Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

has anyone else lived in a haunted home?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

Several years ago my family was rehabbing homes as a side line. We'd buy a fixer upper, live in it and remodel it, then sell and buy the next one. I never believed in the supernatural and was a strong Catholic. The house was a 100 year old farmhouse. We got it for a small price because the elderly owners family wanted her out quickly. Her husband and daughter had recently died in the house and they thought she was losing her mind. We never thought that the old ladies problem was a haunting. We had no problems in the house the first few weeks. It didn't start until we started to pull down interior walls and replace rotten floors. We experienced footsteps on the 2nd floor at first, then lights and the tv would turn on and off by themselves. For example we'd go to dinner and find all the lights on when we returned. Our pets always refused to go to the 2nd floor. My cat would stand at the stairs with her back raised and hiss at the air. My mom was alone in the house and saw a black figure on the 2nd floor during early evening one night and at another time saw drapes rise up several feet and drop. She refused to be in the house alone. Things like keys and rings would go missing then be found in odd places like in the refrig. A friend who is a nurse saw the front door deadbolt turn and then the door open slowly. A radio and a doll turned themselves on in the middle of the night. We had 2 different repairmen experience odd feelings that they were being watched and one man told me he felt touched while working in the attic on the wiring. We had the house rewired because we thought the electical malfunctions were from old wiring. They continued with new wiring. I had 3 different priests come bless the house over 2 years. It would go away for a few weeks then begin again. During the one blessing it sounded like someone was throwing rocks on the roof yet we found no rocks or person outside. The wierdest thing that happened was in late November. Late one night my husband was working in the dining room by a large window and a hugh dragonfly was hitting the window. He was a boy scout leader and we had a bugnet so he went out and caught it. He called the farm extension office and they said it was nearly impossible for it to be still alive in our very northern climate. A religious friend told me to put holy water on anything that seemed wierd and bury it so I did. At first it was frightening but when for example I'd hear the footsteps and I was alone in the house I'd ask it to stop because it frightened me and it would stop. We researched the house and found that a child had died in the well and that a man in the early 1900s had taken his life. I told my realtor when I sold the house our experiences and she acted like I was a loon. It sold quickly and years later it burned and a new house is on the lot. Has anyone else experienced a haunting?

#2 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

WOW Thanks for sharing your story. I have lived in 3 different haunted houses until I realized the houses weren't haunted, I am. So does me no good to move. What kind of spirit does it feel like, male, female, malicious, protective etc? I would say its possible the little girl and the man who took his own life, may be stuck there or want to be there. How was this "man" connected to the little girl, he Daddy or her killer? You could also try burning sage and go thru the house making sure NOTHING bad comes in, its your home. You can also try Virgin Olive Oil and place it all around the thresholds, so they cannot get thru. Many good and not so good entities dont like Sage, and the Olive Oil is a religious ritual. Lastly if this becomes TOO intesense for anyone in the family its safe to recite St. Michael's prayer EVERY night before bed, so that nothing evil can sneak in and may the human spirits might move on. Has anyone been injured or harmed, have you ever witnessed anything, and what was it doing? The to the rational side, I would have someone or you yourself, check out the EMF fields in certain rooms, because there may be a natural cause for this, and it can cause auditory and visual effects and physical such as vertigo, nausea..etc..Please keep us posted and if you could shoot a pic and share it, that just might help. Everyone has a different level of understanding spirits, some coexist, I do, and others cannot take it so take futher steps. Lastly maybe get a PI team out there to possibly indentify the spirits..Good Luck..CE

#3 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

I lived in this house several years ago. I used the prayer of St Micheal, holy water and by talking to it. At one point, this is hard to explain, I heard the name Bill so we called the spirit Bill. Some of the event like toys being moved were childlike so I thought the man and child who had died there were still there. I also put crucifixes above all doorways. We had the electricity rewired and a new circuit box put in because we thought it might be all electrical but the electrician said it was fine even before it was rewired. In our present house our house alarm will occasionally click like it does when a door is opened or go on by itself and we've had it checked too and its fine. We just blame Bill for wanting alittle attention.

