Home from the beach

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Well folks, I'm off to visit my dad for a few days at the beach! I need this so badly, and hopefully I'll be able to clear my head and put everything into perspective while listening to the waves crash gently on the shore. I'll be packing up the 3 doggies, (thanks dad for letting me bring them!), my bathing suits, beach chair, sunblock, a couple of books, and a few changes of clothes. It' only a 4 hour ride with stops for the puppies to....ahem.... and to grab a coffee at Dunkin Donuts to keep me awake, so my ETA is between 3 and 4 PM. I did my laundry, but I didn't pack yet. Last minute everything with me these days!

Please wish me luck and a favorable resolution to my current troubles. I'll "see" you all early next week.

I embark on this trip with love and everlasting gratitude to everyone who has been praying for me this last week, you've kept me afloat (pun intended).

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,206 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

Good luck Kira............. the nature is calling me too, so off i go to the ocean and riverside for today.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

Being conceited??!! After all these years of taking care of everyone else, it's your turn now! I just wish I were going with you! I grew up in Connecticut, always just a few minutes from the beach. I even went when no one was there, just to sit on the rocks and enjoy the smells and sounds.
Have a good visit with your Dad. I know you'll come back re-newed! Just something about the ocean to clear the head and wash away the negative cobwebs.
HUGS!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:01 AM

~Oh sweety, you have yourself one heck of a good time!!! I can't wait to see what good it did....and believe you-me, it will do sooo much good to just be able to get away from everything & clear your head. No need to thank us......this, my dear, is what family is for. Just have a great time & we'll see you when you get back. Take pics!!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#5 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

Hi Kira!!
Have fun at the beach.... and good luck!!

:D

Flor
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#6 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

Have fun, Kira.... the beach is healing for the body, mind and soul....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#7 AngelRose

AngelRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:22 AM

Are you going to stop and pick me up? I'll be ready. LOL

Sitting on the beach sounds so awesome right now. Wish I could stowaway in ur bag.

I hope you have a wonderful time. You deserve it.

Blessings,
Angie
Posted Image

#8 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

Good morning, everyone, well I'm finally packed and ready to so, yes a little late. Actually, was waiting for the mail which sometimes comes at 11. I'm expecting a check, but I talked to my daughter and she's going to deposit it for me. Just called dad and he's ready for my arrival and promised me lobster bisque and steamed lobsters for dinner tonight, then tomorrow we'll take a trip into Provincetown and do a little food shopping. I'll go into town later by myself to shop, visit old friends, and of course walk out to the end of MacMillan Wharf. Oh and there's a coffe shop called the Wired Puppy that has wireless internet access, (I have a t-shirt and a mug i bought last winter) so I may give an update!. I'm not sure if I'm going to visit my ex-mother-in-law. Sticky..............but if I run into her it will be fine and we'll catch up.

Angel, I'll be there in 3 hours, don't forget the sunblock and a great book! LOL

Love,
Kira

PS: I'm sure I over-packed. I even brought all my crystals thinking that it will be good to cleanse them in real salt water and let them recharge in the sun. Ok, that's really it, I'm off! Bon Voyage.

#9 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

have fun!

#10 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

Have a fun and relaxing time Kira. :explode:
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#11 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:54 PM

I'm a little late, but I hope you have a great time!

#12 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

Hi Amy,

I hope you have a wonderful, healing time with your dad! You deserve a nice little break, here, to re-group and re-focus. So proud of you! Have a great time. :clap:

The ocean has always been the most healing place for me. My favorite spot is the ocean at Seal Rocks near San Francisco. I went there during a troubling time in my life and watched the seals clinging to the rocks - very poignant moment. The ocean always puts everything in perspective.

My best to you, :clap:
Amanda

#13 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

Hello GV Family,

I'm back from my visit with my dad at the beach. I did a lot of crying, a lot of soul searching, made some great decisions, but I didn't get a tan.

