I think my apartment is haunted

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dalejrfan71

dalejrfan71

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Nascar, Movies, Music, Reading, Spending time with my wife.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

My wife and I have been living in this peticular for almost 5 years now. In the past 4.5 years of living here I have seen things out of the corner of my eye. I have been sitting at the computer surfing the net and I have either been tapped on my head or on my back. When this happens I turn around to see what did this and there's nothing behind me.

I have heard footsteps coming down the hall. One morning about 3 years ago My wife woke up and thought she saw me walking down the hall and go into the bathroom. She called out to me asking when I was going to be finished in the bathroom. I told her that I was in the kitchen making us breakfast when she saw "me" walking down the hall.

Another time I was making my wife breakfast before she had to go to work. While I was making her breakfast I saw an orange tabby cat run by the kitchen which is interesting because we have a gray tabby cat. I've watched my cat follow something around with her eyes.

One night I was walking out of the bathroom and saw a shadow person in the corner. My cat saw it as well and she hissed at it. The apartment building my wife and I live in is approximately 35 to 40 yrs old. Plus there is a creek that runs under the building.

I live in Grimsby, Ontario Canada, which is the Niagara region of Ontario. Part of the war of 1812 was fought in this region. Not to mention how many people have died in this building over the past 40 yrs. Is my apartment haunted or is this my imagination?

What do you think?
If you wanna live life on your own termsYou gotta be willing to crash and burn

#2 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy writing, gardening, and, of course, sharing ghost stories.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

If you're seeing shadowy people, then I certainly see no reason why there couldn't be an entity in your home. In fact, I'd say there is most definitely something going on, especially with the war history you mentioned.

Another reason why I'm intrigued by your story is because my cousin has also seen a shadowy figure. In her case, though, it was coming after her (which is not good--LOL!).

You also mentioned possible doppelgangers. I've heard about people seeing sleeping people walking about their homes. However, you mentioned you were awake when your wife saw the other you walking down the hall. I'm not sure what that means. Did she see the figure's features, or did she see a shadowy person and assume it was you?

Any villagers out there have any ideas?
J.E. SeanachaíAuthor of the ghostly book, Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family

#3 dalejrfan71

dalejrfan71

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

My wife had a good look at the figure. She said that the figure looked like me, it had the same body type, hair colour and the way I walked. Part of me wants to try to get an evp, but I'm scared of what I might hear. I was in the bathroom once when I heard people talking in the living room. I went to see who was talking and there wasn't anyone there, my wife was at work at the time.

Is it a good idea for me to try collect evp's or should I leave well enough alone? In the old apartment my wife lived in she once heard her named called at night. Another time she was laying down on the couch in the living room when she heard a voice say "hey you". She found out that someone had died in that apartment before she moved in.

What do the other villagers think?

#4 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

Its very possible that you have an entity in your place.Its said that many times, they take on the appearance of the home owner, maybe for attention. In any case, it seems harmless so you have 2 choices. You can co-exist with it, or ask it to leave. You are correct NOT to do EVP's as that feeds them and they become much more active. Maybe kindly ask it to leave and move on, its bothering you. Keep us posted...

#5 dalejrfan71

dalejrfan71

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:24 AM

I don't feel threatened by who or what is here. I have noticed little stuff like my bottle of pain killers disappears then when I look for it again, it's right where I had left it before. Even my cat doesn't feel threatened,

#6 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:13 AM

Well, I certainly wouldn't do anything to encourage whatever it is. If it's bothering you, you may want to tell it to leave. That's what I would do, anyway.
J.E. SeanachaíAuthor of the ghostly book, Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family

#7 dalejrfan71

dalejrfan71

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:52 AM

I don't really feel threatened by whatever is hear. I do have a healthy respect for the dead and the living also. I don't antagonize whatever is in my apartment. The last thing I need is to wake up and see a figure standing at the foot of my bed. A neighbor who lives in my building said to use a ouija board to make contact. Obviously I know better than to stir the pot and get the crap scared out of me.