#4 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

I lived in this house several years ago. I used the prayer of St Micheal, holy water and by talking to it. At one point, this is hard to explain, I heard the name Bill so we called the spirit Bill. Some of the event like toys being moved were childlike so I thought the man and child who had died there were still there. I also put crucifixes above all doorways. We had the electricity rewired and a new circuit box put in because we thought it might be all electrical but the electrician said it was fine even before it was rewired. In our present house our house alarm will occasionally click like it does when a door is opened or go on by itself and we've had it checked too and its fine. We just blame Bill for wanting alittle attention.

Great story, can you tell us what you know about "Bill?" Thanks ce :hug:

#5 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

[quote name='CrystalEyz' post='516300' date='Apr 20 2009, 05:10 PM'

Great story, can you tell us what you know about "Bill?" Thanks ce Whirly Dude
[/quote]

I brought an old dresser from that house into this one. This will sound odd but I had not planned to bring it. It seemed to want to be brought. I know that sounds silly. It had been in the house when we moved in and I think I brought some of the energy with us. Yet it is a feeling of protection. It isn't frightening. The dresser is in a guest bedroom on the 2nd floor and we rarely use the room. One friend who stayed there felt she was being watched. I also feel like that sometimes but it's not a negative feeling. Our friend knew nothing of our spook history and I didn't share. We are in careers where we cannot discuss this with colleagues. I have a blessed crucifix and rosary in the room, and a priest told us evil could not stand the crucifix. We are mature adults and have come to believe that this spirit simply wishes to be a part of our family. I do have the house blessed every few years. The man who had died in the previous house was a schoolteacher and maybe he wishes to still be around. I never believed any of this was at all possible until we experienced it.

Edited by Redhead, 22 April 2009 - 11:10 AM.

#6 Kimberly8

Kimberly8

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

My parents have lived in the same house since 1976. Upon beginning renovations to the house weird things started happening. My father would smell a strong scent of perfume on occasion. They also encountered a strong smell of freshly blown out candles (very strong). There were loud crashes heard on the roof and the sound of an entire shelf in the kitchen falling down and upon rushing to see what happened nothing would be out of place. The crashes on the roof were so loud they would vibrate the glass on the windows. An old fashioned record player turned on by itself right in front of my parents while they were in the living room watching tv. One evening after my father fixed himself a snack and was walking back out to the living room he claims he was lifted up in the air and slammed down on the floor once then picked up again and slammed to the floor on the other side of his body. My father ended up breaking ribs from the fall. The family cat would always leap over the area where this fall occured. Being very alarmed they contacted a paranormal investigative team. The group came to the house and collected evidence of orbs and several EVPs. There is a strong presence of a male spirit in the basement and both male and female voices were picked up. The group has been to the house a total of three times now. My boyfriend and I witnessed the last investigation as we have since moved in after my father passed away last year. I was getting ready to go to sleep one night in my old bedroom as a child and I heard a loud CRASH on the roof. I leaped out of bed in a panic thinking a tree or SOMETHING had fallen on the roof. I expected to see neighbors lights on outside because it was so loud. The glass of the window vibrated. I ran outside only to find NOTHING! I finally heard what my dad had been talking about all those years. I came back in and woke my mom up to ask her if she heard it. Her room was right next to mine and couldn't believe when she replied that she did not. My boyfriend WAS the biggest skeptic I knew until he moved into the room down in the basement. He has experienced items disappearing. Almost every night he wakes up at 1:11 or 2:22 or 3:33 or 4:44...etc. Even during the day it seems every time he tends to look at the clock it reads all the same digits and it freaks him out. He has an overall sense of a presence down there. He found a Ouji board (that used to belong to my brother) and immediately burned it! We experience electrical problems and I sense and recognize an overall feeling of being watched and tension between us all in the house. We have had the house cleansed by the paranormal team and they even left sage behind for me to do it myself. Afterwards it seemed to have worked but it didn't last for long. I'd say a few weeks. Well that's my story. It feels good to get it off of my chest. I wish you luck and all those who may read this the same. Take care!
Kimberly

#7 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

Hi Kimberly

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like the renovations stirred up something. That's often the case. Cleansings, as you found, don't always last.... have you tried getting EVP's? Asking who's there and why?

The damage done to your late father shows some hostility... so stay as safe as you can.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#8 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

wow kim, your story is a little freaky to me lol, i would be scared to be in that house

be careful with that hostil spirit, and hopefully it doesnt harm any one else.

