Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Anyone Heard about the Bloody Mary, 50 Candles?

Bloody Mary 50 Candles

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ghost3012

ghost3012

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, Video Games, Spending time with my family and friends.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'm always interested in the urban legends especially the bloody mary, 50 candles, and the boogeyman. has anyone had experiences? Cause someone to try the bloody mary and the 50 candles. let me know if anyone has. thanks

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

What is the 50 Candles?

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hm... I just did a quick google search. Among the reults are a song by Boys II Men, a Legen of Zelda item, candles (Kind of a well, duh!)... Nothing that really sticks out as urban legen/paranormal. *shrugs*

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#4 ghost3012

ghost3012

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, Video Games, Spending time with my family and friends.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

as far as i know 50 candles is when you light up 50 candles u pick up a candle tell something that happen to you in the past and then u blow it out and when the last one picks up the last candle it would come true. that's i know about it.

#5 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

Had never heard of that --- but that's interesting. Lots of fortune telling techniques in myths and folklore.

I have tried the Blood Mary thing in front of a mirror . . . we didn't see Bloody Mary, but the mirror fell off the wall soon after.

Have heard of the Boogeyman (in may different forms). Lots of scary stories and cautionary tales!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#6 ghost3012

ghost3012

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

what are some the cautionary tales of the boogeyman? i'm curious on that

#7 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Aside from the WWE Boogeyman gimmick....* yes, if you've read some of the old last poster threads, I'm a WWE mark.*

However, I found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogeyman <-this on Wikipedia.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#8 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

I have tried the Blood Mary thing in front of a mirror . . . we didn't see Bloody Mary, but the mirror fell off the wall soon after.

omG LMAO Autumnbelle :D

#9 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

I have to say that I have never tried the 50 candles. Tried Bloody Mary a blue million times, of course, but she never showed. Probably didn't want her eardrum busted by the 10 girls screaming her name when I tried it though!

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#10 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I've heard that bloody mary is something from upper lake erie, but like most urban legends there are no details. Nobody knows what part of the lake she appears on, when or how she died, or year or anything historic. I'm not sure if there is any other actual geographic locations attached to her story, has anyone ever heard of her somewhere else?
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#11 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

I actually just recently played a variant called 100 candles. My nephew saw it on Paranormal State and thought it would be fun, so I set up a get-together to try it. Well, my nephew chickened out and decided not to do it, but luckily, my boyfriend and most of my investigation team actually thought it would be interesting.

The description of how to play the game varies, but basically, you light 100 candles. Each member of the party tells a ghost story that happened to them (or comes from their village, hehe), then blows the candle out. After all 100 candles are blown out, a ghost or spirit(s) is said to be in the room. According to *cough* Wikipedia, this game has roots in ancient Japanese tradition and was played by samurais. Although this game DOES have occult connontations, we played it for the sheer fun of telling ghost stories, an ancient tradition in and of itself.

We weren't trying to conjure up anything, but just have fun. I bought several bags of tea-light candles, and along with those and many other candles I had in my house, lit up 100 in my antique-furnished living room. We snacked on a vast spread of goodies, and basically just took turns telling ghost stories. It was really sort of a bonding experience as some shared experiences that got them into this field, and some told tales that they had never told anyone else. it was theraputic in a way to discuss these things with a group of people who wouldn't think you were insane.

We didn't make it anywhere near the 100 though. Some of the tealights blew themselves out from being lit so long, and we just got bored and tired and started blowing out 3-4 at a time, just to get through. We still stopped with about 30 candles still lit, lol. Needless to say, nothing was conjured or even seen, but there were plenty of stories that produced chill bumps. I can easily see how a group of young and impressionable kids, especially if there are some pranksters among them, can truly scare the crud out of themselves playing this game. Do I seriously think it has the ability to "conjure" anything? Not really--I do think, however, that whenever you express an interest in the paranormal you're opening yourself up to be more observant of things that possibly could be paranormal in nature.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#12 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've heard of it as 100 candles.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#13 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

I've seen ghosts come out when you talk about them. My friend used to have her ghost in the house get really active when watching ghost shows on tv and us talking about ghosts in general. It's kinda like oh hey ya want to talk about me, I'm right here dummy!
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users