Is Halloween STILL Halloween?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hi, just wanted to troll for thoughts on this but I have noticed that over the past few years I have had just the best luck seeking ghosts in September. It seems like every year between the second or third week of September and the second or third week of October paranormal activity has peaked. I thought about it and while I do not go ghost hunting too close to the calendar day Halloween because it is too crowded, it seems that paranormal events find me between mid September and October. I have this idea that the actual spiritually significant time has moved over the millenia and perhaps the spirits do not care so much what the calendar day is. Thoughts?
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

I am not sure. I have never tried ghost hunting durning Halloween. I think there it too much going on at that time. It's traditional that the veil between the world thins at Halloween. I wonder if its a process though. Maybe it starts thining in Sept. and peaks at Halloween.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:44 AM

Halloween still works best, but I think there's more of a psychodrama at that time.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

I'm pretty sure that ghosts and spirits don't pay too much attention to dates on a calendar. :)
petunia4998

#5 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

I've heard that the veil's thinner on solstices and Equinoxes but tbh, I've never gotten a decent pic on Halloween
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#6 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

I once stayed at cypress lawn cemetery in colma,CA. On Halloween. I got there in the morning and stayed all day. I didn't see one person until dawn I saw a small truck just traveling through go by. I thought being at a cemetery at Halloween would be a neat experience but it was as dead as the cemetery itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users