• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:59 PM

My father in law passed away this morning.  He went gently in his sleep last night, which is what he wanted.

I just wanted to ask everyone to hug their pets.  He was a great animal lover and the only thing he wanted to take with him was his dogs.  Since we can't do that, we'll put a picture of them in his coffin.  He has asked that any contributions be made to the humane society in lieu of flowers, that is how much it meant to him.

So I just wanted to ask this great community here to say a prayer and give an extra special hug to you dog/kitty.

#2 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:11 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Mrs. Spookypants! I know that you have been struggling for some time now, but the moment has finally passed and your Father-in-Law has now gone to a better place.

I will not only hug my pets tonight, I wlll give and receive big sloppy kisses for your father in law.

My best to you!

P.S. Everyone should adopt  a pet in Mrs. Spooky pants Father in memorium, don't buy from a a pet store or breeder, there are so may unwanted animals that need a good loving home!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 04:35 PM

Mrs.,

I'm sorry and of course I'll give my Sage lots of love and your family prayers.  The poor dogs are going to pretty sad too losing someone who obviously loved them so much.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#4 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:19 PM

Spookypants,

So sorry about your family's loss.  I read your Xmas post and was kinda wondering what happened.  It must be a great comfort and relief to know that he died peacefully, at home.  (Which is how my dad died, surrounded by his family).  

I gave both my chubby kitties big luv hugs today.  Well, actually, I had no choice, you see.  They're quite demanding.  

And big smooches and hugs to his dogs...
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:12 PM

Sorry to hear the sad demise of your father-in-law spooky. am at office now, will get back home for lunch and I will surely hug my cat.

God Bless ;)
Posted Image

#6 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:19 PM

Thanks everyone!

Bridget, I totally agree. Shelter animals have just as much love, if not more, than a pure bred.  All of ours were homeless animals, it felt good knowing that we gave them a home (although I am sorely tempted by a really cute bengal kitty, but the $800 price tag is turning me completely off).

Masq, Sam and Lucy were very sad today.  I think they knew what was happening and what had happened.  They weren't their playful selves.  They curled up together on the couch and only moved for the pizza crusts.

Camille, I know about those chubby demanding kitty types.  We have one chubby one and one well on her way to being chubby.  They are both equally demanding!  It was a great blessing that he went in his sleep.  It would have been nice if we all had been there, but he didn't want it that way.  He didn't want this to interfere or cause hardship in anyones life.  He has always been that way.

Moon - Thanks!  God has blessed me, that much I know.  I have wonderful friends (that are right now keeping hubby company while watching Freddy vs Jason) and giving me some peace and time to myself.  Plus I have great places like here to lose myself in.  

That GV Insane Asylum post made me laugh so hard it felt good!

#7 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 12:10 PM

So sorry for your loss, although the cats don't appreciate hugs I've got enough Bactine to make it worthwhile.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#8 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:29 PM

Deepest condolences Spooky, giving my dogs extra huggles and I agree with Bridget, everyone should adopt from a humane society or shelter, I happen to volunteer at one and they make the best pets
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#9 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:45 AM

msp -- very sorry for your loss.  take comfort in the fact that your fol went peacefully in his sleep - for this he is most fortunate.  

i've given all of my cats extra love and my wild birds and squirrels extra meals today in honor of your fol... and bridget is right:  we should all adopt animals instead of contacting breeders.  my favorite cat was a sick little foundling who came to my porch on a hot summer day.  each of us can help!

:)  
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users