:lol:

#9 Etherealgirl

Etherealgirl

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

Several years ago my family was rehabbing homes as a side line. We'd buy a fixer upper, live in it and remodel it, then sell and buy the next one. I never believed in the supernatural and was a strong Catholic. The house was a 100 year old farmhouse. We got it for a small price because the elderly owners family wanted her out quickly. Her husband and daughter had recently died in the house and they thought she was losing her mind. We never thought that the old ladies problem was a haunting. We had no problems in the house the first few weeks. It didn't start until we started to pull down interior walls and replace rotten floors. We experienced footsteps on the 2nd floor at first, then lights and the tv would turn on and off by themselves. For example we'd go to dinner and find all the lights on when we returned. Our pets always refused to go to the 2nd floor. My cat would stand at the stairs with her back raised and hiss at the air. My mom was alone in the house and saw a black figure on the 2nd floor during early evening one night and at another time saw drapes rise up several feet and drop. She refused to be in the house alone. Things like keys and rings would go missing then be found in odd places like in the refrig. A friend who is a nurse saw the front door deadbolt turn and then the door open slowly. A radio and a doll turned themselves on in the middle of the night. We had 2 different repairmen experience odd feelings that they were being watched and one man told me he felt touched while working in the attic on the wiring. We had the house rewired because we thought the electical malfunctions were from old wiring. They continued with new wiring. I had 3 different priests come bless the house over 2 years. It would go away for a few weeks then begin again. During the one blessing it sounded like someone was throwing rocks on the roof yet we found no rocks or person outside. The wierdest thing that happened was in late November. Late one night my husband was working in the dining room by a large window and a hugh dragonfly was hitting the window. He was a boy scout leader and we had a bugnet so he went out and caught it. He called the farm extension office and they said it was nearly impossible for it to be still alive in our very northern climate. A religious friend told me to put holy water on anything that seemed wierd and bury it so I did. At first it was frightening but when for example I'd hear the footsteps and I was alone in the house I'd ask it to stop because it frightened me and it would stop. We researched the house and found that a child had died in the well and that a man in the early 1900s had taken his life. I told my realtor when I sold the house our experiences and she acted like I was a loon. It sold quickly and years later it burned and a new house is on the lot. Has anyone else experienced a haunting?

LillyCat, I love your name! I have a sweet kitty named Lily.

I could fill this forum with a story of a haunted house I lived in as a child. but since I am new and slowing wading into the waters of the forum I will just tell you about a piece of haunted furniture I own.

It's an old china cabinet that I bought to use for books. I found it an this creepy looking antique store when I first moved out on my own. The cabinet was way in back of the store, and covered with junk that had been sitting there for years.

In fact, the owner of the store didn't want to sell it because he would have to move all the stuff on top and inside of it. I finally talked him into it and brought it home. I didn't notice when I bought it that the back was sort of buckled and the wood had these melted looking spots on it.

I only paid a small amount for it so that didn't matter because the visible part was in okay shape and the inside was perfect for books.

I cleaned and polished it all up and put it at the top of the stairs, filled it will books and forgot about it.

Until one night...

My (now passed away) kitty Pooh Bear took to standing at the bottom of the stairs howling. It wasn't an ordinary cat type sound and was truly bizarre. I didn't think much of it at first, any of you who have cats know they are liable to do anything so I just accepted it along with the rest of his antics.

Until I saw 'it'...

I was curled up reading on the sofa downstairs and caught a glimpse of something white in the corner of my eye...being who I am and what I have seen in my fairly short life..I took it with a grain of salt and accepted it.

Poor Bear wasn't as accepting...

He drove me slowly insane sitting at the bottom of those stairs yowling and staring at the cabinet. Occasionally the little spirit would float down at him and he would go completely bonkers and tear though and across anything in his path while fleeing the spirit. One of those things happened to be me one night when he knocked me down the stairs by knocking my feet from under me and breaking my hand.

I finally gave him to a friend that had begged me for years to let her have him. He was completely miserable living with me and the cabinet (which I was not getting rid of). Plus I had another, older cat that he hated so I knew he would be happier with my friend.

The spirit has gone on now, I found out the cabinet was in a fire and the buckling on the back was scorching. A child died in that fire, not immediately but 2 weeks after due to pneumonia. She lived with me for several years, then she was 'gone'. Months passed before I even realized she wasn't there any more, and I haven't seen a sign of her in 6 years now.

If any of you have ever lived with a spirit then you know sometimes it's not a negative experience and I actually miss her, although I am happy she has finally gone 'home'.
Posted Image~MySpace"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~Sarah Williams.

