Gardening

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#76 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

wow bridgey, must be TONS of fairies in that pretty garden? Whats with the huge garden gnome wearing blue tshirt and blue jeans? Its a big gnome lol..... :(

#77 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

Yes, Bridget does have beautiful gardens. Every one has beautiful gardens, and I can't say that I have ever seen a ugly flower. Many weeds are even attractive to me. I just love all of it, the flowers, birds, sun; spring, coming out of the stark freeze of isolate winter. God! How I detest winter, but spring.................... I love spring.

#78 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:44 PM

Just remember leaves of three let it be,,,poison ivy (ich)

Thanks all! And yeah, Secret, we have plenty of that! In fact today I was gonna make a little bonsai plant out of a maple tree that was growing through a crevice in a rock. It was the perfect specimen, til I went to pull it out, and lo and behold! There was poison ivy growing right next to it. The mission was aborted immediately!

Oh Simmy, how cute! My husband has been reduced to a garden gnome. He would just LOVE that LOL! NOT! A fairy however, I have not seen yet. Oh wait, I take that back. I have had gay friends over!

:( :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :greenbounce: :bluebounce: :) :whee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#79 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

Grateful am I that there is no poison ivy on our land. I am highly alergic to it since I had intense exposure at the business we sold not too long ago. At one point I had it to the degree that I was on several medications for a extended time, including steroids. Nasty drug! For those highly alergic, if poison ivy reaches internal organs it can be fatal. There is a product called "Ivy Block". It's a lotion to be applied before expected exposure. I use it when I think I may be near poison foliage. It works well.

#80 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

Yes, Bridget does have beautiful gardens. Every one has beautiful gardens, and I can't say that I have ever seen a ugly flower. Many weeds are even attractive to me. I just love all of it, the flowers, birds, sun; spring, coming out of the stark freeze of isolate winter. God! How I detest winter, but spring.................... I love spring.

SameOnes, I am with you on that! I just love spring! Even weeds are beautiful to me, as well. But not to my garden gnome, LOL. He pulls them all!

After all, weeds are just misplaced wildflowers, right?

As far as posion ivy, yeah, I am highly allergic to it. Last year I got it really bad and had to be on steroids for 10 days as well. Bad stuff, I start to itch just thinking about it!

!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#81 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

Amazing Bridget - really amazing pictures - just gorgeous - and your flowers look great too! :Wall: Honestly your gardens look so incredibly inviting.

I have lisianthus getting ready to bloom - my first year with them - here is what they should look like - we'll see in a couple of days

Posted Image
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#82 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:30 AM

Oh Melly good luck with your Lisianthus! I just love those! Is that a perennial where you live?

I have not quite gotten a handle on what perennials do well where I live yet. The first year I planted a lupine and it croaked mid summemr. The next year I planted a delphinium and it did great! It came back the next year and did great! This year it is no where to be found. I tried another lupine and it came nback this year. So I am keeping my fingers crossed it does okay.

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

#83 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

I purchased this plant at a master gardener's sale. It's called Datura metel Ballerina Purple (an Angel's trumpet) -

Sunday morning when I was sitting on my deck sipping coffee and purusing the paper I saw this incredible flower! I am so excited! I hope it's blooming like crazy in August - I'll enter it in the fair - maybe get another ribbon.

Posted Image

#84 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

That's gorgeous Melly! Perfect specimen. They have so many new cultivars at the nursery's this year. I've seen some really cool stuff.

I have to get out there and take some more pics, my flowers are growing like crazy, good ol' Miracle Gro!

:wave: :D :( :( :clap:

#85 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:35 PM

Miracle Gro is amazing stuff - my favorite is the Miracle Gro for Blooming plants - it's the best!

#86 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

OH My Gosh Melly! Haven't seen that one yet! They must not carry it at my hardware stoer. But I have the regular, Mircale Gro for lawn food, Mircale Gro for acid plants, like azaleas, etc.!

Oh you should see my Mountain Laurel right now. I am gonna go take a pic. It is splendid!

#87 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

Look for the box like this
Posted Image

#88 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

I just planted my patio tomatoe. I hope it does better that the big boy I tryed last year. My catus is getting ready to bloom :Spaz: Everything I planted last year is coming back they self sowed themselfs (I have moss rose's coming up everywhere) that saves on the old pocketbook.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#89 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

You've got to love that SecretSign! That's the best way to garden, and trading plants with neighbors is always fun! My neighbor wants me to take some of her mint, LOL HAHAHAH! Yeah right, unless it's in a pot.

Melly, I went to the Big K today and they had the Miracle Gro Bloom Booster, woo hooo! I can now say my Mircale Gro collectors set is complete! :angry:

#90 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

I could take some of that mint none of mine is coming up except the catnip
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users