Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:45 PM
Ghostvillage.com's community is dedicated to providing supernatural research, evidence, and discussion. We welcome all views, whether skeptic or believer, but we must insist on an atmosphere of respect for each other's opinions and for the moderators and staff of Ghostvillage who put forth a lot of effort to make this community the great place that it is. These rules are a guideline as to what we expect of Ghostvillagers.
1) Do not post offensive material. This includes anything that is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This material should not be posted on any board or in your avatar or signature.
2) Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
solicitations are not allowed on any board.
3) Posting of copyrighted material is not allowed unless you own the copyright, have permission from the person that does, or give the person proper credit. Basically, donít take credit for someone elseís work. If you would like to quote something or use an article on the site, make sure that you post a link to where the original work is and give the proper credit.
4) When adding to a post, make sure it contributes to the topic.
5) Respect other members. Just because you can not see the person with whom you are conversing, does not give you free rein to call them names or post insulting comments.
6) Respect material posted by other members. Do not copy material posted by other members, including pictures, to other websites unless you have that members permission. Ghostvillage.com retains a copyright on the compilation of all pages in the 'ghostvillage.com' domain. Villagers retain full rights to their individual works and contributions, whether stated or not.
It is the job of the board moderators to determine what material they feel is inappropriate or offensive. If the material is found to be that, the moderator may remove it. This will be done on a case by case basis.
If you, as a member, have a problem, you may contact the board moderators or the town square manager. You may also utilize the "report" function located in each post. Click on this button and a complaint will be sent to the moderator and the town square manager.
These guidelines are here to promote the harmonious community that has been built here at Ghostvillage. Violating a guideline may result in a warning and/or other action.
Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:42 AM
With that being said, the Member Guidelines for the message boards have been updated to include number 7: Any post or material that contains a reference to any type of illegal activity (such as trespassing, use of illegal substances, or any other activity that is deemed illegal) shall be removed from the boards without warning.
This means that if you post something that is illegal, your post or material will be removed from public view. You will not be given a warning, it will just be removed. No explanation will be given.
Notice I said that it will be removed from public view. That does not mean that the material will be deleted, but it will be removed and logged so that we are able to keep it as a record. The first time you violate Guideline #7, the material will be removed. The second time, your account will be suspended for 48 hours. The third offense will result in the removal of your account from GV.
This is something that we take very seriously. GV is here to promote the paranormal world, to get people talking about it and thinking about it, to give people a place to come and talk about their experiences and find others who can relate. We want to do this in a positive way. Illegal activity involved with the paranormal world casts a very negative light on things and we will not condone that, be part of that, or accept it.
Edited by DukeofBoogie, 29 December 2006 - 05:45 AM.
I've been hit by mrsspookypants
Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:18 PM
While you may think that you are in the chat room by yourself or with another very trusted friend and you are the only ones in there, your conversation can be viewed by others. Any member can enter the chat room and can use a simple command to view the anything typed recently in the chat room. So let me assure you that while you may think that the messages you type disappear when you exit the chat room.....they don't. This is the same with many chat rooms and IM systems on the Internet.
The chat room is not monitored regularly by Admin, but we do have the ability to pull chat transcripts to check on reported problems. So we have been able to confirm that the inappropriate behavior is going on as well as who has been involved. So consider this the only warning that you will receive.
Remember that the guidelines that apply to the message boards also apply to the chat room. From this point on, any violation of the guidelines in the chat room will result in disciplinary action.
So please be respectful of the chat room environment. Remember it is for paranormal discussion. There are plenty of other chat rooms outside of Ghostvillage in which you can "carry on".
Ghostvillage Moderating Team
I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users