#8 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

I don't really feel threatened by whatever is hear. I do have a healthy respect for the dead and the living also. I don't antagonize whatever is in my apartment. The last thing I need is to wake up and see a figure standing at the foot of my bed. A neighbor who lives in my building said to use a ouija board to make contact. Obviously I know better than to stir the pot and get the crap scared out of me.

i hear ya on that bro. the guys at paranormal state don't recommend the ouija or the evp deal; asking it to leave would probably be good. a lady died in the house i live in; my husband has seen her; i have heard her and i've asked her to leave and she does for awhile but comes back and i ask her to leave again.
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#9 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

I wouldn't come right out and say the place is "haunted" quite yet. Although it could be a possible source of paranormal activity. Sit down and think, how often does this activity happen? Also, are there any other apartments connected to yours? Or near it? You may want to check in with your neighbors to see if they have experienced anything. Also, check in with your local historic society and/or library to find the history of the place. Other than that, if the spirit isn't malevolent, or scaring you for that matter, I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a friendly spirit roaming around, what's wrong with that? A little extra company never hurts, unless its scaring the crap out of you obviously. On the other hand, if the spirit does seem to have bad intentions, you may want to contact a local group to come check the place out. Otherwise, I hope everything goes well in your apartment!

Maili

P.S. If this information was completely unhelpful, sorry about that.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you don’t believe it’s true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#10 dalejrfan71

dalejrfan71

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

I've talked to some of my neighbors who live in the same building as me. Some of them have also had paranormal activities. If there is something here on the ghostly persuasion I'm not scared at all. If anything it proves that there is life after death.

#11 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:50 AM

If anything it proves that there is life after death.

Good point!

#12 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

My wife and I have been living in this peticular for almost 5 years now. In the past 4.5 years of living here I have seen things out of the corner of my eye. I have been sitting at the computer surfing the net and I have either been tapped on my head or on my back. When this happens I turn around to see what did this and there's nothing behind me.

I have heard footsteps coming down the hall. One morning about 3 years ago My wife woke up and thought she saw me walking down the hall and go into the bathroom. She called out to me asking when I was going to be finished in the bathroom. I told her that I was in the kitchen making us breakfast when she saw "me" walking down the hall.

Another time I was making my wife breakfast before she had to go to work. While I was making her breakfast I saw an orange tabby cat run by the kitchen which is interesting because we have a gray tabby cat. I've watched my cat follow something around with her eyes.

One night I was walking out of the bathroom and saw a shadow person in the corner. My cat saw it as well and she hissed at it. The apartment building my wife and I live in is approximately 35 to 40 yrs old. Plus there is a creek that runs under the building.

I live in Grimsby, Ontario Canada, which is the Niagara region of Ontario. Part of the war of 1812 was fought in this region. Not to mention how many people have died in this building over the past 40 yrs. Is my apartment haunted or is this my imagination?

What do you think?

Sounds like maybe you got the real deal.

SeekX :yawn:

#13 Kittie Danger

Kittie Danger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

I think my apt is haunted as well. I've heard footsteps on the carpet surrounding the bed late at night, I know it's not one of the cats as they are in bed w/me, my cats play w/something/someone that I can't see. I've felt that this is a little boy spirit, my neighbor across the hall has had the same feelings & experiences. He plays w/both of our cats & my neighbor thinks that he was alerted by Timmy (somehow this is the name that we came up w/for him) as to neighbor's brother in law passing from cancer. I've dreamt of this kid coming out of my closet & while I was in bed I could "remotely" follow him through the apt & see him leave by the way of the front door. Neat. My husband is not a believer, & when I was telling him of our experiences, my husband said "there is no such thing as ghosts..." a spoon fell out of the dish drainer next to the sink & it had such force it clanked around in there a few times. He ignored it. I think it freaked him out.

#14 dalejrfan71

dalejrfan71

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:29 AM

I have always believed in ghosts my whole life. I don't know why people are scared of the unknown such as ghosts. I personally think that ghosts prove that there is life after death. I know a lot of people who are scared of death, they think that you die and thats it. I believe that when you die, it's only a physical death and that you're spirit lives on.

#15 Kittie Danger

Kittie Danger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

I know, I've always liked the saying, "ghosts were people too"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users