• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Kellerz

Kellerz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:14 AM

I've been there loads of times, i'm a born and bred 'Londoner' so it was in easy reach to visit :) i always feel chills down my spine, or other feelings when i am there. I now live in Chester up north which is Also full of history, we still have the city walls which were first built when the city was a Romn fort, theres even a few patches of the original Roman wall, though most has been rebuilt in later centuries. Theres also a small ampitheatre.
Hide me from me, fill these holes with eyes for mine are not mine. Hide my head and need, for i am no good, so dead in life, so much time. (Stan Rice 'Cannibal')Just call me Mrs Willard

#32 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:36 PM

I would love to spend the night at Hampton Court. Jeff, have you been to Hampton Court and did you experience anything there?

#33 ghostseeker

ghostseeker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:i work in the healthcare field but my interests have been in the paranormal for quite awhile now. my husband is also interested so we like to investigate things together.

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:36 PM

Jeff, I loved your pictures. I always thought it would be great to visit there. I would also love to visit Greyfriar's cemetery in scotland.
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=14]just smiles and giggles

#34 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 10:51 AM

Annalisa, I've never been to Hampton Court. I'll have to save that one for another trip.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#35 arawa

arawa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:59 AM

Hampton Court, to me is VASTLY more "hauntes" to my feelings anyway) the the Tower. I grew up only a few miles from Hampton Court, so it was always a good place to go for a summer afternoon - the grounds are huge, and free to enter, so we were always there.

There is one place in particular that always downright scared me when I was a kid - the Tudor Kitchens. Nothing to do with the way they were set up for visitors, more one corner that I always REFUSED to walk into. The other place that scared the heck out of me as a child there was King Henry VIII's apartments, with the chapel as the focal point of that area.

Thay actually do lanternlight tours of the inside of the castle at night with costumed guides - my mother assures me they're the best way to see the castle, although I never forked the money out for those :(

So yes, Jeff! Next time you're over - GO! It's an amazing place.

#36 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:03 AM

I've been there loads of times, i'm a born and bred 'Londoner' so it was in easy reach to visit :lol: i always feel chills down my spine, or other feelings when i am there. I now live in Chester up north which is Also full of history, we still have the city walls which were first built when the city was a Romn fort, theres even a few patches of the original Roman wall, though most has been rebuilt in later centuries. Theres also a small ampitheatre.

hi, just read you live in Chester, im down the road in Liverpool and yes Chester is full of history and hauntings, what a beautiful and interesting place to live. You need to try York as well steeped in history and hauntings.
I LOVE U ALL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users