Free Skins
© Fisana

sumthing about ghosts and churches

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2003 - 12:01 PM

I've heard a lot of things about ghosts and graveyards, but a while ago a friend of mine told me that at night the spirits of the innocently dead go to churches to pray.im just a bit curiouse why :-/.give me some opinions.

#2 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 03:28 PM

I had never heard that before, wonder where it came from?  Has anyone else heard of this?
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#3 Angel

Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 04:25 PM

You know, I've actually heard that quite a few times. But for some reason I've only heard it about the Catholic church (not sayin it's only there just the only ones I've heard of) Something about the spirit being earthbound (like purgatory kinda, not being assured of a place in either heaven or hell) and trying to continue atonement even after death so they will be sent to heaven.  So like I said, I'm only telling you what I heard...did anyone else hear something different? Please share!!! ;D
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha (563BC-483BC )

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:06 PM

Interesting.  I was raised Catholic and I never heard of that, purgetory yeah, but....not that.  ;D

I can see the spirits of priests, decons, monks and nuns and the like haunting a church myself.  But I figure if someone has passed on 'innocently' so to speak, they go straight to wherever, coming back if necessary to comfort a living loved one.

It is an interesting concept though.  I'd love to see where this idea started.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users