#10 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

Pretty compelling acounts Egirl. You apparently did the right thing for your cat and for everyone involved. CE :explode:

#11 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

Wow Egirl. Pretty cool story. Sounds like you handled it like an expert.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#12 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

LillyCat, I love your name! I have a sweet kitty named Lily.

I could fill this forum with a story of a haunted house I lived in as a child. but since I am new and slowing wading into the waters of the forum I will just tell you about a piece of haunted furniture I own.

It's an old china cabinet that I bought to use for books. I found it an this creepy looking antique store when I first moved out on my own. The cabinet was way in back of the store, and covered with junk that had been sitting there for years.

In fact, the owner of the store didn't want to sell it because he would have to move all the stuff on top and inside of it. I finally talked him into it and brought it home. I didn't notice when I bought it that the back was sort of buckled and the wood had these melted looking spots on it.

I only paid a small amount for it so that didn't matter because the visible part was in okay shape and the inside was perfect for books.

I cleaned and polished it all up and put it at the top of the stairs, filled it will books and forgot about it.

Until one night...

My (now passed away) kitty Pooh Bear took to standing at the bottom of the stairs howling. It wasn't an ordinary cat type sound and was truly bizarre. I didn't think much of it at first, any of you who have cats know they are liable to do anything so I just accepted it along with the rest of his antics.

Until I saw 'it'...

I was curled up reading on the sofa downstairs and caught a glimpse of something white in the corner of my eye...being who I am and what I have seen in my fairly short life..I took it with a grain of salt and accepted it.

Poor Bear wasn't as accepting...

He drove me slowly insane sitting at the bottom of those stairs yowling and staring at the cabinet. Occasionally the little spirit would float down at him and he would go completely bonkers and tear though and across anything in his path while fleeing the spirit. One of those things happened to be me one night when he knocked me down the stairs by knocking my feet from under me and breaking my hand.

I finally gave him to a friend that had begged me for years to let her have him. He was completely miserable living with me and the cabinet (which I was not getting rid of). Plus I had another, older cat that he hated so I knew he would be happier with my friend.

The spirit has gone on now, I found out the cabinet was in a fire and the buckling on the back was scorching. A child died in that fire, not immediately but 2 weeks after due to pneumonia. She lived with me for several years, then she was 'gone'. Months passed before I even realized she wasn't there any more, and I haven't seen a sign of her in 6 years now.

If any of you have ever lived with a spirit then you know sometimes it's not a negative experience and I actually miss her, although I am happy she has finally gone 'home'.

#13 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

Wow Egirl. Pretty cool story. Sounds like you handled it like an expert.

Hey Egirl I have a siamese named Lilly and my son penned my nickname. I understand how you felt about the piece of furniture. A spirit can be frightening or at times even comforting yet you want them to find their own peace and move on.

#14 Neko

Neko

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Photography, Warhammer 40k, helping as much people as I can.

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:15 AM

For myself, I wouldn't say "haunted" per se.

I live in a house that was build around 1930, I used to have the attic (very small though) as my play space, started there as a youngling with lego's ;)

Anyways, a few years ago I decided to renovate the attic seeing it was old, cold unappealing and the support beams were in a very bad shape. The entire roof was removed and renewed and around that time I started to see a drastic increase in shadow beings. I have always noticed some shadowy figures around the place, but during the renovation the place was crawling, all sizes and shapes, I felt very uneasy and pretty scared which in turn fed these things as it were and at times I was literally surrounded.

After some searching and consulting people I know that are into the paranormal I received the advice to clearly state the purpose of the renovation to the presence that was and to place some sage around the attic. Then things started to cool down and it seemed that the place was going back to a state of rest.

The only occurance I've had there since the renovation was that I felt a presence standing behind me in the room while I was on the computer. The wooden floor makes some occasional creaking noise when standing in several places. One of them is in the corner behind me, one night I felt the floor move a litte and heard the creaking sound just as someone was standing there. The hairs on the back of my nect stood on end I can tell you this much. Continued to feel uneasy for the entire night.

Nowadays all seems peace and quiet around so, knock on wood i'd say.

Neko.
Posted ImageDisclaimer; I will always try to give my honest and personal opinion, with no offence intended.

#15 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

I attract some.. they don't normally stay for more then a few months.. though.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users