• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

I was on the road last week, and one evening was invited to visit a lady who lives in an apartment building close by the hotel in which I was staying

This lady had moved into her apartment about a year ago, and since moving in had experienced numerous phenomena. As a consequence of her experiences, she will be moving out at the end of June.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the lady; she is in her late 70’s and was retired after a long career in the navy. She was remarkably active both physically and mentally, and I have no reason to doubt her credibility.

Taking her reports on face value, she told me that as examples of what she has been experiencing, within the past two or three months or so, she had experienced the following events:
  • Towels which she had left to dry on the towel racks in her bathroom were found neatly folded in the bathtub behind the closed shower curtain, on the other side of the room.
  • Articles of clothing which normally would be in drawers in her clothes closet in her bedroom were found neatly stacked on the couch in her living room.
  • A collection of about a half dozen pencils which would normally be found in a jar on her desk in her den were found on her night table beside her bed in the bedroom. These pencils were all lined up parallel to the edge of the night table, spaced evenly about a half inch apart, and with the points all pointing in the same direction.
  • She heard voices of numerous people coming from her den, although nobody was in there.
  • She had been sitting on her couch in her living room. Suddenly a spiral of swirling rainbow light appeared, covering the wall in front of her. This persisted for a minute or so, then faded away.
  • She had two guests over, and all three were sitting in the living room talking. Suddenly, the heavy brass ships’ bell which she had mounted in a glass cabinet on the other side of the room, rang three times. All three people heard this, but none felt any vibration in the building.
  • She had a couple of guests over for dinner. At one point, while they were sitting around the dining room table in the dining room, one of the guests commented on the black and white dog watching them from behind the couch in the living room. The other guest looked over and also commented on the dog. The resident lady could not see any dog. When all three got up to investigate, the dog disappeared. A search of the apartment found no dog; and the resident lady does not own a dog.
  • A few weeks ago she spoke to two other residents of the building. They admitted to having had similar experiences, but had been reluctant to talk about them for fear of ridicule.
I phoned the building manager under the pretext of wanting to rent an apartment. He told me that of all the buildings his company owned, this one had a conspicuously high turnover rate. I infer from this that other residents have had similar experiences to this lady, and move out as soon as their leases are up.

I also learned that the building is less than ten years old, and previously the site had been occupied by a regional hospital.
A Spookology hot spot!

#2 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

When I attended this apartment, I spent only a couple of hours there in conversation with the resident lady. Mainly, I listened to her story, and performed only a very cursory examination of her apartment. Not exactly an "investigation".

In light of the fact that there are numerous people on this site who routinely conduct investigations of “haunted” sites, I am curious as to their reaction to what apparently is happening in this apartment; and what they would do if they were to conduct an investigation on this site.

Any comments?

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

When I read this story, the first thing that came to mind is that it seems to be other "lives" living side by side with the apartment dwellers here as if they don't know this lady and the others in the apartment building exist.
But what energy it would take to fold towels and move clothing and pencils etc.! I'm not in the "investigation business", but those who are might look into the energy of this place.

All and all though, no one was hurt or harmed in any way, huh? Personally I wouldn't want to live there! I want things to stay where I put them. Must be very frustrating for these people. No to mention spooky.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Yes, I agree that this does seem to be a harmless haunting. However, it does seem that whatever is doing the haunting is also trying to attract attention.

I think the place needs a serious investigation; maybe some day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users