• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FallenAngel

FallenAngel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

My mom believe in ghosts to s certain extent. She believes they are only present if they die in a house. I am a sensitive and feel them in our house all the time, but it was bought new so nobody died in it. Since I was little ( and my gift scared me) I use to always run to my mom and tell her, but I got the same look ( you know, the " Your out of your mind" look) and she would always tell me that no one has died, there is no ghost. And act like I was the craziest person alive. So I stopped telling her, I hated when people didnt believe me. I started dealing with it on my own and just make up something when I was scared.

Now I am alot older and more in control. I have learned alot and lost alot of fear. I have a much better understanding of what I am feeling and why I am feeling it. But my mom still belives. Now if you have read my haunter horse trailer story, you probably know why I want to tell my mom more than ever. Our horses lives are possibly at stake and I want her to know there is a negative presence in it, but today I tryed telling her and she even told me flat out I was weird. And looked at me like I was phyco and then went on with her business.

I have no idea how to make her believe. I really want to share with her what I can do, and what I feel, but I cant take the strange looks and the name calling. Since I was young I have been trying to get her to understand, but she remains unbelieving.

So I think maybe yall can help me. Does anyone have any ideas that migth make my mom believe me?

#2 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

You could always hold a seance and hope to make contact with a spirit, that'll sure get her attention. Or you could try and find a paranormal investigative group in your area and ask them to check out that horse trailer. What state/area do you live? I'm sure we could find a group somewhere that could help you.

Edited by jakob493, 21 May 2006 - 07:59 PM.

#3 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

If your mom is anything like my mom was when I was a teenager, she won't believe anything until she experiences it herself. It will be hard but try to keep calm, your horses might sense it if you are nervous and may act strange and could cause injury to themselves. Keep us informed of anything else that happens.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#4 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

I have maybe an idea....

Since I am a parent who has gifted children, maybe she would listen to me and my experiences in dealing with my own children. Perhaps bringing her into this site and showing her some of the things that do go on and that people are here helping and sharing in their experiences.

There is a lot to take in. Talk to her about if she has had anything like this when she was young. Many gifts are passed down and there are those who are brought up in different ways of thinking so they put it aside and close the doors on their own gifts.
She may have her own fears of it, so this is how she deals with it...shut if off sort of thing. Her own protective barrier for you and herself.

I never spoke to my mother of my gifts until my children were dealing with so much of their own. She then finally began to tell me things of her own and her father's. Some people just have a hard time understanding, most are taught not to believe.

Try little by little with her, show her things, tell her things and be very sensitive to her reactions and responses with you. Be serious, not excited or upset and be calm with her. Make it like a normal conversation topic. Try to get her to open up as to why she feels the way she does about this.

Give it time. I hope I made sense with all this. Keep in touch, I want to know how your doing!

:ghost:
Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#5 FallenAngel

FallenAngel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:32 PM

I have maybe an idea....

Since I am a parent who has gifted children, maybe she would listen to me and my experiences in dealing with my own children. Perhaps bringing her into this site and showing her some of the things that do go on and that people are here helping and sharing in their experiences.

There is a lot to take in. Talk to her about if she has had anything like this when she was young. Many gifts are passed down and there are those who are brought up in different ways of thinking so they put it aside and close the doors on their own gifts.
She may have her own fears of it, so this is how she deals with it...shut if off sort of thing. Her own protective barrier for you and herself.

I never spoke to my mother of my gifts until my children were dealing with so much of their own. She then finally began to tell me things of her own and her father's. Some people just have a hard time understanding, most are taught not to believe.

Try little by little with her, show her things, tell her things and be very sensitive to her reactions and responses with you. Be serious, not excited or upset and be calm with her. Make it like a normal conversation topic. Try to get her to open up as to why she feels the way she does about this.

Give it time. I hope I made sense with all this. Keep in touch, I want to know how your doing!

:ghost:
Leslie

Thank you. I am going to try. For a while since I have found this site, I have been hiding it from her and clicking off of it when she starts to come to my room. But I hink if she walks in on me one day, I am going to stop turning it off and let her see what I am doing then try to explain it to her. Maybe let her read some of your posts. She is a very stuburn woman ( thats where I get it) and it wil take some cold hard experience for her to believe me.

Which you are right, she could have put it aside and closed the door on it when she was younger. It might take a while to get it out though, if she knows about it, she is super good at hiding it.

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:34 PM

First of all...you can't make her believe diffferently...they have to have an experience for themselves. You should explain to her that just because a house is new, it doesn't mean that it isn't haunted. A ghost can be attached to people in the home, an object within the home or the land itself. Nobody has to die in a house for it to be haunted. All you can do is present evidence and let her make up her own mind. Eventually, she will come around most likely.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 FallenAngel

FallenAngel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

Bad thing is she is never around to experience anything. I am always the only one to see stuff happen. Like sometimes they will turn down the volume on my radio, tryed to tell her about that, nothing. I hear footsteps, talking, they touch me, but still when I tell her, she thinks I have gone wacko. I wish they would present themselves to her for a change and leave me alone for a while. There are so many different spirits at different times, you would think at least one would do something in front ofher, but nope.

There are times when they are even in the same room with her because I can feel them, but they wont ever do anything till she is gone and I am alone. Weird huh, I noticed this pattern a long time ago and it still holds true today.

#8 DarkAngel321

DarkAngel321

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Big cats. Tigers mainly. Riding and art.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:54 AM

Oh boy, do i know how it feels to have your mum not believing you.
The thing is your mum could actually be believing you, she just does not know how to react, she cant sit there paniking going OMG what do we do? Couse that would worry you as well.
When i told my mum she said i was talking rubbish.
It was only a few months ago (after all the spooky stuff had stopped) did she say she believed me all along, just did not know how to handle it.

"Your signature does not meet with GV standards. You have been sent a PM asking to change it. Since you have not, it has been removed."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users