21 replies to this topic

#1 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

Hello Folks,

One of the things I've noticed personally is the rising levels of activity, and no, not just because Hollywood got into the act.

Back in the 70's, capturing a ghost voice (now called an EVP) on magnetic tape was extremely rare. Even my old haunted house that had high activity, would go months on end sometimes before another brief flareup, like it had to recharge.

In the 80's, when camcorders became available, people setup cameras on Holloween, in highly haunted areas...and got nothing. Maybe once in a blue moon something questionable was caught, but not enough to really catalog events on a regular basis. Even I spent more than a few night in graveyards during the 80's trying to catch things on tape or recordings.

However, as soon as we entered the 21st century, it's like a switch was flipped on. Every year that passes, the activity seems to be getting higher and higher, even people who never had experiences with ghosts or spirits all their lives are suddenly becoming believers because they are suddenly involved with this surge of activity. There is so much activity now, they can get evidence and images and EVP's often enough to air TV shows, of all things, on ghosts. Pretty much any graveyard will yield some type of results.

10, 20 and even 30 years ago, such activity didn't exist in high volumes, even for those looking for it. I mean in high volumes. There has always been some type of activity, but not in excess as it is today.

I see this as a global warning...of something. I've had more than one highly vivid, highly detailed catastrophic dream of the near future, though I cannot put a date on it. Let me just say, it bothers me a great deal. It felt so real, I felt the dry, blistering air on my skin and actually smelled the death in the air. From what, I am not sure, I only witnessed the aftermath in my dream. Not the cause.

Does anybody else see the build up of activity over the decades I am talking about? And has anybody else had vivid dreams of entire continents being ripped apart and life as we know it changing?

Edited by Gherick, 08 November 2007 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

Gherick, I think you'll find a lot of people share your view. When I read your post, I thought of an event I attended 8-10 years ago. The woman giving a workshop asked the group if anyone had been having "water dreams". A few raised their hand. Then, someone else in the group mentioned a different kind of dream, and a small bit of people chimed in on that. As I sat there listening, I was wondering if the type of dream, had to do with a person's location. Ever since then, in thinking of all this talk of "the veil is thinning between the worlds" etc, what I'm really wondering is maybe it's a case of.......your fourth paragraph....."however, as soon as we entered the 21st century, it's like a switch was flipped on". Maybe that switch was turned on in us. Basically, I think it's been all there, all the time, and we're getting more and more OPEN. Hope this makes some sense.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#3 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

This has been a frequent conversation with many people these days.... very interesting indeed.....
... were there any commonalities found between the people having water dreams, etc.? :ghost:

Gherick, I think you'll find a lot of people share your view. When I read your post, I thought of an event I attended 8-10 years ago. The woman giving a workshop asked the group if anyone had been having "water dreams". A few raised their hand. Then, someone else in the group mentioned a different kind of dream, and a small bit of people chimed in on that. As I sat there listening, I was wondering if the type of dream, had to do with a person's location. Ever since then, in thinking of all this talk of "the veil is thinning between the worlds" etc, what I'm really wondering is maybe it's a case of.......your fourth paragraph....."however, as soon as we entered the 21st century, it's like a switch was flipped on". Maybe that switch was turned on in us. Basically, I think it's been all there, all the time, and we're getting more and more OPEN. Hope this makes some sense.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#4 jmander

jmander

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

I think a lot of it really has to do with the media and the rise of the internet, rather than an actual increase in activity itself. The internet has made it possible to share stories, experiences and evidence with a global community. A combination of the internet and other forms of media are slowly making the "paranormal" less of a taboo subject, bringing it to a more mainstream audience...which is making more people interested in the subject. In turn, this has likely led to more people willing to share their stories and evidence, and the cycle goes on in a vicious circle.
Posted Image

#5 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:13 PM

Peepers, "commonalities", I guess I could say yes. From where I live in Texas (up into the state) to going down to Houston, all the water dreams came from. Since then we've seen more and more flooding every year, in the Houston area and other parts of texas too. People who attend these kinds of events are interested in such subjects anyway. Like me. One presenter had Scallion's "future map". There was alot of talk that day about "feelings" , dreams, some seeing auras that had never seen them before. I kept telling myself to remember that these are the people who are going to be open anyway. When I got away from there (and THOSE people!) I brought these subjects up to everyone in my family and friends and even strangers. I was totally amazed! No one DIDN'T have these things on their mind! We had lots to talk about. That's what makes me think that maybe we are having more of our DNA turned on because it's needed now. I say, DNA, because I'm influenced by Gregg Braden's books. Who knows? I'm just trying to figure this out like everyone.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#6 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:00 AM

I think a lot of it really has to do with the media and the rise of the internet, rather than an actual increase in activity itself. The internet has made it possible to share stories, experiences and evidence with a global community. A combination of the internet and other forms of media are slowly making the "paranormal" less of a taboo subject, bringing it to a more mainstream audience...which is making more people interested in the subject. In turn, this has likely led to more people willing to share their stories and evidence, and the cycle goes on in a vicious circle.

