94 replies to this topic

#1 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:43 PM

Not really a haunted place, and yet....something about it is haunting

I've always had a real interest in the Bermuda Triangle which kinda makes sense for me...Most of you probably know my intrigue with time issues...shifts, gaps, dimensions. I'm pretty sure The Triangle won't be figured out in my lifetime, but I have lots of thoughts of my own.

I think it's a portal to another dimension - Which is why often the last radio transmissions report confusion about location. Nothing looks right...nothing is where it should be. People feel confused, lost and disoriented. I think this is because the land and water they're seeing is not appearing the same way that they know it should be...in our universe. In a parallel universe,however, it is correct.

My dad had a friend who was lost in that area in 1959. He was flying his own plane off the coast, radioed that he didn't recognize the terrain or body of water he was seeing. He was unable to even determine were the sun was so that he could set his course correctly.

How about everyone else? What do you think about the Triangle?

In the meantime, here's a good telling of the tragedy of Flight 19:

This article was written by David Wallechinsky & Irving Wallace

About the disappearance of Flight 19 in the Bermuda Triangle in 1945, history of the mystery.
The Event: THE STRANGE DISAPPEARANCE OF FLIGHT 19

When: December 5, 1945

Where: The Bermuda Triangle, off the coast of Florida

The Mystery: Flight 19 should have been routine. It was a normal training flight from the Naval Air Station at Fort Lauderdale, Fla.--5 TBM Avengers, torpedo bombers equipped with excellent navigational and radio equipment. One plane had a crew of 2; the others had 3 men each. Their planned course was a triangle--160 mi. east, 40 mi. north, then southwest back to the base.

At 2:02, the 1st plane took off, and soon they were all flying in formation at a speed of 200 mph.

The 1st sign of trouble came 1 1/2 hours later. By that time, they should have returned to based. Instead, there was a weird radio message from the flight commander. "Calling tower. This is an emergency. . . . We seem to be off course . . . . We cannot see land . . . . (REPEAT) . . . We cannot see land." When asked for their position, he said, "We are not sure of our position. We can't be sure of just where we are. We seem to be lost." Then, when told to head due west, he radioed, "We do not know which way is west. Everything is wrong ... strange. We can't be sure of any direction. Even the ocean doesn't look as it should."

Fifteen minutes later, personnel in the control tower heard the men on the planes talking back and forth. Then the flight commander did something extremely unusual--he turned control over to one of his men.

At 4:25, the last message came, "Not certain where we are ... about 225 mi. northeast of base. . . . Looks like we are--"

A Martin flying boat with a crew of 13 men took off to begin a search for the missing planes. Five minutes later, it vanished. Six planes were now inexplicably lost.

All night long, Coast Guard planes searched, and in the morning, an aircraft carrier sent up more planes. Before night, there were 21 ships, 300 planes, and 12 land-based parties looking for the missing Flight 19 and the Martin flying boat. But there was no trace of them, not even an oil slick.

Adding to the mystery were several unanswered questions: Why was there no SOS from Flight 19? Why was there no debris? Why hadn't the Martin flying boat simply landed on the water? What happened to the Martin's emergency radio equipment? The naval inquiry board that investigated the disappearances said, "We are not able to even make a good guess as to what happened."

Since then, both planes and ships have continued to vanish in the Bermuda Triangle, the area bounded by Florida, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and Jamaica. (In Europe, the area is called both the Magic Rhombus and the Triangle of Death.)

In 1965-1966, the National Bureau of Standards studied the coastline along the edge of the Triangle, using special microphones and instruments to pick up ultrasonic noise. They did hear some strange whispering sounds, but technicians could not identify them.

In 1967, the Navy spent over $5 million searching the ocean floors with research submarines but found nothing.

Possible Solutions: Perhaps it is simply coincidence that so many ships and planes have vanished in the Bermuda Triangle. Since the area is heavily traveled, statistically speaking, accidents are more likely to take place there.

On the other hand, some scientists think that some parts of the ocean may periodically produce chemical compounds which could affect humans to the extent that they lose their sense of direction. Researchers at the Max Planck Institute in Germany, for instance, have detected high concentrations of nitrous oxide (laughing gas) near Iceland. They think it possible that the oceans may go through chemical phases; during one of these phases, catabolism--chemical reactions related to organic decomposition--may occur.

