• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VaGhostKid

VaGhostKid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

Okay I am in Chesapeake, Va. I have checked out all the local places and they all say I am to young. I am about 14 going on 15, have my own equipment and that good stuff. Is there any group in Virginia or North Carolina that will accept:

-A 14 year old
-An amatuer(but, I know what I'm doing)

I know I don't have much to offer but can anyone help? Thanks!

#2 razorblade_ragdoll

razorblade_ragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Arts/Pottery (particularly animation), Literature, Writing and Poetry, Music ( I listen to a little of everything, but tend to lean torward the Rock, Metal, and Alternative genres in preference ^^;; ) Softball, Photography and the truth behind the paranormal that may help me finally feel comfortable in my own skin.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

XD Wish I could help--unfortunately, I'm stuck out here in Pittsburgh. It's frustraiting when no one takes you seriously because of your age, even if you have all the knowledge and equipment to do the job--I know that experience first hand. Try graveyards at night--they're generally public, and probably your best chance at an investigation until you gain a few years of age.~^^

Wings won't take me...Heights don't phase me...So take a step,But don't look down...

Check out my art--any comments are greatly welcomed!:http://s176.photobuc.....ire_B/My Art/

Posted Image

Take a Step...

#3 VaGhostKid

VaGhostKid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

XD Wish I could help--unfortunately, I'm stuck out here in Pittsburgh. It's frustraiting when no one takes you seriously because of your age, even if you have all the knowledge and equipment to do the job--I know that experience first hand. Try graveyards at night--they're generally public, and probably your best chance at an investigation until you gain a few years of age.~^^

Thank, I'll check that out!

#4 razorblade_ragdoll

razorblade_ragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Arts/Pottery (particularly animation), Literature, Writing and Poetry, Music ( I listen to a little of everything, but tend to lean torward the Rock, Metal, and Alternative genres in preference ^^;; ) Softball, Photography and the truth behind the paranormal that may help me finally feel comfortable in my own skin.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

No problem~^^

Wings won't take me...Heights don't phase me...So take a step,But don't look down...

Check out my art--any comments are greatly welcomed!:http://s176.photobuc.....ire_B/My Art/

Posted Image

Take a Step...

#5 Nightmare Before Victor

Nightmare Before Victor

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:ALL THAT IS STRANGE AND UNUSUAL

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

I can empathize with you but if you do go to graveyards you need permission I think it would be a lot better if you started with local houses maybe your friends and do some research and interviews.

#6 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

Many people think that because some are under 18 they are not able to be responsible, but I had met some "underage" kids that act more mature then some 50 year olds. :Wall:

Probably is more like a legal issue, I guess if I had a underage person in my group, (if I had one) I would have to have written parent consent.. if something would of happen in one of those investigations, I guess the person in charge could get in trouble is one of the minors gets hurt. I think... that could be one of the reasons that some groups donīt accept minors.

I donīt know about the laws over there, here in Mexico, all you need is to have verbal consent from the parent. Except in schools or churches and other places, when they have to go for a field trip, or out of the main building... they have to have written consent from the parents.
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#7 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

:) Maybe you could start a group of your peers in your area. Unless somehow people in your area would be critical of your effort many young people probably want to be interested in a serious group of investigators. Start with some EVP"S or pictures and send them to the experts here. When people see you are interested and do know what you are doing you show your credibility and should find support from older experienced groups. If your sincere you can do it. My first group was all school friends. We were 15-17 and did not have the equipment they have now. (think 40 years ago) but by college we were the experts. Just don't give up. Nothing worth having just happens without a struggle. :ghost:

Good Luck

Sharon

Edited by Cautious-Psychic13, 15 January 2009 - 05:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users