Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Dream Visitations - Our Topic of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

About 12 years ago, I had this dream. I was standing in my parents’ kitchen and saw my two grandfathers—both of whom had passed on by this point in my life. Neither said anything, they simply smiled. I woke up in tears, overwhelmed with emotion. That was the entire dream. I left nothing out. And it’s worth repeating: the dream was 12 years ago.

How many dreams do you remember after 12 hours, let alone 12 years? This one has stuck with me. It’s been burned into my permanent memory. I believe it was a visitation dream. I was close with both of my grandfathers as a child, and I believe they paid me a visit. There was no message, no words, just a smile, and I still look upon that as a gift.

The skeptics among you might be saying, “Jeff, you were asleep, you admit it was a dream.” You’ll get no argument from me. That’s all true. But to me, it felt like more, and there’s no other witness or expert I can get counsel on for that insight. You’re stuck with only my word--the word of a dreamer.

From talking to so many of you over the years, I know I’m not alone in believing I’ve had a visitation dream. Maybe it’s the prone state of sleep that makes us more receptive to some kind of contact, or maybe within the dream realm spirits are able to flit in and out a lot easier than our physical world. Perhaps it’s even a matter of knowing what’s best for us. Some people can’t handle seeing a loved one who passed on standing in front of them. They would lose their grip. But within a dream, there’s that tiny piece of you that can rationalize that perhaps it was just a profound dream, and that keeps you within your comfort zone. Our lost loved ones may know what’s best for us.

This month I invite you to share your visitation dream experiences with other Ghostvillage.com readers either in this forum, or submit it as an encounter here: http://ghostvillage....your-encounter/

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Twitter: @THEJeffBelanger
Facebook: Jeff Belanger
YouTube: www.youtube.com/legendtripping

Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

I have had a reoccurring dream of my grandmother who died when I was 5.  I have had this dream periodically for 45+ years.  It's always the same.  I am at the back door of my parents house and I hear her calling my name.  I open the back door and there she is at the neighbors back yard and she is waving for me to come to her.  As a very young child this scared the crap out of me.  Most of the time I jolt awake before even going close to walking over to her.  I think in my subconscious if I go to her I will join her and would die.  Only once had I attempted to go close to her to only reawaken after a few steps.  Maybe once I am at the end of my worldly life and I have this dream again, I will walk over to her and join her, but I am not quite ready for that yet.

#3 Bebo

Bebo

Grab life by the Bebo

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

37 years ago, one of my best friends was killed in a car accident.  A few days after she died, I dreamed I was standing in the kitchen with my family. The phone rang, and my brother answered it. He handed it to me saying it was the friend I had just lost. I answered the phone, and I was crying and asking her if she was ok. She said she was happy and that she was with her grandfather. She told me that she had to go. I asked her if she could call me back sometime, but she said no, she wouldn't be able to call me ever again.

The next day, a mutual friend of ours called me. She was crying and saying she had the strangest dream the night before. She was standing in her kitchen, and our friend called her to say goodbye.

#4 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

I have had this happen on a few occasions.  The first time was a few years after my husband's grandfather had passed.  I was very close with him, as was my husband.  He very badly wanted us to get married and have children.  Unfortunately he passed away before he could see that happen.  One night when my daughters were still little I had a dream about him.  We were out to eat at a restaurant, and he was asking me to make sure I tell them about him.  I was crying and told him not to worry that I would, I promise.  I awoke sobbing as I have never done in any dream before that.  The second time was after my husband's grandmother had passed.(wife of the previous mentioned grandfather)  It wasn't as emotional, but more conversational as if she had just come around to check in and chat.  The third time was more recent, about a week or so ago.  My grandmother passed away 3 years ago and I felt guilty(still do) that I didn't get to see her while she was still conscious to tell her I loved her and say goodbye.  I had a dream that we were in her house and she was just talking to me as normal when I would go for a visit.  I woke up very sad and had a hard time going back to sleep.  It was exactly one week before the anniversary of her death.

#5 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

I have a grandfather that, whenever I'm missing him more than at other times, will appear to me in a dream that night.

It usually takes place in a family reunion-like setting that are filled with other people, and he waves to me from the other side of the group. He was always liked such gatherings in life, so why not in the great beyond?

~ Carlotta

Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Tiny Houses

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

My grandmother visited me in dreams for awhile after she passed away.  It was in a dream that she told me my sister was pregnant.  This is going way back though.  She showed me a room with clothing.  I ended up with a velevt suite in that was in the dream even my first wedding dress.  She hasn't been in my dreams in years now.  My parents sometimes appear but that is to let me know they are still alright and with me.

Right this way to my haunted space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users