• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SomervilleG

SomervilleG

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Hi,
From the very first night I stayed in my new condo, I have felt a presence. It has come and gone. But in the most part, really scares me. I have had 2 friends who have slept over tell me the same thing. So it's not just me. Do I need to hire someone to get rid of this spirit or can I do it myself?

Please help!

peace.

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:05 PM

You can do a basic sage cleansing yourself without any trouble usually...

However, there are a few things to keep in mind:

Cleansings don't remove spirits...they remove negative energies...which may or may not affect a ghost or spirit at all. You may not even HAVE a legitimate haunting. And the biggest thing...if you don't believe that it will work, then it won't. Most cleansing rituals really work on a mind over matter principle more than actual physical properties.

Given that, if you truly feel there is something there, I would call in a local team. They can check things out...and devise a plan on what to do. Until thing, don't acknowledge it, and don't show fear...you don't want to do anything to give it more strength.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Let me turn to the Christian Bible to make a point, then generalize it for all people.

In the Acts of the Apostles, we read that the apostles were able to cast out evil spirits. This power attracted a lot of attention. Simon Magus tried to buy it from the apostles. Also, many non-initiates tried to cast out evil spirits themselves.

Among the latter were the seven sons of Sceva (Acts 19). When these brothers found a possessed man, they tried to cleanse him with the words: "We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth." The evil spirit laughed and retorted: "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?" The evil spirit then overtook the brothers and possessed them also.

Let's forget that this is a passage from Christian Scripture; it makes a poignant point. Who are any of us that an unwanted spirit would recognize our authority and leave when asked? The sons of Sceva tried to declare the authority of Jesus and Paul, but neither Jesus nor Paul had given them permission to act in their name. They broke the first rule of exorcisms: never claim authority you don't have.

In my sect, all worthy men are eligible for the Priesthood (no Seminary or formal training necessary). Our exorcism ritual is extremely simple. We declare the authority of our Priesthood then command the unwanted spirit to leave. I know who ordained me an Elder, and who ordained him an Elder, and so on all the way back to the founder of my sect. I am comfortable in using this authority in performing an exorcism. I've had it work for me.

Likewise, Catholic Priests and the Pastors of the various Protestant sects have been confirmed the Priesthood of their sect, and can declare that authority while performing a cleansing.

But authority isn't limited to the religious variety. Parents have stewardship and authority over their children. Friends have strong bonds, too. If you are the current owner of the house (or acting at the command of the current owner) you have some authority. Try and figure out what authority you have that this spirit will recognize. If you're not confident your authority is strong enough then get someone with more authority.

A few months back, I was in chat when an unwanted spirit made itself known in the other Villager's house. I have never been taught how to do remote exorcisms (or even if they're possible), but I walked her through the steps. We decided that her strongest authority was as matriarch of the family, so she declared that authority and commanded the spirit to leave. The spirit did leave, at least for a while.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

There is definitely good and evil in our world...of this we can all agree. And we do not change just because we die...we take with us our character to begin right where we left off in our spirituality. That is the spirit entities and energy that is available on another vibration around us all the time.

Who are you? You are a special, child of God .... the same and at the same time unique in spirit and love. Why are you not capable of dismissing evil?

A ritual begins and ends with prayer. This definitely brings on the highest and best intent...nothing is stronger or mightier than God. As an agent of God we do the ritual in all trust and worthiness of our own capabilities. Fear does dismiss the effort. The whole thing is about your trust in God and the ability to do His work.

You smudge and affirm: "I claim this space for me and my family. You are not welcome in this space and must go to your place. " Being firm in thought or voice with sincerity of purpose gets the job done. (If not the first time, then the next).

God bless, J

Edited by spiritalk, 03 June 2007 - 12:03 PM.

#5 jackal

jackal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hi,
From the very first night I stayed in my new condo, I have felt a presence. It has come and gone. But in the most part, really scares me. I have had 2 friends who have slept over tell me the same thing. So it's not just me. Do I need to hire someone to get rid of this spirit or can I do it myself?

Please help!

peace.

Ghosts don't mean harm please realize that alot of these spirits are somewhat mentally, unbalanced due to their failure to make a smooth transition to the other side. They are experiencing stress and they are not quite themselves. They tend to misinterpret Peoples presence in their home as an invasion of sorts because they aren't moving through time anymore and they aren't marking the passage of time the way we do. So, to them, there hasn't been any sale of the house, and it's still theirs, so they are very distressed and confused about seeing you there!

If you are indeed dealing with a negative spirit you must remain unemotional and firm as the negative spirit will feed off the fear in your mind you must tell the ghost to seek the light it's body has perished and it's time (and good) he or she leave this physical realm. Tell the ghost he or she will see other spirits (loved ones) who are called to direct and guide him or her; and he/she will be treated with love and forgiveness no matter what.

You can also help this spirit move on by praying to Jesus to counsel it and persuade it to
move on to the light.

#6 Am¥€lizabeth

Am¥€lizabeth

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Let me turn to the Christian Bible to make a point, then generalize it for all people.

