Books in Hardcover?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nosferatuscreams

Nosferatuscreams

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:45 AM

Hi, I've just discovered this site and your books and was wondering if your books come in a hardcover edition, or if they've always been paperback?

Thanks!

#2 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

Hi, the four books I have out so far have always been paperback.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#3 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:03 PM

I love books in hardcover. I don't know much more it costs to produce though. The books last longer and take to being squeezed into a bookshelf easier. I also think that they will be around for a lot longer for the next generation to read. I often stop at garage sales to see if I can pick up any old old books. I have a few from around the beginning of the century with their lovely embossed covers. Everything seems to be disposable these days. Its a shame. How are our great grandkids going to read about our beliefs in the afterlife and how we thought now if there is nothing for them to refer to.
I know this is getting off the topic a little but I even wonder how anything is going to last into the next century. We dont make anything to last anymore :lol:

#4 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:24 PM

I like hardcover books but I don't like book covers. I like the look of the book itself under the cover. As for paperbacks I'd have to say that I like them equally as well. They're easier to hold with one hand!
Whether hard or soft cover, it's annoying when they don't bind them properly, and the whole book comes apart on ya. Although the old glue does taste good.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users