The Official Geezer Club

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
377 replies to this topic

#16 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:09 AM

Yay!!! I found you! Can I join? I'm 45...I think that makes me a "Geezer".
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#17 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:34 AM

am 32, am I a FREEZER? Posted Image

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#18 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:46 AM

Ye Gods!

I'm only 31 and I KNOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#19 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

Ok, if you know what we are talking about, you can join! LOL I guess age is not a limit!

Creepy crawlers, thanks for that graphic Holly! THINGMAKER! HA! I can't remember if you could eat them or not Orbie. My memory is going.....

I still have my straight legged Barbie's too. I have my original color magic Barbie, remember that one where you could dye her hair different colors? I also have a straight leg Alan.

Remember the whole family sitting down on Sunday nights with TV dinners (a new thing!) and watching Disney? yup yup!

I got up in the middle of the night last night and caught the Brady Bunch. :rolleyes:

Forget Big Wheels, how about HOT WHEELS? Thos orange tracks would go running all around the house!

Nestle's commerical, i kinda sorta remember that. How bought Pink Bunny and PDQ?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#20 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:10 AM

Ok, if you know what we are talking about, you can join! LOL I guess age is not a limit!

Creepy crawlers, thanks for that graphic Holly! THINGMAKER! HA! I can't remember if you could eat them or not Orbie. My memory is going.....

I still have my straight legged Barbie's too. I have my original color magic Barbie, remember that one where you could dye her hair different colors? I also have a straight leg Alan.

Remember the whole family sitting down on Sunday nights with TV dinners (a new thing!) and watching Disney? yup yup!

I got up in the middle of the night last night and caught the Brady Bunch. :rolleyes:

Forget Big Wheels, how about HOT WHEELS? Thos orange tracks would go running all around the house!

Nestle's commerical, i kinda sorta remember that. How bought Pink Bunny and PDQ?

Now, if I remember correctly you couldn't eat "Creepy Crawlers" (I guess you could, if you enjoy the taste of rubber) but you could eat "Incredible Edibles". :lol:
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#21 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:11 AM

Ye Gods!

:lol: Oh to be 31 again...You're still a young whippersnapper!

#22 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:19 AM

Incredible edibles, OMG! I remember them, but can't remember what shapes they were. Were they critters? I seem to remember some kind of Thingmaker jewelry maker, Please help me remember!

Little Lockets, the little dollies that came in little cases, that smelled like honeysuckle and other stuff.

I WANT MY CHILDHOOD BACK!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#23 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:26 AM

Incredible edibles, OMG! I remember them, but can't remember what shapes they were. Were they critters? I seem to remember some kind of Thingmaker jewelry maker, Please help me remember!

Little Lockets, the little dollies that came in little cases, that smelled like honeysuckle and other stuff.

I WANT MY CHILDHOOD BACK!

I can't remember the shapes of "Incredible Edibles" either. I don't think I had that one...I was strictly a "Creepy Crawler" kid.

I remember those little dollies in the lockets. I think they were called "Kiddles". I loved those.

Remember "Feely Meely"? It was box with a hole in it, all kinds of objects were inside and you had to stick your hand in and identify what they were. It was creepy because there felt like there were cowbwebs inside. :lol:

#24 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:42 PM

Remember the 2 foot "Chrissy" doll that you could make her hair grow?

Did anyone here have a Bozo the Clown Bop bag?

My favorite was a 'SHoot the Moon' gadget. You put the steeley ball on these two long metal rods which sat on a wooden bases and you tried to get it all the way up the rods.

Did anyone have one of those "Crazy Cars"? It was round with two big wheels on either side and you had a handle directly on each wheel and you go either go in circles or straight or whatever. I always wanted one but didn't ever get one!
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#25 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:44 PM

My favorite was a 'SHoot the Moon' gadget.

Posted Image Hawkerrrrrrsssssssssss............................

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#26 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:53 PM

Remember the 2 foot "Chrissy" doll that you could make her hair grow?

Did anyone here have a Bozo the Clown Bop bag?

My favorite was a 'SHoot the Moon' gadget. You put the steeley ball on these two long metal rods which sat on a wooden bases and you tried to get it all the way up the rods.

Did anyone have one of those "Crazy Cars"? It was round with two big wheels on either side and you had a handle directly on each wheel and you go either go in circles or straight or whatever. I always wanted one but didn't ever get one!

Yeah, I remember Chrissy. You are really jogging my memory here.

Remember the dolls - Little Miss No-Name (scary looking), Mrs. Beasley (Buffy's doll on "Family Affair"), Chatty Cathy (I ruined that doll, I stuck her head in the toilet-she became "Gurgling Cathy" from that day on), Thumbelina (her head rotated around and around).

How about "Beaney and Cecil"? I had a stuffed Cecil (I think he was supposed to be a green serpent of some kind). I remember pulling his string and he used to say things like "I love you". Aaaah!

#27 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:13 PM

This message board is addictive, but I have to tear myself away for a little while and get some things done. I have to wrap some Christmas gifts...hope I can manage, my rheumatiz seems to acting up. :lol:

#28 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:51 PM

Ye Gods!

:sitting back in rocker with furrowed brow:....31.......31........I THINK I was 31 once but it's been so blasted long ago that I can hardly remember it! 31! Oh yeah ~ 31 years ago, I was.........uhmmmm...........a lot younger ;) Lessee.....I was in college and........oops, that's another story :D

#29 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:59 PM

Guess what I saw in a store yesterday....Silly Putty! Yes, that's right! But now it's glow in the dark...but remember putting that silly putty on Archie's face in the comics and stretchiiiiiing it? Haha!

Also, GUESS WHAT ELSE I SAW!!!!!!! Those little gadgets for making the woven pot holders, remember that????

I also saw slinkies. And my husband said, hey you have any gimp? GIMP! So summer camp, remember making those little key chains and stuff out of that gimp?

Oh, the good ol' days. I wish I still had my Easy Bake oven!

What's even worse is the fashions we were in those by-gone days is coming back around! I saw a chippie the other day decked out in crushed velvet hip hugging hot pants, knit poorboy sweater and fishnet hose ~ all she needed was the zip up the back go-go boots (and I was emerald green because she's young enough and skinny enough to pull it off!) Now when they come back with those gawd-awful empire waist granny dresses we wore that made us all look 15 months pregnant is when I start shuddering because it means that the next trend will be the disco era stuff :blink: Sheesh! I wear my blouses longer now than I did my dresses then!

#30 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:21 PM

my daughter got silly putty today, and she's got the easy bake oven. The Mrs. and I are about the same age and I know I can remember a lot of what you're talking about. I tell my kids about the time before cable, remote controls or video games and their eyes glaze over.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users