I'm not saying your point is invalid, there is some "overflow" from saturation on any subject. No matter how I look at it, ten years ago, I couldn't get an EVP no matter how well haunted a place was rumored to be, even if I had set up equipment for a week straight and switched out tapes for analysis while more was being recorded. No graveyard would yield any either. If I go to the local graveyard for three nights in a row currently and set up a recorder, I'm going to get an EVP. From one spectrum to the other in the time-line, I find that eerie.

One of the reasons why I studied the Sciences very closely in my education is my own interest in debunking the things that aren't paranormal with the issues that clearly are. I've just been discussing this with a gentlemen who's 49 and has had some experiences of his own, and when I mentioned the increased activity, he stared at me for the longest time. I asked him if he was OK, and he nodded. Then he told me he never had seen or heard anything all his life until the turn of the century, when things started to happen in the home he owned for 30 years, which he sold to try and get away from the activity only to have it follow him. And he doesn't have nor had any desire to use a computer. Where I now live (moved from Austin TX to Florida in April of 2001), most of the people are retired here and have no truck with technology and don't use computers. It's that base of people I'm comparing notes with to my own experiences.

#7 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

Gherick, does this make you think that it's the 49 year old man who "opened" up, and not the house he tried to get away from? This is the thing I'm debating with myself. Whether "the veil is thinner" as they say, or we've been switched on.

#8 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

You're making perfect sense, and in your later discussions with peepers, I see your point. My main concern is why now, of all times.

Throughout every culture there are stories and testimony of the paranormal and those that could hear and see the deceased, well before we had a technology and information boom. These folks were rare, however, and not even high enough in numbers to count as part of a population. Whichever end the switch was flipped on, it's on and there has to be a reason for it.

I found it interesting that you mentioned about those having water based dreams awhile ago, and now there is a large amount of flooding in those areas. Maybe a little more than interesting.

Have you, or anyone else here for that matter, had any type of catastrophic dreams on a global scale?

I'm not just asking that based on my own personal dreams, though I have had them and over the last year or so.

#9 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:23 AM

Gherick, does this make you think that it's the 49 year old man who "opened" up, and not the house he tried to get away from? This is the thing I'm debating with myself. Whether "the veil is thinner" as they say, or we've been switched on.

No, and I can say that with some pretty strong assurances. The gentleman is highly religious, been devout all his life and has never sought out this type of attention or lifestyle. In fact, he believes it's a demon trying to deceive him onto thinking it was once a person. I've witnessed the paranormal activity for myself as it is centered on him. And yes, it's a negative entity. The only calamity in his lifetime was the death of his preteen son and the destruction of his first marriage, but all of that took place more than 12 years ago. He had all ready come to terms with the grief and loss and has moved on, and is with another woman even now and was a happy man.

He didn't open up himself, and if he was somehow responsible, not willingly. This came out of the blue on him, and it was the last thing he expected.

#10 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:39 AM

Gherick, sorry, I don't mean to be chasing you around the message board!! Hubby and I went to town today and I bought 3 new books and you'd think I'd be digging into them. But, here I am.... You bring up a good topic.
I personally have not had dreams of that sort in a good while.
There are dreams, and there are DREAMS. Sometimes those catastrophic dreams of terrible earth changes, I wonder if they're meant for mother earth, or our personal lives. Of course there are those that say, we are the cause, in every way, of the earth's well being.
"What good we do to ourselves, we do to the Earth and collective mass consciousness". I've never done that before, but SpiritDoc , hope you don't mind that I'm quoting you again! This is something I really believe.

