You and your burial

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 21 February 2003 - 02:21 PM

Okay being that the paranormal pertains to death I was curious, how do you guys want to be buried?  I know sick question but its going to happen sooner or later. For example my dad wants to be buried standing up ???

I want to be cremated, the thought of being buried and left ALONE is sad, I love people and cemetaries are lonely to me so I told Rock when I die, if before him to cremate me! I want my ashes put in pretty little charm like things, with a chain or ribbon on them so they can be hung in my friends cars or homes and I will be there all the time, never lonely in the earth for people to visit on holidays, I want to be there all the time, lol!!!!!   I do not want a viewing, just burn my a#@ and have a party, play my cd collection for good music and have a ton of good food and good drinks and talk happy things and when you leave dont forget to take a charm...The End ;D
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#2 wayne2241

wayne2241

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 21 February 2003 - 02:37 PM

Definitely a great way to go out. My personal preference is to be freeze dried and propped in my favorite swing outside with a good book. This way I can keep an eye on the place. I got this idea from my mom, I like it.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#3 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 21 February 2003 - 02:39 PM

Now thats a cool way to go.........you dont even have to be burned lol.....I should reconsider, just hope I am having a good hair day when I go, lol, jk, hehe ;)
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#4 hoppip

hoppip

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:36 PM

I dont like the thought of being buried or having a viewing. The thought of everybody looking at me and saying that I looked good "fixed up" is just to much.  Have you ever been to a viewing and heard someone say "thats the best I have ever seen her look!"  I would hate to think that someone would say that about me.  

I guess I could be an advertisement for some make up commercial "before" and "after"  

There is always the dead body farm.  You know the one that places dead bodies in different places so that they can tell how long someone has been dead.  [What stages the bugs are in]  lol

#5 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:57 PM

OK

I might have mentiond this before...

If I were to die now, young, I want my aunts to carry my casket down the ayle the song plays with the words
"the aunts come marching two by two"

If I have an open casket wake I want them to make me smiling and instead of my hands locked together I want them to have my thumbs up. As for being buried or cremated I dont care because I'll be dead but the caramony I want it to be rememberd as a fun day I want to in death be as I was in life. At leist when they came to the coffin theyd laugh rather then cry.

ANYWAY I COPYRIGHTED MY IDEA if any of you die and do this I'm robbing your garve so ha.  ;D

#6 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 22 February 2003 - 04:35 AM

Iam going to be cremated. Ashes to ashes for me . No worms feasting on my dead body.

I want to be spread over Pebble Beach golf course or Firestone North or South course if you please.

Better yet place my ashes in a tube and shoot me into space , past the gravity of the earth.

Hmmmmmmmmm  pleasant thought .  ;)
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#7 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 06:17 PM

Why do you care how your body decomposes?

#8 susmith

susmith

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 26 February 2003 - 01:20 PM

I want to be cremated, put in an urn, then placed on top of the fireplace mantle so my husbands NEW wife will have to dust me once a week!
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#9 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 02:34 PM

By getting cremated I dont have to worry at all about decomposition  ;) BK  
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#10 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 26 February 2003 - 03:54 PM

Incineration is the way to go......definately!  Its cheep, efficient and then my ashes will be spread on the Platte River in Northern Michigan, alot of good memorys there.......Besides, When I asked my wife to plant me in the garden for good composting, she wouldn't go for it! LOL :-/
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#11 Aurelia

Aurelia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:I love a little mystery in things. I am also a person who sees a "haunted" place that scares everyone else, and I add it to my list of places to go. My #1 interest to date is my son.

Posted 26 February 2003 - 09:50 PM

Is it weird that I want to be naked as the day I was born and just chucked into a hole in the earth???  That's how I want to go...all natural!!!  Anyway...on a more creepy note...my mother wants me to take her to the mountains before she dies (after she starts losing cognition and bladder control) and leave her there in the dead of winter.  Says she wants to be eaten by animals...she didn't specify whether or not she wanted to be living or dead when this happens... :-X
Nite
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

#12 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 03:51 PM

Hehehe Flying ( compost )  ;D

Id like to join ya  :)  but Im going to Pebble Beach, Firestone or mabey into orbit  ;)

#13 ohhorror

ohhorror

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 01 March 2003 - 09:44 AM

Ever since I was a little kid I have always wanted my own mausoleum with big candelabras and a suit of armor in one corner.

Now I also want to add a sound system connected to a solar panel so that when ever someone opens the door it will play a scary laugh. ;D
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#14 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 10:14 AM

Ya gotta love it Ohhorror. Fine idea  ;)

#15 Midnyte69

Midnyte69

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 09:12 AM

I want to be cremated and shot into space... but on the other side of that... I've always thought that I would still want a burial plot w/ headstone et al. The only difference would be that I would want to have two fake arms coming out of the earth where they would look rather natural... That would be sure to give other mourners something to be freaked about.

As a side note... Penn and Teller have purchased a burial plot in the famous Hollywood Cemetary... and on the name plate on the ground... it simply has a picture of the 3 of clubs and the question, "Is this your Card?" Now that's funny. Not only is it funny... but they are both currently alive and the gravesite currently exists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users