Perhaps the Bermuda Triangle is one of several so-called "vile vortices," spaced evenly around the world. These areas are characterized by magnetic and gravitational anomalies, which may be caused by their bowlike shapes. Maybe the planes fell up.

Or, could it be that alien beings in underwater bases captured the planes and ships (or at least their crews)? Or was it UFOs from outer space, which came through magnetic or gravitational "holes" in the sky?

Finally, did the ships and planes and the people on them pass into the 4th dimension through a kind of gap in time?

If so, are they now in a parallel universe?

We may never know the answer.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#2 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:34 PM

I've been interested in the Bermuda Triangle...unfontunately, I don't know much about it....do you know more about it, Holly?
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#3 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:37 PM

I do know that there is a loss of time when you fly through the triangle which I have done on two different occasions . The first time when we landed there was about 30 min. time loss But the second time nothing happened.

#4 Minch

Minch

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Crocheting, Reading

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

I to have been interested in the Bermuda Triangle. Unfortunately, I have long lost all of the information that I had stored in my brain. Nothing major, just little tidbits.

Has anything recently happened in there? I haven't heard of anything, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.
Posted Image

#5 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:34 AM

:hug: Anyone interested in the Bermuda Triangle should read a book entitled "Space time Transients". The book was developed from early computer modeling of paranormal events upon a geographic distribution of events.

The book seemed to predict the presence of a number of other strange areas, most over water, but two over land. The areas coincided with patterns present in the earth's magnetic field. There also appears to be a band of high activity circling the earth just north and south of 19.5 Latitude.

Holly, I don't mean to downplay the flight 19 story, but there are a couple of other disappearances in the area that are more proveably strange. If you'd like I'll dig them out. One is about a ship sailing in calm seas in tandem with another vessel which totally disappeared with several hundred people.

I totally buy into the dimensional gateway theory. I suspect that we're sliding into other universes and others have been sliding into ours for millions of years. We have too many unexplainable artifacts.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#6 Skeptic Believer

Skeptic Believer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

What really happen with Flight 19 was faulty equipment and bad leadership.

http://www.contactpa...eral/news39.htm

#7 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:55 PM

What I had been taught about the triangle had to do with Atlantis, which was in that area. All the power in Atlantis eminated from a giant crystal, which went down when the land went down and all the strange things come from the energy from that crystal.
petunia4998

#8 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

I hate to be seen as the cheerleader for every half-baked theory and concept on the market, so it would be convenient to totally slam this one, but in all sincerity, I cannot.

The Bermuda Triangle is probably not a triangle, but the title sure has a ring to it. The "Triangle" is one of many such areas, and if I wasn't so lazy, I'd pull out my books and write down a few more examples.

One that I know by heart is the so-called "Devil's Sea" off the coast of Japan. The ones over land are in the Gobi and the Sahara? deserts. The worst spot of all is between Australia and New Zealand, and includes Tasmania as well. If you want a real adventure, wait until the sun flares act-up and then go for a pleasure cruise from Tasmania to.......?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#9 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:30 PM

I watched a documentary that stated that there is a series of smaller triangles that run up the east coast of the USA, with one of them being off of New York. I have tried to find an online reference, but so far have come up empty.
Posted Image

#10 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:00 AM

I watched a documentary that stated that there is a series of smaller triangles that run up the east coast of the USA, with one of them being off of New York.  I have tried to find an online reference, but so far have come up empty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Justa:

I haven't heard about this one, but will give you a heads-up when I do. If this phenomena is real at all, it seems to be a function of the earth's magnetic field. The trick word to describe the areas in question is/are gateway or portal , and sometimes,liminal areas. Many of the more famous disappearances on land and water seem to happen at these thresholds. Some of these events are commonly, and I think, improperly attributed to UFO activity.

What bothers me about these disappearances (appearances too!) and so on, is their sporadic frequency. There are a lot of weird events in the Carribean, but not everyone-far from it- has a weird story to tell. I wonder what causes the flurries of activity. Are they related to solar flares?, Or, is it an interraction between "adjacent" realities?

:ghost: :hunter: :angry: :headbang: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I want to share two of my favorite stories sitting in my files, courtesy of J. Clark, a very able, thorough, and reliable researcher

"Corn stalk leaves of remarkable size--up to 3 feet in length--fell on downtown Lincolntown, North Carolina, on August 16, 2000. The witnesses included police officers, who saw the leaves coming down from "Really highin the air, " in oneperson's words. Winds were light, and there were no storms anywhere in the region, ruling out the explanation that the leaves were blown into the area. A National Weather Service Spokesman expressed bafflement. "This is really unusual," he said.

