Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Your Religion

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Poll: What best describes your beliefs?

What best describes your beliefs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#106 brucekp

brucekp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:20 AM

Well, I may be the odd man out on this one. I'm a Christian. (ECLA Lutheran). Was raised in the church...didn't attend for many years...then went every week...now haven't in some time. I always pray and am a ghost hunter too. The Bible mentions spirits in several places.

My late father was a chemist...so science was very important in my family, so I take a scientific mindset to ghost hunting. Have recorded many EVP's. I usually ask if they have seen God. I got a Yes! reply to one not too long ago. I've always believed in an afterlife by faith, now I also have proof. Not sure where that fits in heaven/hell and my investigations have added more questions than they have answered. So, I guess the search continues.

Bruce
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy-ShakespeareLawmakers are studying the possibilty of banning any independent thought and freedom of choice. quoted by insiders: "We can't rely on our citizens to know what is best for them or their families, therefore we cannot permit people to freely make choices on their own. Any citizen suspected of independent thought shall be detained pending a deportation hearing."

#107 Indigo Chyld

Indigo Chyld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:50 AM

I was raised Roman Catholic but am a Spiritualist.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.”Stephen R. Covey

#108 Der Beamte Des Teufels

Der Beamte Des Teufels

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Poetry and song, playing the guitar, paranormal study and seances, heavy metal, philosophy, psychology, religion, history, the Astral Plane, meditation, magickry, school. And the list goes on.

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

I was raised Southern Baptist, denounced my faith, walked about for years feeling stigamatized by religion and hating it in its entirety, then began studying alternate religions (studied for a few years) and in the end adopted Spiritual Satanism. And I could not have made a better choice. Since then I've been the happiest I've ever been.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning." - Aleister Crowley

#109 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

I am more of an open-minded atheist influenced by far-eastern philosaphies by nature. I am cautious about most things based on religous faith or belief but if the suddenly all the true believers are suddenly raptured and the apocolypse occurs I will be the first to admit I was wrong. :ghost: :ghost:
Sharon

#110 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

Catholic / Christian.

#111 Light Worker

Light Worker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I am a psychic medium and find all facets of the supernatural world fascinating. I have obtained a few good evp's in my day and been a paranormal investigator mostly from the standpoint of a Medium's point of view. I am currently exploring Paganism as I am considering changing my religion.<br /> I like to oil pant landscapes, sew, and have a passion for cooking, which I do frequently. I have three, grown, awesome children who all live around me.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:37 AM

I was raised Christian...but the older I get(I'm 58) the more I lean toward Pagan and/or Wiccan...especially Pagan.....Light Worker

#112 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

My mom: "Don't even think about marrying him, don't become Wiccan because he is" and so forth.

As a former missionary, let me say your mom is at least partially right. I've seen so many people join this religion or that just to please someone, but they often don't have roots strong enough to stay the path if that relationship goes south. If you choose Wicca, choose it for yourself. It is a beautiful religion with much to offer.

I started getting interesting in Wicca in high school and the more I learn, the more I feel it's the right path for me. My mom won't understand, which is why I'm not telling her until AFTER I move out.
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#113 Sword of Truth

Sword of Truth

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The restored Gospel of Christ and I am a return missionary and priesthood bearer.

#114 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:31 AM

I started getting interesting in Wicca in high school and the more I learn, the more I feel it's the right path for me. My mom won't understand, which is why I'm not telling her until AFTER I move out.

Believe me when I say you're making a good choice. If your parents are like mine, one will never speak about religion to you ever again for any matter, and the other will debate with you constantly and tell you that you're wrong.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#115 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The restored Gospel of Christ and I am a return missionary and priesthood bearer.

Welcome to the board from a fellow Mormon. I hope to read your experiences with the paranormal on our other boards.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#116 FAYTE

FAYTE

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:LEXIGRAMMING, SPIRIT PORTRAITS

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

Spiritist
not
Spiritualist

#117 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

I was Church of England but I am now a Wiccan!
Posted Image Posted Image

#118 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

No religion, don't believe in god, but not an Athiest. I'm leaning towards Paganism, though.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#119 Nightmare Before Victor

Nightmare Before Victor

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:ALL THAT IS STRANGE AND UNUSUAL

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

I was raised Catholic then Mormon then Christian then I tried Wicca and Paganism I'm very spiritual more than religious but I'm giving Spiritualism a try.

#120 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:55 AM

Religion in my mind is something man made... only something man made like this can cause so many wars and arguements, often between friends.

Two of my friends felt out a couple of years back, she always banged on about her religion which was Muslim, she was a very pushy Muslim, like when she went on the fast they do for forty days, she would always look down on us for eating during the day. So one day she was going on about her religion and I said to her "Well, how do you get baptised or like put in the religion?" She didnt really understand what I was asking her but she told us "We get part of the Quran whispered in our ear as a baby."

So my other friend went up to her cos he was fed up of her always looking down on us and whispered something in her ear, she started crying and run off. Now Im not going to repeat what he told us that he said to her, because I'll probably get into trouble on the boards. Now that one action devided our group of friends, nothing was ever the same again, and if anyone had an argument with her over anything, shed just come out with "Its because Im Muslim isnt it?" I once told her to shut up and she went to the head teacher and told her that I had been racist towards her.

So yeh, in the end religions generally cause devides between communities, it is easily noticable if you look carefully enough, especially here in the UK. Thats why I choose not to participate in one.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users