths etc. They also never appear except as black shadows. What struck me so strongly was the way that they seem to have tracks that people cannot cross when activated. Like demons too, when they take an interest in you it is BAD news.

I don't know if I ever ran across them or not. Most investigations are either boring or terrifying (in my experience) and under some of those circumstances the quality of acquired info is pretty poor.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#5 Illuminated One

Illuminated One

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

I'm not necessarily new to the concept, and my opinion may not be the most solid since I don't actively seek out "haunted" locations (things just haven't worked out in my favor with regards to that) but I seriously think this whole shadow figure thing is overblown.

There are two lines of reasoning for my thoughts so I'll go ahead and post them accordingly.

1. Somewhat skeptical

The shadow figure phenomenon doesn't jive for a few reasons here. On the one hand, people claim to experience this either right after waking or right before falling asleep. People who are in this "hypnagogic"sp? state are prone to auditory and visual hallucinations. On the other hand the human brain fills in the blanks on various stimuli. We have what is referred to as "constructive memory." Our perceptions are distorted by our brains so that we can have cohesive experiences. This can be seen when our brains "make up" things. Like hearing your significant other call your name but they didn't actually say anything. And let's face it, sometimes you see things when you're creeped out that simply aren't there.

2. Not so skeptical

The chances that there are "evil" beings that only want to hurt seem low to me. Provided shadow people are real they could be anything. They could be the dearly departed or creatures who never lived at all. And think about this, if a human spirit is non corporeal wouldn't establishing a shadow vaguely resembling a human shape be a monumental feat? Something that should be celebrated rather than feared?

Just my ramblings on the matter. I'm up-in-the-air on the subject.

about 17 years ago, I had an experience with a shadow person. I was at a friends house and we were sitting in the living room watching tv. I wasn't really watching tv, I had somethings on my mind at the time and I was looking towards the entrance of my friends room and in my peripheral I see this dark figure come out of his open closet. When I noticed it, naturally I looked directly at it, it stopped moving for a minute and looked directly at me. Just a silhouette of a human figure with a baseball hat. From the knee down was nothing. I quickly turned my head away and quietly lipped WTF and looked back at it, it had continued to walk across my friends room and out of my line of sight. Shortly after, I decided to go home without mentioning what I had seen. The next day I returned to my friends house. He was standing outside and I walked up to him and said, "you're gonna think I'm crazy, but," my friend interrupted me and said, What you saw that dark shadow figure walk across my room last night? I said, "yeah, how did you know?" He replied, " because I saw it too, I see them all the time." That was the first time I had ever seen a shadow person. the weird thing is that I wasn't afraid of it, I didn't feel threatened in any way. I was more intrigued by what I had seen, and my first thought was, "am I going crazy?" But when confirmed by my friend that he had seen what I had seen that night, it ruled out the possibility I was crazy.

#6 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Markway, I don't know anything about you, but believe me, we can't go through life being afraid of shadows. Sure, they can give you a fright, but they're not out to get you. All that advice about "knowing oneself" etc. really is the best. When we humans realize who and what we really are, we will never be afraid of anything.

When I came across this, I wrote it out and pasted it to my cork board. In the Tibetan Book of the Dead the monk chants to the newly departed "Do not be afraid of the demons you encounter because they are only projections of your own mind."
Wow! is all that in a persons mind??? Maybe, because at least in part of our life, we're scardy cats.
I'm not saying that shadow people or anything and everything scary comes from our own mind, but who knows?
Some of us even love scary movies. :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#7 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

I haven't been here for awhile but logged on to find something on this very subject.

I don't have metaphysical experiences all that often (or ones that appear to be) but I've had a couple of glowing orb experiences in the last five or six years.

But I'd never had a shadow people event until a few nights ago: I woke up -- was absolutely fully awake -- and had flickering little silhouette creatures sort of dancing around my bed and one who kept coming up to my face, seemed to be "working" on the right side of the face, up to something.

At no time was this scary or disturbing.

And I've never experienced it before.
------------------------------------------Posted Image

#8 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

The thing is, there's so much we don't see because the human eye is only capable of seeing a certain amount of our reality. Also with hearing..... can't hear the pitch of a dog whistle, right?
All the dogs in the neighborhood do though. So that sound does exist.
I think when we start to take an interest in the meta-physical, and/or paranormal we begin to realize it is right there and always has been. Just have to pay attention. And say your prayers before bed. :-)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#9 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

So what about these shadow people? Do they look like human people? I've seen people hidden in a shadow but I don't think that's the same as what you're referring to.
Now, glowing orbs.... but that's a different subject.

#10 DougA

DougA

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

[quote name='perpetualstudent' date='Oct 24 2011, 11:29 PM' post='562059']

1. Somewhat skeptical

2. Not so skeptical

Hello Student
Those shadows at the foot of the bed may be part of the dream state, but not all shadow appirations can be classified as part of the Hag syndrome.Researchers report moving shadow images of human form, but they have not just awakened and are certinally not under under hypnogogic effect at the time of sighting.
If one has never seen a shadow image, nor talked to any one that has,It is difficult to acurately describe it's nature or appearance.. Basicly,reguardless of shape, there are two types: active and residual.
To those who have encountered them ,they do not seem to be any more evil than most people you meet.
We have seen the same "shadow man" three times from different vantage points and reciently another group has caught this same "phantom" on video. We are convinced this shadow man is a residual anomally as it repeats the same action when some unknown factors come into alignment. ( We continue to observe, record and document what factors may be in play )
His is not an amorphus shape but a clear 3 dimential form that looks like a man from every angle it has been observed.We have also seen undulating clouds of darkness in corners or moving around rooms, and we theorize that this may be a spirit trying to form into a previous likeness of it's self , but lacks the energy to fully transform.
We agree that projecting an actual image or form using available energy is awe inspiring ! Someday we may find the mechanisism and cause for this transformation. When I think about the possibilities, I am overwhelmed with wonder. JC
PortCityParanormal

#11 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

I don't think these things are any different from any other spirit one might encounter. My own theory would be that they don't have or won't expend the energy to manifest fully and thus appear as a small rapidly moving shadow. I'd also think it possible that such beings are actually trying to scare people and use such manifestations towards that end.