To begin, there was only one beach day while I was at The Cape. I think my higher power had a hand in that because what I really needed to was to talk to my dad, and I'm not one to talk openly on the beach with lots of people around. Strange as that seems as I am so open here, but actually having people listen to my conversations is not something I invite. So we spent our time at the beach house with dad listening and offering amazing advice and insight, while I cried, listened, cried, talked, cried, cried and cried some more. My dad, as I may have mentioned previously is a retired professor of social work. The golden rule as he puts it is, "one should never social work his own children." However, in this case it was badly needed and he's an excellent therapist. Not 100% objective, as I am his daughter, but pretty close! We made lots of progress.

We covered all the topics, my career, my house, my debt, my divorce, and the most difficult perhaps for both of us, my mother, who is his ex-wife.

Career: For a myriad of reasons I've decided teaching is not for me. It's been difficult for me since I began as a teacher's aide in 1998, Connecticut is saturated with history teachers, there are usually a minimum of 50 applicants for every one opening in the state. The fact that I actually got 3 interviews and 2 callbacks is a miracle. But I didn't get the jobs and there are reasons that I will keep private. Suffice it to say that the teaching community is very small and word of mouth is everything. I made some mistakes a few years ago, and while not officially in my record; there are rumors, nothing selacious. So when I asked my guides what career path I should choose, I kept hearing law. And I remembered that whenever anyone asked me if I could do it all over again what would I do, I always said I wished I had gone to law school after I got my BA. Well, I can't go to law school at this point, so I've decided to get my paralegal certificate. I emailed with my attorney on Monday, who told me that with my education and background in teaching history and government, I will be very high on many of the law firms recruiting lists once I get the certificate. The starting salary is not as high as I was making before, but I'll catch up in a few years. The course begins at the end of September and ends in mid December. It meets every other weekend from 9-5 both days, the price is right, and it is only a 13 mile drive door to door. I checked the classified ads in Sunday's paper and there are lots of openings for paralegals in law firms and businesses. In the meantime, I can work at anything I choose that doesn't involve weekends to make ends meet.

My house and debt: He's going to help me until I get on my feet. I told him the whole (well almost) ugly truth of it, and he shared with me that a few years back when my brother was in a similar situation with a mortgage and a new wife, he carried him through, so of course he will do it for me. I was unaware of how much he's actually $$$helped$$$ my brother. I cried of course out of gratitude and shame. I feel that I brought most of this on myself by making BAD decisions, but he didn't care; he just said he wants to help and couldn't live with himself if he didn't. I will never be able to thank him enough. It'll be tight and I'm not out of the woods, but I don't have to sell my home, get a roommate, or sell off my furniture peice by peice as I was imagining. What a huge relief!!!!

Divorce: Well, he despises my ex-husband anyway and puts all the blame on him. While I agree that marriage #2 was a HUGE mistake, I can't hold on to resentments and anger like he wants me to. What's done is done, and I have to pick up the peices and move on. Most of all I have to learn from this experience and 1) NEVER take him back under any circumstances, 2) NEVER get into a relationship again with a man who doesn't work, among other problems 3) Take responsibility for my actions as well. But I do know that hanging on to anger, resentments and judging others will only hurt my spirit in the long run and nothing good will come of it for my life. Dad isn't spiritual in that sense and doesn't see it.

Last, but certainly not least, Mother: She left a path of destruction in her wake. She devestated him, hurt her children and is basically just a mean, scared old woman who has never had the courage to go to therapy and work out her childhood ordeals. I have a lot of anger towards her at the moment and I'm not ready to deal with those emotions yet. But, when the time is right I will, just not now.

So I think I've written enough. I know many of you were thinking of me and praying for me and I can't tell you how much it has helped knowing and feeling your support.

I'm going to be ok!

Love,
Kira

Love,
Kira

#14 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

Sounds AWESOME!!!

Glad things went well for you and they will get better!

Been down that road myself...and it does....eventually...lol.

Hang in there like the rest of us and life will keep us going!

Hugs,
Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#15 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

you WILL be ok!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users