#11 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:53 AM

Gherick, sorry, I don't mean to be chasing you around the message board!! Hubby and I went to town today and I bought 3 new books and you'd think I'd be digging into them. But, here I am.... You bring up a good topic.
I personally have not had dreams of that sort in a good while.
There are dreams, and there are DREAMS. Sometimes those catastrophic dreams of terrible earth changes, I wonder if they're meant for mother earth, or our personal lives. Of course there are those that say, we are the cause, in every way, of the earth's well being.
"What good we do to ourselves, we do to the Earth and collective mass consciousness". I've never done that before, but SpiritDoc , hope you don't mind that I'm quoting you again! This is something I really believe.

No need to apologize, I should be in bed myself, it's 12:44am right now. ^_^

I know what you mean about DREAMS, big time. I have a sincere feeling that those are meant for both mother earth and our personal lives, just like you do, because both are intermixed and highly related... that is a given truth. It's nice to meet and discuss with somebody who has the wisdom to feel that as much as it's stated.

I just got home after my late night meeting with the gentleman in question, and the hour was late on purpose. First thing I did? Come here to post. :) I'm hitting the hay after this post, and thank you for sharing with me tonight.

Pretty soon I am going to have to start a thread about my current project as it is, and I have to honor the gentleman's request for discretion of his identity. That will be a challenge of another color, but will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Have a good night's rest, Puti. I'm zonking in exactly 3 minutes from closing this window, lol. I look forward to more forum chasing soon. :ghost:

#12 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:14 PM

I think media and groups like this help make us see that more is going on than just what we heard about locally or regionally. As someone who has had experiences all her life I'm astounded at how many resources are now available when it used to be something I didn't even speak of. As for increase in activity.....I think a lot more people are looking for it. Maybe we've evolved into better sensativities so now more people feel it or maybe the spirits/demons have evolved to have better communication ability. It's an interesting thought and thread nonetheless.
Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

#13 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

LadyWolf, glad you're here. I think you would be more of a help than me. When I read Gherick's post, I had a feeling that there was/is a more serious issue than what he was saying in the post. He's trying to help someone? This post was near the bottom of the page and that was nagging me that it would go away with out some help.
I should be more clear about what I mean .....being "switched on", I don't think is a personal choice. I think it's just happening to human-kind. Yes, like you said, we've "evolved".

I hate using this again but.....in John Keel's story of Mothman where he asks that question, "why me?", the prof. says that "they noticed, that you noticed them". This is what we live with now, and now we will really remember who we are. Great spiritual beings, living a human life.

#14 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

Puti,

I think you're on the right page/same page as the rest of us. I think Gherick had some concerns based on current trends and some dreams he's had. Again, I think this shows an awakening and an evolutionary change. Our brain has the capability, it's just never been used. Maybe, after so many years, there's are enough spirits/supernatural things strong enough to communicate and we're now strong enough to receive their messages.
Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

#15 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

Puti,

I think you're on the right page/same page as the rest of us. I think Gherick had some concerns based on current trends and some dreams he's had. Again, I think this shows an awakening and an evolutionary change. Our brain has the capability, it's just never been used. Maybe, after so many years, there's are enough spirits/supernatural things strong enough to communicate and we're now strong enough to receive their messages.

I see both points, and there is a level of accuracy to it that won't leave the back of my mind, either.

This is one of the contradictions I've been dealing with in my research. However evolution takes us, fast or slow, in any type of development that would mean a gain in any sense, it takes a generation to go into practical use. In other words, most people should still be blind to the events, but the children and future generations beyond them would be sensitive enough to perceive these things from the start.

Evolutionary design, guided or not, DNA manipulated in a lab or done naturally, has to go through the current parent to the next generation for the gain to be achieved.

What I am talking about is a current generation who had absolutely no experience or involvement suddenly seeing and hearing and feeling these things that include paranormal activity. What this means is clear. It's not biological.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about... let's say humans were all colorblind. But a generation later, those children were not colorblind. The previous generation would be confused, skeptical and disbelieving the explanations of the newer generations, some being convinced, others not, but never truly understanding the full implications as to what was being experienced. Sounds pretty close to our issues, does it not? But what is happening now is that colorblind generation suddenly starting to see colors for no apparent reason. Biologically, it doesn't work that way. It takes a new generation for the new abilities to develop, latent in the genetics or not.

Your lines of reasoning holds a lot of water, but I cannot say it's a natural process. In fact, it's as unnatural as one can get, understanding the development chronologically through biological traits. My issue that I am trying to resolve... is how this process is being used to manipulate us right now, and are we actually being warned, or being said goodbye too. Almost like an "I told you so" that we won't have any clue about until it's just about to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users