Photo

How to start contacting supernatural world

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jasmine-blue

jasmine-blue

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:unexplained, egyption history, outdoors, beauty industry, people, coastal holidays, wining n dining & spending time relaxing and having fun with family and friends

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hi to all! :Spaz:

I am very new and I'm not sure whether I can contact the supernatural world. Can anyone or is it only certain people? I find it hard to relax and get to that next level or maybe I'm also affraid of what I may encounter...Can you offer some advice on how to get started?

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

Welcome welcome! I went ahead and split this out so people could more easily read your question. Best wishes!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:39 AM

Welcome to our Village, Jasmine-blue. I'm sure you'll find some answers here.

Anyone can make contact with Spirit. It just takes time and patience. As you mentioned, relaxation is key, so you should work on meditation. There are many ways to do this, and you can find some topics in Spirit Communiction to get you started. There are also several good books out there as well. Sonia Choquette has written some good books, and I just finished reading Your Sixth Sense by Belleruth Naparstek, a psychotherapist. I liked this book because she interviewed several mediums regarding their abilities and how they do what they do. And there are some guided imagery excercises at the end of the book to help you to open yourself to the psychic experience. Any of these could be adapted to Spirit work. You can just go to your local library and look up "psychic". You'll find many good books this way. Another thing to do is to journal your work with Spirit. Keep track of dates and times along with what you are doing and how it goes for you. This will help you to see how far you have come as well as learning about yourself.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

Well to me you kind of answered your own question. You've not seen ghosts because it would be extremely distressing to you. The universe is kind of like that it wont over burden your mind.

So my advice is to not worry about things you cant see, live a good, mindful life, and enjoy it! Then down the road if you experience something so be it.

Edited by duncan36, 05 August 2009 - 02:16 PM.

#5 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

^ I think duncan36 above me gave some great advice....

Also, unless you are extremely familiar with the supernatural/paranormal, I wouldn't recommend attempting communication, simply because there are bad entities out there.

I explain it like this: It's like a six-year-old going out and trying to find a friend in a big shopping center. There are some really bad people out there, as well as good ones, and a child often cannot tell the difference. If you're still an amateur, you shouldn't attempt communication without backup, and further research. I always use a circle of salt before attempting communication so that if I do come into contact with an evil entity, I will be protected.

However, personally, communication is not something I strive for, or even like. I have spoken to entities, and have done a few seances, however - and this is a big however- it's extremely uncomfortable, because they tend to project residual emotions.

In my experience, most people cannot see ghosts, only sensitive people can.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

It is believed that everyone has some psychic ability. To what degree this ability is developed depends on several things. Sensitivity is only one factor. The reason someone might be afraid to see a ghost also varies person to person, but I believe that Hollywood plays a huge part in that fear. Movies and television programs that feature hauntings rarely, if ever, get things right. Money is their aim and the scarier the show, the more money it makes for them - it's called show business for a reason. The vast majority of experiences I and people I know have had are not malicious or frightening. In fact, I have only been startled and not really frightened. I use a protection ritual before and after attempted contact or investigations; a ritual I developed for myself. I practice meditation and prayer. And I educate myself by reading and by listening to others. I have found that most spirits with negative energies are just that - negative. If a person is negative in this plane of existance, then it stands to reason that they will be the same in the next. If one believes in reincarnation, then a negative person in this life will have negative karma to deal with in the next, and after that until they learn from this mistake. If a ghost with negative energies is somehow 'stuck' inbetween existances, and is trying to make contact for what ever reason, it would probably be negative contact. There are ways to deal with this and I won't go into it here - it's more of a topic for Spirit Communication, but you can see my drift.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 Dani97688

Dani97688

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hi to all! :whoohoo:

I am very new and I'm not sure whether I can contact the supernatural world. Can anyone or is it only certain people? I find it hard to relax and get to that next level or maybe I'm also affraid of what I may encounter...Can you offer some advice on how to get started?

Hello! I am new here also. I believe anyone can contact them as long as you believe and you're in the right frame of mind and very relaxed. I wouldn't do it if you are very afraid,however, plus if you are new to it I wouldn't either until you have done further research on the topic.

My advice would be first, do alot of research, get to know everything you possibly can on the subject and how to do it and maybe buy some books on how to relax and get into the right state of mind.... IF YOU ARE SCARED,DON"T DO ANYTHING! You never do anything with the supernatural when you are scared because if you were to contact any demonic entities they will take advantage of this so first be relaxed and don't do it if you are very afraid... next, I would purchase a digital voice recorder and try doing some EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena). Research this first. You could even use a still digital camera and/or a video camera to capture any physical evidence(if any) but make sure you do the first steps first! Hope that helped :)

#8 aprilmoonflower

aprilmoonflower

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

:weeee:
Lurking..

Would you try contacting a deceased relative as a first investigation if you were comfortable? What are the chances something would come through?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users