• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 The_H.U.N.T

The_H.U.N.T

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

Just to put my two cents in.... I use to use pendulums BUT.... keep in mind that ghosts can still lie to you. Cannot tell you how many times I would get a "yes" and it be total crap.
They tell you what they think you want to know or hear. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Another way to test your pendulum rather than asking questions right off the bat... Think in your own mind "yes" or "no" and you will see it move accordingly.

This is the other reason I dont use them anymore is because you can actually make them move with your own mind so you could interfere with the questioning.

And lastly.... there is no cetain thing you have to use for a pendulum. You can put a button on a string and still be able to get an answer. Ive used my keys, necklaces, etc and been able to get an answer BUT whether it was a tangible answer is another story.

The person who mentioned it being basically the same as a Ouija board is correct. They can also play with your head there as well. Its honestly better to develop your psychic skills and get a telepathic answer. :angry:

#17 qriousashums

qriousashums

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:01 PM

ok, well thank you, and i will. a girl i have been friends with had one and showed me hers and i used it all the time when i was around her, and ever since she moved away ive been really wanting to use one, like it is addictive or something....i dont know how to describe it. and i am always overly per cautious when doing anything, i wont even walk alone in the dark just because i never know. But i still dont know where i would go to get one "charged" or is that not necessary? and all advice is appreciated greatly.

#18 qriousashums

qriousashums

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

Just to put my two cents in.... I use to use pendulums BUT.... keep in mind that ghosts can still lie to you. Cannot tell you how many times I would get a "yes" and it be total crap.
They tell you what they think you want to know or hear. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Another way to test your pendulum rather than asking questions right off the bat... Think in your own mind "yes" or "no" and you will see it move accordingly.

This is the other reason I dont use them anymore is because you can actually make them move with your own mind so you could interfere with the questioning.

And lastly.... there is no cetain thing you have to use for a pendulum. You can put a button on a string and still be able to get an answer. Ive used my keys, necklaces, etc and been able to get an answer BUT whether it was a tangible answer is another story.

The person who mentioned it being basically the same as a Ouija board is correct. They can also play with your head there as well. Its honestly better to develop your psychic skills and get a telepathic answer. :wow:

that is good advise, but i ma really all so new to this, and dont know how to develop anything, but i can tell when somthing or someone is around me and yet i see nothing and sometimes hear nothing, but often i do hear noises, not nessasarily voices, but noises that is obvious nobody around me is making, knocking at a door, sometimes bells ringing, kinda like a dinner bell type noise it seems, but i dont know what to think or make of any of that, so i try to stick to things that i CAN see, such as the pendulum, but any advise on any help i would love because i feel like a deer caught in the headlights with things like these.

#19 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:15 AM

To "charge" such an object, you merely need to keep it close to you physically for a bit. With a pendulum, you would need to hold it for a time. I know that for crystal balls, you wash them with vinegar, and many people recommend that you then place it in the light of the full moon before holding it closely for a time to infuse it with your energies. I don't know if that would work for a pendulum or not - probably if yours is made of crystal it would help.
As far as developing any abilities you have, there are many things you can do to help yourself. First, educate yourself. Head to the library and look up key words like psychic, clairvoyance, etc. Read old topics here at the Village. Next, take up meditation and journaling. The meditation teaches you to focus your energies, as well as how to quiet your outer self so that you can listen to your inner self. The journaling also teaches focus, discipline, and gives you an outlet for your thoughts. There is a topic here called Meditation 101 that has a basic excercise to help you get started and can be adapted to variations as needed.
One thing to always keep in mind is that what ever one does to open doors, one needs to do some sort of protection ritual. A prayer in whatever method/tradition you have been raised in asking your Higher Power to watch over, guide, and protect you is what I mean. And when you have finished, you need to do a ritual to end things safely, saying thanks as well.
I hope this helps a little. Don't forget to keep us updated as you move forward.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#20 qriousashums

qriousashums

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:09 AM

that does help, alot. journaling i have done throught my whole life, journals and poetry. i havent tried meditating persay, but i will just sit for long periods of time and just sit, not really think about too much imperticular, and stare off into nothing, but i dont know or think that qualifies. and im assuming rituals would be covered in the book? its just taht there arent any big libraries around me, im in a small new england town. But i will make it a point to look. And the pendulum charging, if i can do it like that and it works then fantastic, because my friend said that she had to take hers to a spiritual storeish place and i didnt understand what she was trying to say and she didnt know where one was around me, so that makes things alot easyer. i must admit i am a little scared to step into this, but it is something that i have always felt drawn to, not for interest exactly, but just like i am tied to it and can not ignore it, even if i try. It scares me a little because it seems that the more i try to ignore it the more inexplicible things happen, but when i am listening, there are alot less and i am less fearful of it. Also, when using the pendulum, how will i know if it is a good or bad spirit answering? or will i not know and have to figure it out myself? And i dont have a higher really, i have been raised christian, but for some reason i havent ever believed it nor felt the compassion one should feel about their religion. So i always have open ears and eyes for new things. all of your advice is fantastic and i hope you keep it coming. Words can not describe how much i appreciate it.!

#21 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

I have a different point of view the share with this. I to have used a pendulum in the past and have since recently picked it back up after a period of silence.

I however, work mainly with my subconscious self. I work with finding out the likes and dislikes of my subconscious.

