• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ryder66

Ryder66

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:43 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a DVR and 4 Ir night vision cameras. I have doing alot of research on the topic, but I'm now overwhelmed with all the info I've found and I'm no where closer to make a decision. I'd love to hear so of your opinions and experiences on DVRs.
I'm looking at a 4 channel system that I can hook up to a laptop. My problem is I've got a tone of info, but alot of it I don't understand. For example, a 4 channel system with one 1 audio input. Does this mean I have 4 video inputs, but I can only record through 1 mic? Also, if I purchase just the DVR unit can I use our Sony Handycam or do I need to buy surveillance cameras.
What would be the best system for Paranormal research at a decent price?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 Ryder66

Ryder66

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

Hey guys, me again. Does anyone know a paranormal research group that uses a Digital Video Recorder? I would really like to pick someones brain about these things to find out what it is I really need.
Thanks

#3 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:40 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a DVR and 4 Ir night vision cameras. I have doing alot of research on the topic, but I'm now overwhelmed with all the info I've found and I'm no where closer to make a decision. I'd love to hear so of your opinions and experiences on DVRs.
I'm looking at a 4 channel system that I can hook up to a laptop. My problem is I've got a tone of info, but alot of it I don't understand. For example, a 4 channel system with one 1 audio input. Does this mean I have 4 video inputs, but I can only record through 1 mic? Also, if I purchase just the DVR unit can I use our Sony Handycam or do I need to buy surveillance cameras.
**********Go shop on Ebay. I recently bought a ir camera for only 12 bucks and it works perfectly. It sees just dandy in the dark. I also have another wireless Ir camera coming and only paid 9.50 for it. Shipping was more than the camera! LOL! Also you can buy a spitter for 9 bucks. I also have that coming. Don't pay the whole sale prices on these cameras. Get them on Ebay for pennies! Dave

Edited by juliet_keller, 09 December 2007 - 09:41 AM.

You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#4 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:47 AM

Hey Guys,

**********Go shop on Ebay. I recently bought a ir camera for only 12 bucks and it works perfectly. It sees just dandy in the dark. I also have another wireless Ir camera coming and only paid 9.50 for it. Shipping was more than the camera! LOL! Also you can buy a spitter for 9 bucks. I also have that coming. Don't pay the whole sale prices on these cameras. Get them on Ebay for pennies! Dave

Also this spitter has 4 inputs for your cameras, 2 outputs for vcr and one output for your monitor. Depending on the number of cameras, it will split the screen for you. Dave

Edited by juliet_keller, 09 December 2007 - 09:48 AM.

You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#5 Ryder66

Ryder66

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Juliet Keller for your response. I guess with this system, you are not recording sound. Or do you use camera with microphones? What kind of splitter do you have?
Thanks Chris

#6 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Juliet Keller for your response. I guess with this system, you are not recording sound. Or do you use camera with microphones? What kind of splitter do you have?
Thanks Chris

It all depends on the cameras that you will be using. You can record the audio ND visual part of it onto a disc in your notebook. The cameras that we have, have no audio built into them. I let the voice recorders do that part. That splitter is called a Quad Splitter and I am don't know who makes it. But the gentleman that I deal with is from Singapore. I can give you his screen name and you can check out all of his equipment. All of his equipment is new. It beats paying what the market over here is charging! Dave

Edited by damckie, 12 December 2007 - 05:34 PM.

Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#7 Ryder66

Ryder66

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

Ok. I thank I understand what you are saying. You are recording the audio seperately from the video. Are you saving the video to a laptop or do you carry a VRC with you? I kinda had thoughts of recording both audio and video at the same time, but it seem that in order to do this it can get very expensive. The guy you are dealing with from Ebay, is it singaporetech? I have been looking at he stuff.
Thanks again,
Chris

#8 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:05 PM

Ok. I thank I understand what you are saying. You are recording the audio seperately from the video. Are you saving the video to a laptop or do you carry a VRC with you? I kinda had thoughts of recording both audio and video at the same time, but it seem that in order to do this it can get very expensive. The guy you are dealing with from Ebay, is it singaporetech? I have been looking at he stuff.
Thanks again,
Chris

Yes, that is him! I am still waiting for the camera to show up. I do a lot of taping going through a 13 inch vcr tv. I can carry it anywhere i want and it records perfectly. The notebook will be bought in a couple of months. I have on ir camera that has both visual and audio to it but the camera is taking its beatings. It will be retired shortly! It has done its job! LOL! The others ir cameras only has the visual to them, which is what you want anyways. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users