• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

One of the haunted places I visited and wrote about in my book, Ghosthunting Illinois, was Widow McCleary’s Pub in Thornton. There, several members of the staff have seen billiard balls move in impossible directions on the floor, as they are played with by a little girl ghost. It is also possible that the ghosts of some of Al Capone’s victims may be roaming the pub. Has anyone had the chance to visit McCleary’s? Has anyone seen a ghost there?

John Kachuba

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

Not me, but if I ever get to Illinois.... :blush: :ghost:

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:43 AM

Has anybody seen this little girl themselves? Or do they just see stuff move with nobody being there?
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:29 PM

One of the haunted places I visited and wrote about in my book, Ghosthunting Illinois, was Widow McCleary’s Pub in Thornton. There, several members of the staff have seen billiard balls move in impossible directions on the floor, as they are played with by a little girl ghost. It is also possible that the ghosts of some of Al Capone’s victims may be roaming the pub. Has anyone had the chance to visit McCleary’s? Has anyone seen a ghost there?

John Kachuba

Found a little write up on the place. My husband and I should be traveling south soon. If McCleary's isn't too far off route, perhaps we will check it out. If there is any thing there, and I have a camera in my hand, it will manifest.
http://www.nwherald....87879430632.php

#5 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

There have been no reported apparitions at McCleary's, only the movements of objects.

And for Judy, if you get there (it's the Chicgao metro area) I hope you do take pictures.

John Kachuba
www.JohnKachuba.com

#6 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

John Kachuba

If there is any thing there, and I have a camera in my hand, it will manifest.
http://www.nwherald....87879430632.php

I'm a little confused. You can make ghosts manifest? :wow:

#7 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:29 AM

I'm a little confused. You can make ghosts manifest? :Spaz:
[/quote]

No. I do not believe so. I can't "make" any thing do any thing, and neither can you. About the best way I can reason my experience is that there is a connection between me and the spirit world via the camera. The camera is my medium, and if there is any sort of camera in my hand, and spirit energy is present, it will show up in my shots. Another words, I am what might be refered to as a pyschic photographer. When a encounter occurs it seems to be a interaction more so on the part of the energy than by my will. I don't know how or why this phenomena occurs through me. I simply accept that it does.

No doubt I expect arguement by you or others against my claim, for which I am willing to respond as best as I can to questions; but I am not very interested in debate or convincing or proving, so I won't indulge a agruement. It does sound incredible, and I don't understand it my self. It simply is.

#8 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

Okay. Thanks for clarifying. :Spaz:

#9 P.A.TXGhostHunter

P.A.TXGhostHunter

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:49 AM

I have had the pleasure of visiting Widow McCleary's Pub. The staff was very helpful in our ghost hunting endevor. Altho our group (International Society of Paranormal Investigators) didn't witness any movement of objects, several members got good photo's, both inside and out. Well worth the trip. (they have good food to!!)

P.A.TXGhostHunter

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

that is intresting, do you have any photographs to share in our spiritography section?
Posted Image

#11 will3388

will3388

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:17 AM

There have been no reported apparitions at McCleary's, only the movements of objects.

And for Judy, if you get there (it's the Chicgao metro area) I hope you do take pictures.

John Kachuba
www.JohnKachuba.com

I live in the house that is locate directly behind widow mc cleary's. I h ave lived here for 30 years. It is definately haunted

#12 P.A.TXGhostHunter

P.A.TXGhostHunter

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

that is intresting, do you have any photographs to share in our spiritography section?

I will look and see what I can find and try and get them posted

#13 Yardage

Yardage

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

I'm a new member and I came across this message board today. I know it's not so new, but I got excited when I read through it. I grew up in a town near to the pub and I remember stories of a body being found in the back, in the warehouse area, that was rumored to have been that of a victim of Al Capone & his gang back in the days when the building was a brewery that had been shut down during exhibition days, and never reopened until the 1980's. I have never heard of a little girl in the pub nor am I aware of any reason for there to be such a spirit there. I can say though that that entire area is haunted. I have friends and family from all of the towns surrounding Thornton and every one has had ghostly experiences. Maybe it's because of the towns being built on Indian Burial Grounds, maybe it's because the quarry blastings have made it difficult for the spirits to rest. It's hard to say, but there is definitely loads of paranormal activity in those southern suburbs of Chicago! It would be interesting to see more messages from others who have lived near there detailing their experiences - I'm sure this board would be up and jumping if every one wrote in who has an experience from out there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users