Beginning late on the afternoon of August 3, 2001, thousands of large dried corn husks fell on the east side of Wichita Kansas. The showercontinued intermittently for the next two days. The husks were 30 inches long and 3 inches wide. Meteorologists were baffled. There were no tornadoesanywhere in the USA on the days in question, and local winds never exceeded 12 MPH. And the husks were far bigger than normal. ( something of an understatement) One scientist called it " the craziest thing I've ever heard of."

Notice the similarity of time of year and longitude.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#11 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:22 AM

i saw the documentery thing about flight 19 it was pretty cool.....i dont know if that is where you are gettting your info from but it had the part at the end where they went on a dive to see if they could find the wreckage......when they went down they did find 5 planes, all the same planes that went down, but not flight 19, it was perculiar because they could not figure out how all five planes crashed in the same spot all on 5 different dates....... where flight 19 sahould have went down........odd, but they did come up with a good explanation about methane gas leaking into the air which would probably account for a lot of planes going down........i would love to go through the bermuda triangle though some day....when i have some money.......but its funny because it really does form a triangle just to let you know........if you get a chance you should try and watch that thing on flight 19....

It is odd though that so many planes and boats disappear......even more recently.....i could see back in the day when they had inferior equipment but something in the last 50 years is harder to dismiss......some is the fault of pilots and captains but some are unexplained......

:hug: :purplebounce: :bluebounce: :purplebounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :brownbounce: :purplebounce: :redbounce: :brownbounce: :) :bluebounce: :bluebounce:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:13 AM

i saw the documentery thing about flight 19  it was pretty cool.....i dont know if that is where you are gettting your info from but it had the part at the end where they went on a dive to see if they could find the wreckage......when they went down they did find 5 planes, all the same planes that went down, but not flight 19,  it was perculiar because they could not figure out how all five planes crashed in the same spot all on 5 different dates....... where flight 19 sahould have went down........odd, but they did come up with a good explanation about methane gas leaking into the air which would probably account for a lot of planes going down........i would love to go through the bermuda triangle though some day....when i have some money.......but its funny because it really does form a triangle just to let you know........if you get a chance you should try and watch that thing on flight 19....

It is odd though that so many planes and boats disappear......even more recently.....i could see back in the day when they had inferior equipment but something in the last 50 years is harder to dismiss......some is the fault of pilots and captains but some are unexplained......

;)  :purplebounce:  :redbounce:  :brownbounce:  :bluebounce:  :bluebounce:  :greenbounce:  :purplebounce:  :redbounce:  :brownbounce:  :yellowbounce:  :bluebounce:  :bluebounce:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I keep a loose track of these things. There was a very flawed book years ago called Space-Time Transients, or something similar. I suspect that the author "borrowed" rather liberally from Ivan T. Sandeson, but he pointed towards a world where these strange spots appeared at regular and predictable intervals upon the earth's surface. How much of this I buy, well, I don't know, but more recent data points to the area between Tasmania and New Zealand as the best place on the planet to find a little gateway to somewhere else. Interestingly there have been sightings of giant gators and what appear to be Megalodons in the same area.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#13 crazytmacy

crazytmacy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:20 AM

any info on camp hero on long island? seems there were some space-time experiments there.

#14 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

There appear to be some odd happenings in the British Isles on the outskirts of perhaps their most top secret experimental base. These events seem to involve either time or dimensional distortion. This distortion appears to be a by-product of their experiments rather than intended results. For more info read, "Time Storms", by Jenny Randles.

The location you mention does not ring bells. There is a new book out called , "the Bermuda Triangle-Explained!" or something similar, which is largely an account of one pilot's escape from the now well explained cloud effect.

Most of what I have read inclines me to believe that the phenomena, (if it exists), is a natural function of our earth's magnetic field and the multiverse. You've heard of the Fortean clouds of frogs and so on? Well, the theory is that our universe "rubs shoulders" with adjacent universes, and certain objects, especially those with some sort of power charge, like living things move from one universe to another.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#15 mizzleismyname

mizzleismyname

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

http://www.bstar.net/bermudatriangle/
if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with nonsense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)