• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:07 PM

So, we're all going to chat about psychics. Well! What kinds are there? What do they do?

Also, how can these different types be utilized in an investigation?

#2 whispering leaves

whispering leaves

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:11 PM

there are different ones. clairvoyant, clairsentient, clairaudient etc.

#3 MissAngelic

MissAngelic

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:being a shopoholic<3

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

i never had a reading before.. and i NEVER EVER knew there were different types of psychics.. lol :P

Edited by MissAngelic, 16 August 2006 - 10:47 PM.

LiVE . LOVE . LAUGH . <3I really miss you a lot.

#4 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:05 AM

Yes Whisper's, that I know. But perhaps some of us would like to know the actual differences in each, what is each able to do?

#5 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:10 PM

Each psychic has the same ability, it's just that it's split up. I'm a healer, but I don't which category this power comes under. Psychics usually utilize more than one of those things that whisper was talking about. When giving a reading, i can see images, clairvoyance, but not true clairvoyance because my third eye is not open yet. I can feel things, like a drop or rise in temperature, feeling dread or joy, which is clairsentinence, and sometimes hear things, which is clairaudience. These things are just part and parcel of being a psychic. The messages come from god, but they come to me in different manners. It's hard to say.
petunia4998

#6 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:41 AM

http://www.thelostfo...-abilities.html

Animal Telepathy - The ability to communicate with (but not command or influence) various kinds of creatures. Think "pet psychic".

Astral Projection - The ability to leave one's body and travel in spirit to another location.

Aura Reading - The ability to see the energy fields that emanate from living beings. Psychic ability can often reveal itself throught the seeing of auras.

Automatic Writing - Writing through the subconscious mind without conscious thought, or through the guidance of an outside intelligence.

Channeling - Associated with mediums, this is the ability to act as a channel or vessel for an outside intelligence.

Clairaudience - Put simply, this type of ability is used to hear what is "inaudible". For example, someone with this ability could be a thousand miles way and "hear" a loved one's cry of distress.

Clairvoyance - Usually confused with Precognition, this ability actually has much more in common with "Remote Viewing", True clairvoyance is not the abilitly to see into the future, but the psychic ability to see visions of that which is hidden or far away.

Clairsentience - In this instance the psychic has an insight or "knowing" of and a hidden or forgotten fact.

Divination - A broad term that includes fortune telling, precognition, prophesy, and other methods used in an effort to predict the future.

Dowsing - Also known as "water witching", dowsing involves the use of a rod, sticks, or pendulum to locate water or lost objects.

Empathy - The talent to sense the needs, drives, and emotions of another. As with Aura Reading, psychic ability can often reveal itself through the development of empathy.

E.S.P. - Extra Sensory Perception is the awareness of information about events external to the psychic that are not gained through the senses and not deducible from previous experience. Often used to describe clairvoyance, precognition, telepathy, etc...

Intuition - Similar to clairsentience, this is the power or faculty of attaining direct knowledge or cognition without rational thought or inference.

Levitation - The ability to cause one's body to hover off the ground. One of the more well-documented cases of levitation involved St. Theresa of Avila during the 16th century.

Mind Over Body - Suppressing or mentally satisfying the need for water, food, or sleep. There is some debate over whether this is actually a psychic ability since many of those who are associated with this trait (monks, yogis, mystics, etc...) are not generally called "psychics".

Precognition - Quite simply, "knowing the future". However, since time is a dynamic construct, no one psychic can ever know every detail about the future. Usually this ability refers to knowing general outcomes of specific courses of action, with occasional flashes of detailed insight.

Psychometry - Also known as "object reading", psychometry enables a psychic to pick up on psychic impressions (vibrations) left on an object by someone connected with it. Someone with this ability could use an unfamiliar object to reveal much about its owner.

Pyrokinesis - The ability to start fires with one's mind.

Telekinesis - Also known as psychokinesis, the ability to move objects with one's mind.

Telepathy - The ability to communicate mind-to-mind with another.

Note: In assembling this list of types of psychic abilities I have tried to include only those abilities which are of a true psychic nature. Precognition for example, is on the list, but "scrying" is not, as this is simply a method of precognition. Astrology and palmistry, for example are not on the list as these are subjects that can be learned, and do not require psychic ability. Similiarly, areas of magical study are also not on the list because I feel they have very little to do with innate psychic ability. This includes things like necromancy, arithromancy, and pretty much every other "mancy" one can name. Besides, if I listed one, I would have to list them all, and when you think about it, how many people really want to know about tyromancy (divination through moldy cheese)?
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#7 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:09 AM

Besides, if I listed one, I would have to list them all, and when you think about it, how many people really want to know about tyromancy (divination through moldy cheese)?

That's one I think I would stay clear from! :clap:
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#8 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:04 AM

I am mainly clairsentient. The best way to describe how I get the information is that it feels like when something you'd forgotten about suddenly pops into your mind. I am also a little clairvoyant, seeing things in the mind's eye. Again, it pretty much feels like having a memory.

#9 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:48 PM

I received an email asking for more info on types of Psychics, I informed this person I got this information online. You can see the link at the top of the post and again here.

Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#10 chessman

chessman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

I received an email asking for more info on types of Psychics, I informed this person I got this information online. You can see the link at the top of the post and again here.

