• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 04:56 PM

Did anyone ever watch Kolchak(sp) The Night Stalker TV series? I watched today on Scifi. I used to love that show, although now it seems kinda campy. I think it came out in the 80's. I though it was good then. Funny how preception changes ???
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#2 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 07:08 PM

Yes!  An excellent show--the screenplay was written by Richard Matheson.  Had snagged a VHS copy from somebody at a convention a few years back, before it started showing up again on cable.  Some of the campiness was intentional  (I think  :)), but still think it's a quality program.    

Speaking of perception--Wonder if I'd feel the same way if I were able to watch the old "Cliffhanger" series now.  As a kid, I thought that show was great--but don't know if it could withstand the test of time.  Kind of like Buck Rogers ....
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#3 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:35 PM

I used to watch both Nighstalker and Cliff Hanger, and the Dark Shadows series. Love them all.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#4 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:32 AM

Dark Shadows would have me running home from school to watch it. I thought it was great. ;D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 08:44 PM

Hey I dont feel so old now, Those were some of the best shows of there time.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users