In the Acts of the Apostles, we read that the apostles were able to cast out evil spirits. This power attracted a lot of attention. Simon Magus tried to buy it from the apostles. Also, many non-initiates tried to cast out evil spirits themselves.

Among the latter were the seven sons of Sceva (Acts 19). When these brothers found a possessed man, they tried to cleanse him with the words: "We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth." The evil spirit laughed and retorted: "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?" The evil spirit then overtook the brothers and possessed them also.

Let's forget that this is a passage from Christian Scripture; it makes a poignant point. Who are any of us that an unwanted spirit would recognize our authority and leave when asked? The sons of Sceva tried to declare the authority of Jesus and Paul, but neither Jesus nor Paul had given them permission to act in their name. They broke the first rule of exorcisms: never claim authority you don't have.

In my sect, all worthy men are eligible for the Priesthood (no Seminary or formal training necessary). Our exorcism ritual is extremely simple. We declare the authority of our Priesthood then command the unwanted spirit to leave. I know who ordained me an Elder, and who ordained him an Elder, and so on all the way back to the founder of my sect. I am comfortable in using this authority in performing an exorcism. I've had it work for me.

Likewise, Catholic Priests and the Pastors of the various Protestant sects have been confirmed the Priesthood of their sect, and can declare that authority while performing a cleansing.

But authority isn't limited to the religious variety. Parents have stewardship and authority over their children. Friends have strong bonds, too. If you are the current owner of the house (or acting at the command of the current owner) you have some authority. Try and figure out what authority you have that this spirit will recognize. If you're not confident your authority is strong enough then get someone with more authority.

A few months back, I was in chat when an unwanted spirit made itself known in the other Villager's house. I have never been taught how to do remote exorcisms (or even if they're possible), but I walked her through the steps. We decided that her strongest authority was as matriarch of the family, so she declared that authority and commanded the spirit to leave. The spirit did leave, at least for a while.

Jesus said we have authority over demons in his name.

#7 MoonDance14

MoonDance14

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

I don't believe in Jesus. I don't believe we have the automatic right and power over demons or spirits. They are powerful, knowledge, if not sometimes unbalanced beings. You must understand, as said before, that they do not always mean harm.

Sometimes, you will find them just creepy, but if you're concerned sage is your best bet. Try letting the smoke go in circles and spread it through your house by carrying it to each room and saying a small prayer to whatever you believe in. Make it known you wish to be left alone.

Until something that shows it has ill intent happens do not do anything that can cause a backlash. You do not want to experience what a bad backlash feels like. Be assertive, be safe, and be happy.

#8 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

I would like more details please. Why do you think there are spirits/ghosts, etc. in your home? Specifically, what has happened - noises, smells, cold spots? Or is it a general feeling of unease? I'm not trying to discount what you are telling us, I just think that there isn't much one can do without knowing what is actually going on.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Jesus said we have authority over demons in his name.

Then claim authority as a believer in Jesus. Did Sceva and his seven sons believe in Jesus? They must have if they invoked his holy name in trying to cast out the unclean spirits. But why, then, did the eveil spirits laugh at them? Only act in Jesus' authority if you have been granted it.

#10 MoonDance14

MoonDance14

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Have you ever thought about belief? you need belief and the power of will. You say only speak in his name if you have been granted it, but Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins and at the last supper the wine was as if it was his blood, the bread as if it was his body, we were all given the right.

If you're going to preach read the old Testament first.

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

MoonDance,

I have read the Old Testament and the New Testament, too. I'm pretty sure the story of Jesus is in the new. If you are going to correct people, you may want to make sure you aren't making any mistakes.

#12 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

This is found in John 14

I tell you the truth. The person that believes in me will do the same things I have done. Yes! He will do even greater things than I have done. Why? Because I am going to the Father. And if you ask for anything in my name, I will do it for you. Then the Father's glory will be shown through the Son.

If you ask for anything in my name, I will do it for you

We are limitless.... It is our physical self that creates limitations...
I am more than my physical body.

#13 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

I am walking a fine line. I obviously am a religious person with religious beliefs. On the other hand, as a member of the Town Council I can't give the impression that Ghost Village promotes one set of beliefs above any other. Any religious statements in this thread should be taken as my own words, and not coming from Ghost Village.

Seer, my reasoning still stands. Firstly, the story of the seven brothers happened after Jesus had ascended back into heaven. Obviously mere believers cannot command in the name of Jesus. Secondly, look at the audience of John 14. Jesus is talking with the Twelve, not all believers.

#14 Mak Jo Si

Mak Jo Si

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Exorcism, Taoism, Taoist magic, Kung Fu, Chi Kong, Ghost related things

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hi,

Please help!

peace.

I don't suggest you do it yourself because if the evil thing or spirit is not just a friendly guy you will get into more troubles and the troubles can be very suppressed which end up in a long term suffer - you can end up not seeing it or sensing it but then your luck and health go way down and you will see yourself suffering from financial problems and health problems all the time.

If you need some help or solutions, I can help. Contact me if you need.
My Taoist Temple - Chi in Nature Taoist Temple
My BLOG: Taoist Master Blog
My Exorcist Website! - World's Best Exorcist Web!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users