:hug: the total number of psychic gifts is 76. each can be differentiated by what it is. while there are a number of physical gifts (ie materialization, etherialization, trumpet, spirit photagraphy) most are in the mental realm (clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, x-ray voyerism, astral travel) no one is able to manifest all. the ability may exist, but the developement for the gift has not been taken, or is not meant to be taken. most have several gifts that manifest in varying degrees, some very well, others rather weakly. and others may come for a short time, then not be available at any later time.
three of the most common, clairvoyance-that is clear seeing, can be future, past, distance etc. clairaudience -that is clear hearing can also be refering to past current or future. often however the words are what matters, though specific types of sounds have certain meanings for the one who hears it. clairsentience- clear feeling is the emotional realm, that is feeling happy, sad, pain, and may also be used to identitfy a feeling about a person, such as what a nother, or father, feels like.
some of the rarest gifts, levitation, or its opposite, weightfulness, are for the exibition of physical gifts and are usually only seen when in a group, though not always. another rare one is what i call spirit painting. having seen it only once, it was the using of colored paint or water colors which were used to create a group of pictures on a 4x4 square clothe while the cloth was inside a folder. when finished, the pictures were of about seven or eight faces that had formed after about forty minutes wait in a dimmly, but quite easily seen room. everyone in the room couldsee whatever they wanted to in the room, though not as easily had a regular forty watt bulb had been lit. each person. about twenty in al;l, had a folder and piece of cloth which we all l;ooked at when the session was over. i still have mine, but i don't know where. so as you can tell, each dift can be developed, but only if you are meant to develop it. not all are meant to be. one which will be made manifest more and more over the next century is telepathy, or mind to mind communication between two or mre individuals, but on this plain, not between this world and the next. at least that's what i think is coming and will become the most common of gifts. undoubtedly, many others can tell you about other gifts, but these are some i've had experience with first hand. :hug: :hug: :wub:

Yes Whisper's, that I know. But perhaps some of us would like to know the actual differences in each, what is each able to do?

read post #10 and you'l get some idea of what is possible. not all are available, many can even be faked, and often were in the past. just remember, if you can do it in the dark, then turn on the light and do it right. it's also much harder to fake it when you can see what's happening. :hug: :wub: :wub: :Spaz: :clap:

#11 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:02 AM

The confusion comes in a bit because there are the main ones and then some branch off those. For instance, Empathy is a type of clairsentience. You are feeling emotions of a spirit or person but you can also be clairsentient where you feel actual physical sensations from spirit.

Clairaudience could be misinterpreted as Claircognisance. A spirit communication can come into your mind as thoughts which are not yours & this is called clairaudience but claircognisance is a 'recognising or knowing' of something that cant be pinpointed a spirit.

Usually Clairsentience is the first insight that people may discover.

Edited by feusurlaneige, 03 September 2006 - 02:03 AM.

#12 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

Mostly clairaudience for me when communicating with spirit :) sometimes its like a whisper in my ear some times it is more like a voice in my head that isn't my own battling brain weasels :Spaz:
Though as an empath I have a great deal of clairsentience in my everyday life...

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#13 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:44 PM

What a wealth of information in this thread. Good job everyone! :clap:
Posted Image

#14 chessman

chessman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:37 AM

The confusion comes in a bit because there are the main ones and then some branch off those. For instance, Empathy is a type of clairsentience. You are feeling emotions of a spirit or person but you can also be clairsentient where you feel actual physical sensations from spirit.

Clairaudience could be misinterpreted as Claircognisance. A spirit communication can come into your mind as thoughts which are not yours & this is called clairaudience but claircognisance is a 'recognising or knowing' of something that cant be pinpointed a spirit.

Usually Clairsentience is the first insight that people may discover.

feelings are often, though not always, the easiest to develope also. the difficulty is in the telling apart the person and the spirit. this may seem easy, but someone familiar with what is happening can easily tell a fake from the one who is actually communicating with a spirit. but the one being read may not be able to tell the difference and assumes it is false. trying to convince a skeptic will always fail since the skeptic will claim you are reading his body language, not his spirit. thertein lay the true psychic's ability. being able to read a skeptic and make him/her a beleiver. :clap: :clap: :weeee: :weeee:

What a wealth of information in this thread. Good job everyone! :clap:

when a good question is asked, all kinds of good information comes out. :hug: :D :clap: :clap:

#15 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:18 PM

Okay, for anyone interested in delving into it...I've wondered if any of these kinds of things - which probably seem commonplace to most of you - would fall into the realm of supernatural gifts as they are generally defined.

For instance...

How about when someone wakes in the middle of the night from a sound sleep and they know full well that something has happened to a loved one. They may not have a clear picture of what but, they know. One often talked about case in my family involved my grandmother during WWII. She woke in the middle of the night and knew something had happened that involved her son who was stationed on a ship in the South Pacific at the time. Come to find out, on that very night, his ship had been hit by a Japanese Kamakazi plane and sunk. My uncle survived but, was apparently going through the trauma at the exact time my grandmother was jolted from her sleep.

And how about getting messages of comfort through dreams - is there a name for that? I've had several myself through the years that have seemed to have meaning (and I'm willing to bet this is something most people have experienced so, I don't think it's really unusual). The best one I've heard of though was when my mom was a young girl during the war and was so worried about her brother (the same one on the ship above) and her two uncles who were also in the service. Then one night she had a vivid dream of three angels floating above the war memorial which is located in the center of our city and she knew they would all survive. It gave her the peace of mind to stop worrying and, just as she had believed, they all survived the war.

One last one - and this may sound a bit simplistic because I can't really explain it as well as I would like. It's just that there are times when I know when an era is over. Most of the time it involves places - I just have a sense that there is going to be change in a particular place. Like I knew before my aunt and uncle decided to sell their beloved historic home that their time there was short. Now, you might say that this is just simple logic - eventually everything DOES change. But, I just get this weird feeling sometimes - almost a change of atmosphere kind of feeling.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users