As I have learned it, using the pendulum is about letting my subconscious be the one that listens for the spirits to convey their thoughts. This took a great amount of work though, to make sure as you have mentioned, I don't get lies. The subconscious is our programmed part, through teachings, learned instincts, past experiences.. even what we teach it throught positive or negative thoughts and statements about our self. It will tell us what we want to hear. It's a defensive mechanism.

I have had to learn myself, and teach/reeducate that my subconscious has no wrong answers, that every answer is valuable even if it seems negative on the outside, but that just means there are then methods to help right any wrongs.

Once this is fairly nailed down, then I went with using my subconscious do the talking with any said spirits. Only after my subconscious is comfortable talking with a spirit, do I then begin questioning any spirit present.

This is just one method, and since I use it for more self-use, I tend to go through my subconscious level to get at any spirits, as I on a conscious level cannot communicate with spirits of any sort- it seems to be stuck in one way radio, heh.

If you become accustomed to your own self, and self conscious, it will be able to tell whether for your safety, you should be communicating woth any one spirit.

#22 qriousashums

qriousashums

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

I have a different point of view the share with this. I to have used a pendulum in the past and have since recently picked it back up after a period of silence.

I however, work mainly with my subconscious self. I work with finding out the likes and dislikes of my subconscious.

As I have learned it, using the pendulum is about letting my subconscious be the one that listens for the spirits to convey their thoughts. This took a great amount of work though, to make sure as you have mentioned, I don't get lies. The subconscious is our programmed part, through teachings, learned instincts, past experiences.. even what we teach it throught positive or negative thoughts and statements about our self. It will tell us what we want to hear. It's a defensive mechanism.

I have had to learn myself, and teach/reeducate that my subconscious has no wrong answers, that every answer is valuable even if it seems negative on the outside, but that just means there are then methods to help right any wrongs.

Once this is fairly nailed down, then I went with using my subconscious do the talking with any said spirits. Only after my subconscious is comfortable talking with a spirit, do I then begin questioning any spirit present.

This is just one method, and since I use it for more self-use, I tend to go through my subconscious level to get at any spirits, as I on a conscious level cannot communicate with spirits of any sort- it seems to be stuck in one way radio, heh.

If you become accustomed to your own self, and self conscious, it will be able to tell whether for your safety, you should be communicating woth any one spirit.

wow, so many conflicting views...so if i understand this, it may be a combonation of spirit and subconcious? i am afraid i may not compleatly understand what you have just said. so let my self concious do the communicating, not ..... wow confused..... help please

#23 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

I think you hit it with it being a combination of spirit and mind. Again, you need to begin serious meditation, not just letting your mind wander. Meditation is more serious, more focused than that. I'll find that link for you so that you may begin.

Ok, here's that link.
http://www.ghostvill...y...=13828&st=0
There are some other topics on meditation here as well, but this will get you started. You should also read those other topics, and there are some good books on the subject out there.

Edited by Redhead, 06 July 2007 - 07:40 AM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#24 qriousashums

qriousashums

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

I think you hit it with it being a combination of spirit and mind. Again, you need to begin serious meditation, not just letting your mind wander. Meditation is more serious, more focused than that. I'll find that link for you so that you may begin.

Ok, here's that link.
http://www.ghostvill...y...=13828&st=0
There are some other topics on meditation here as well, but this will get you started. You should also read those other topics, and there are some good books on the subject out there.

Thank you, i did read it and will begin today! The books, i am going to north hampton this weeknd, and a few other larger towns to find more books in order to help me. Do you know of any specific authors or titles you would reccomend? and thank you once again.

#25 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

Yeah it was a bit rough, my apologies, I see the subconscious as part of the mind that may live on in the spirit realm, hence it is the portion I use when attempting communications. The subconscious is the link to the spirits, in my opinion.

#26 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,866 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

Yeah it was a bit rough, my apologies, I see the subconscious as part of the mind that may live on in the spirit realm, hence it is the portion I use when attempting communications. The subconscious is the link to the spirits, in my opinion.

I do agree with this. The divination actually works through the mind and it's faculties, but as someone else mentioned, the entities of the other realm may fool around, so it our onus to be strong and safe.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#27 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

The person who mentioned it being basically the same as a Ouija board is correct. They can also play with your head there as well. Its honestly better to develop your psychic skills and get a telepathic answer. ;)

that is good advise, but i ma really all so new to this, and dont know how to develop anything, but i can tell when somthing or someone is around me and yet i see nothing and sometimes hear nothing, but often i do hear noises, not nessasarily voices, but noises that is obvious nobody around me is making, knocking at a door, sometimes bells ringing, kinda like a dinner bell type noise it seems, but i dont know what to think or make of any of that, so i try to stick to things that i CAN see, such as the pendulum, but any advise on any help i would love because i feel like a deer caught in the headlights with things like these.

Can I respectfully suggest...find a Good teacher who will give you the basics and allow you to practice your own skills. There is a lot of information, in many places, all over the internet. Some suggests a do-it-yourself approach. But with no grounding in basics this is a hard place to start. Find someone to listen to...follow their advice...then develop your own heart and mind. God bless, j

#28 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

I used a favorite necklace for a pendulum but it didn't move, even when I mentally said what movement was yes and what was no. I asked if anyone was there and the pendulum didn't move. I know my apartment isn't 'occupied', so perhaps the pendulum works only when spirits are present?

I didn't protect myself, but I will be sure to do it next time I try. I'm discouraged, though. I tried a pendulum a friend gave me and which she tested and it wouldn't move for me. I should have asked her to supervise me for my first try. This was years ago.

Perhaps some aren't apt with pendulums, like some people can't roll their tongues?

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users