• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lylanth

Lylanth

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

Hey all,

I'm from the paranormal research group, EntitySeeker, in Alberta, Canada. We're working on pitching an idea for a show on the paranormal to any production companies that'll listen to us. We're asking anyone who has an interest in the subject (believers and skeptics alike) for ideas on what a show should include.

And so I ask, what do you find a lot of shows about hauntings lack? Or what have you always wanted to see a show include?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

- Stephanie Wertz

#2 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Welcome to GV! I'm moving your post over to the Paranormal TV board. I'm sure you'll get lots of responses there!
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#3 Lylanth

Lylanth

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

lol

Thanks, guess I wasn't looking closely enough

#4 Medicus

Medicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:was naive and belived now skeptic.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:48 AM

Hey all,

I'm from the paranormal research group, EntitySeeker, in Alberta, Canada. We're working on pitching an idea for a show on the paranormal to any production companies that'll listen to us. We're asking anyone who has an interest in the subject (believers and skeptics alike) for ideas on what a show should include.

And so I ask, what do you find a lot of shows about hauntings lack? Or what have you always wanted to see a show include?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

- Stephanie Wertz

If you want my honest opinion don't have it be a "Ghost Hunters" clone. Make it almost a science show to be exact if that is the way your research group works. Don't put in added effects like scary music or sounds to make the show almost like a scary movie. Hopefully everything goes well.

#5 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

I agree with Medicus. Scary music and special effects tend to ruin the validity of the show when it is sensationalized. I like ghost hunters but I don't feel like they spend enough time investigating. I think the show Haunted is truly scary. Maybe a show mixing the qualities of both shows?

#6 Judy Merrill

Judy Merrill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

Maybe emphasizing the potential of good communication (mediumship) with the spirit realms. This can also be done on a scientific basis. Why does it work? How does it work?

God bless, J

#7 ghosthabit

ghosthabit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

Why don't you have a different "guest" Paranormal or Ghosthunting group on each week whether it be a phychic medium or a ghosthunting group from all parts of the country (Canada or U.S.). There are thousands of stories out there. What do you think?

Ghosthabit :clap:

#8 charmed2916

charmed2916

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Stephen King<br />Reading about or hunting ghosts<br />Just about anything paranormal interests me.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

I agree.
"Don't put in added effects like scary music or sounds to make the show almost like a scary movie. "
Also NO special effects like shadows, ect. One of the shows I watch does that annoys me. You can tell but it's still taking away from what you are trying to do.
A Haunting is good but it's missing something ( just not sure what though)
Everything that I watch pertaining to hauntings, ect , I always have something that bothers me I just can't FEEL the haunting. Does that make sense? If you are telling me that something is there or that something has touched you make me FEEL it.
Also when these shows do their investigating they talk to much. You'll be watching & they are talking & then
"Did you hear that"?
No cause you were talking!!

Probably not much help but..... :)

Best of luck on production & keep us posted.

Edited by Vampchick21, 14 January 2007 - 12:49 AM.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]

#9 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:50 PM

I agree with Medicus. Scary music and special effects tend to ruin the validity of the show when it is sensationalized. I like ghost hunters but I don't feel like they spend enough time investigating. I think the show Haunted is truly scary. Maybe a show mixing the qualities of both shows?

same here, ghost hunters is a great show, but allowing themselves only one hour limits the time of their investigation, I liked the live ghost hunters at the Stanly Hotel (I know I spelled that wrong :) ) to bad I could not stay up for the whole thing and I didn't have a tape long enough (the commercials ruined it though)

#10 Lylanth

Lylanth

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for your help guys, your ideas are great! And I will keep you posted, but bear with us, cuz we're trying to put this idea forth in between full time jobs and school and whatnot:P

Right now we're trying to find the cheapest way to register our group name so no one can touch it:P

#11 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

Hello Stephanie, welcome to GV.

One thing I find in shows that is lacking is the actual historical research on the hauntings, finding the actual proof that whatever is causing the activity can be verified through history documentation. If you collect an EVP saying a name...then you will have that name to verify with. Even finding out what was on the former grounds before the former occupants lived there. I know I love my history work! Also have your team not be the drama team....that's should be left outside of television. Work is work not who doesn't like so and so and why are they giving me the cold shoulder...much more respectible to be professional. As I have also found in one other show....don't scream run or be frightened is you do have an encounter with the paranormal, You know what your going to do there, fear is natural but it's all how you react to at. That's a start on my opinion. Thanks, Julie
P.S. If you do encounter something do not scurry away to tell someone else....follow through with what you are witnessing, you always have Walkie talkirs or cell phones...always go in pairs. Make sure you get your production rights as well in your name.
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#12 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hello Stephanie, welcome to GV.

One thing I find in shows that is lacking is the actual historical research on the hauntings, finding the actual proof that whatever is causing the activity can be verified through history documentation. If you collect an EVP saying a name...then you will have that name to verify with. Even finding out what was on the former grounds before the former occupants lived there. I know I love my history work! Also have your team not be the drama team....that's should be left outside of television. Work is work not who doesn't like so and so and why are they giving me the cold shoulder...much more respectible to be professional. As I have also found in one other show....don't scream run or be frightened is you do have an encounter with the paranormal, You know what your going to do there, fear is natural but it's all how you react to at. That's a start on my opinion. Thanks, Julie
P.S. If you do encounter something do not scurry away to tell someone else....follow through with what you are witnessing, you always have Walkie talkirs or cell phones...always go in pairs. Make sure you get your production rights as well in your name.

Run Brian(Ghost Hunters) run! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#13 donvega

donvega

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

Hi, please focus on the hunt, not the non-relevent events like personal fights between people. It makes the show look too reality TV if you know what I mean. The focus shoud be the hunt. The facts pertaining to the hunt and the hunt followed by the results. Too much time is spent on some shows with things that do not pertain in any way to the main focus of the show itself. Where's the beef? Gets asked alot when watching some of the other ghost hunt shows. Anyway thats my opinion, hope it helps. DonVega Whirly Dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users