You also have to consider the classic "old hag" theory when it comes to bedside encounters though I never consider any one idea to be a catch-all for every similar case.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#12 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

I am a bit offended that I am accused of being afraid etc. Anyone who sticks their hand into the lion cage is lacking in smarts.

There are a lot of strange events taking place out there, and no one on this side of the veil has a road map to the other side.

The reason that I brought this subject up is because: 1.)The Shadow People phenomena seems to be different from the more usual psychic candidates, and 2.) These jerks seem to be dangerous.

A haunted site is confusing. You walk into a location with a bunch of people who have really spent time on the site and in some ways know more than you. They're stumped and hope that you and/or your team can help themin some way, because they can't go home to get away from their problem.

So, you go in and try to make some sense out of the situaition for them. Any insight into the unseen world is extremely important.

I heartily resent those who believe that the unseen world is "safe" and "friendly" or just misunderstood. There are a lot of dangers out there. Watch the tastes and habits of those who specialize in and deal with the other side change. They change, and I am concerned. ARE they being influenced? We owe it to ourselves to try and understand what' makes up the unseen world.

There are revenants, ghosts, nature spirits, demons and angels, and I think, the Shadow People. A number of Psychics that I know have been describing these for years. Look at my own post about "The Angel of Death". This is a well documented phenomena, but fits all to well with the Shado People. Check out the psychic on "The Dead Files". She talks about the Shadow people as well. She states frankly that they prey upon the young and the sick and elderly. She claims that they told her to bite down onto a live lamp cord. They are suppossed to suck the life force out of the defenseless. (not something to be concerned about I guess according to the critics here). It does fir pretty well with the angel of death sightings though, huh?

Psychic vampirism has been photographed and documented for some time now. If this is common to the Shadow People, we should be concerned.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#13 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

Mark, I will never claim to be an expert on this subject and I will never intentionally belittle or deny anyone who truly beleives a particular thing in this field. All I know is what I have personally experienced.

Much of it can and even has scared me at times but how can any serious investigator let such things get to them? I watch a handful of tv shows myself but I wont use those as evidence of anything either as I assume none of us were present at filming.

That said, I have always had close relatives claiming to see and hear any manner of paranormal entity. All I seem to have is a generic sense of energy in specific places and the results of my own experiments with scientific equipment.

If you have something else, by all means please contact me and we can discuss it further.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#14 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

Mark, I will never claim to be an expert on this subject and I will never intentionally belittle or deny anyone who truly beleives a particular thing in this field. All I know is what I have personally experienced.

Much of it can and even has scared me at times but how can any serious investigator let such things get to them? I watch a handful of tv shows myself but I wont use those as evidence of anything either as I assume none of us were present at filming.

That said, I have always had close relatives claiming to see and hear any manner of paranormal dentity. All I seem to have is a generic sense of energy in specific places and the results of my own experiments with scientific equipment.

If you have something else, by all means please contact me and we can discuss it further.

It might be easier to just check some of my past posts. I've experienced quite a bit and frankly some of it pretty, well what's the correct term if you survived? I had one experience with something that I believe could have killed me and ended up with some lost time, nothing I care to talk about, but have had plenty of other garbage as well.

I agree that most of what I ran into when I was active was largely before todays' meters. We relied upon our best psychic and several others as well. I can usually always tell when a place is haunted and have some insight into what to expect as well. I've always been good at getting a read on emotions etc, but rely upon the real psychics for specifics. If all that you're getting are evps and some meter readings you're either in the wrong place or wasting your time.

I've heretofore been successful in not saying this but I never had trouble in finding activity. Of course Bellingham, Astoria, and most of the NW coastal area is pretty hot for ghosts and the like. Be careful! Remember that there are rules. Invitations should never be offered up. And when moving into or investigating a new place you can be seen as an invader. They can and do use your own bodys' energy against you. This may be part of what I experienced. I hesitate to mention this but after living with this for my whole life I realized at 40 that I generate a lot of energy. I blow lightbulbs like you would not credit, say 20 a month before I switched to flourescent, and if I'm upset I screw up my cars electric door locks; they just reciprocate, sometimes like castanets.

Just check something, call it a reality check. Wrap your hand in a towel and punch a solid core door or the wall so that you can hear it and feel it say a floor away. How much energy was that? That's about how hard an average wall knock can be. Wherever an entity is getting the juice from would that push you down a stairway?Something worse? When "something" calls to you during the day and asks you to wait, what does it want? What sweet present does it have for you?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#15 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

My first client claimed to have been pushed down the very stairs where I ended up having my only direct sighting of an apparition. Some of them can and will hurt you. I haven't seen it and I'm glad of that but that doesn't mean I think these things are pure evil or do not originate in our world.

That is the only thing I am debating, the concept of malevolent beings that were never human.
“There’s nothing out there that isn’t one way or the other human. Hollywood notwithstanding, there are no monsters out there. There is no other supernatural race, no devils, no fellows in red underwear. It doesn’t exist.”_Hans Holzer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users