Psychic detectives=predators?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#166 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:54 AM

OK, I give up, where in heavens name was an attack in my reply. ?
I just give up, I am hardly here and I see when I try to reduce something that it is ignored. You are obviously a very young soul, you are still looking for answers. God willing you get them
All the best to all of you

Namaste
Ayna

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um. Right here. Copied and pasted from your reply to plind.

OOH, I am wondering what got your dander up, as I said, why are you even interested in evidence ? You dont believe, so why dont you stick to that ? Why are you wasting your precious time bothering to even post here? Why dont you just get on with your present existence ? Does it not fullfill you ?
No psychic or sensitive would ever attack another person, they would rather draw themselves back, and simply smile. At the same time, the hope always exists that this door which we can open, might also be opened for you.

I am so sad that you think my post is an analogy, and that you would presume to think I am arrogant. Why in heavens name should I be arrogant ? Is the fact that I just have a simple gift, which I did not wish for, enough to make you angry. ?

And the age of my soul is not up for debate here.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#167 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:15 AM

OOH, I am wondering what got your dander up, as I said, why are you even interested in evidence ? You dont believe, so why dont you stick to that ? Why are you wasting your precious time bothering to even post here? Why dont you just get on with your present existence ?  Does it not fullfill you ?
No psychic or sensitive  would ever attack another person, they would rather draw themselves back, and simply smile. At the same time, the hope always exists that this door which we can open, might also be opened for you.

I am so sad that you think my post is an analogy, and that you would presume to think I am arrogant. Why in heavens name should I be arrogant ?  Is the fact that I just have a simple gift, which I did not wish for, enough to make you angry. ?

Im sorry you are, and I send you love and blessings
Namaste
Ayna

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you think I'm angry? I didn't presume you were arrogant either. I simply explained why I disagreed with your cigarette analogy and provided some counter arguments. That's how online debating works.

People are not born with all the right beliefs, they require beliefs through life as they learn new stuff. I don't feel any attachment to the beliefs I have required, if some of them turn out wrong, good riddance, it will only move me closer to the Truth. Skeptical scrutiny and critical thinking are tools to examine the validity of beliefs. That I'm skeptical doesn't mean my mind is closed off, it means that I'm giving other beliefs a chance by putting them to the test.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#168 Ayna

Ayna

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:The sea in UAE, the mountains in Munich (divided living ) my 2 beautiful children My horses, my dog<br />My husband ( when heīs home ) LOL. <br />The teachings of Daskalos. Buddhism. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens. Home and exotic cooking. + Jamie Olivers Recipes.<br />Interior decorating, and about a million other things...

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:37 AM

OOH, I am wondering what got your dander up, as I said, why are you even interested in evidence ? You dont believe, so why dont you stick to that ? Why are you wasting your precious time bothering to even post here? Why dont you just get on with your present existence ?  Does it not fullfill you ?
No psychic or sensitive  would ever attack another person, they would rather draw themselves back, and simply smile. At the same time, the hope always exists that this door which we can open, might also be opened for you.

I am so sad that you think my post is an analogy, and that you would presume to think I am arrogant. Why in heavens name should I be arrogant ?  Is the fact that I just have a simple gift, which I did not wish for, enough to make you angry. ?

Im sorry you are, and I send you love and blessings
Namaste
Ayna

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peter mein Schatz ( look what that means there are enough translations on the net)
I have been pondering on your mails for a whole day now. The Lord knows why. And still I cant find anything in your person which would make me want you run a mile. I do see you are trying to, no, you want to, believe. ( Wasnīt that the poster behind Mulder`s desk  on the X Files? " I want to believe"

I think that is basically the situation with skeptics. And I dont feel you are a real skeptic. ????

And by the way, there is a difference between fanatics and believers. Fanatics have to be brainwashed. They are not capable of thinking for themselves.
Believers dont even have to think, they just KNOW.

Namaste
Ayna

Why do you think I'm angry? I didn't presume you were arrogant either. I simply explained why I disagreed with your cigarette analogy and provided some counter arguments. That's how online debating works.

People are not born with all the right beliefs, they require beliefs through life as they learn new stuff. I don't feel any attachment to the beliefs I have required, if some of them turn out wrong, good riddance, it will only move me closer to the Truth. Skeptical scrutiny and critical thinking are tools to examine the validity of beliefs. That I'm skeptical doesn't mean my mind is closed off, it means that I'm giving other beliefs a chance by putting them to the test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A life without festivity is like a long journey without rest. ( Demokrit. 460-370 BC ) God didnīt give me a brain just to fill the space between my ears. ( Ayna- ca. 1992 !!! ) I am the seed of all things that are ( Krishna )

#169 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:53 AM

This whole discussion is getting way out of hand and the post are getting ridiculous.

No one can change another's mind, only the person him/herself can change his/her mind.

I don't quite know exactly what kind of evidence is required, but when that evidence is provided, the mind will change. It is not up to any of us to provide that evidence, it will occur when it occurs.

Every single one of us is valid and greatly loved by god. Each one of us is an individual and are accepted by god as we are. If the change comes, that is fine, if it doesn't, that is also fine. it is wonderful to have questions, but all questions are not meant to be answered on this plane of existence. However, all questions will be answered at the proper time.
petunia4998

#170 plindboe

plindboe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:58 AM

Peter mein Schatz ( look what that means there are enough translations on the net)

I had german in school, so am aware what it means. Though I am admittedly quite lousy at that language, never got the gramma.

I have been pondering on your mails for a whole day now. The Lord knows why.

Perhaps you have been pondering so much because I have made some valid points, and you're not sure what to reply. It doesn't hurt to agree once in a while, you don't necessarily have to disagree with everything I say.

And still I cant find anything in your person which would make me want you run a mile. I do see you are trying to, no, you want to, believe. ( Wasnīt that the poster behind Mulder`s desk  on the X Files? " I want to believe"

I think that is basically the situation with skeptics. And I dont feel you are a real skeptic. ????

Think what you will of me, I'm not the thought police and don't really care.

And by the way, there is a difference between fanatics and believers. Fanatics have to be brainwashed. They are not capable of thinking for themselves.

Ehm, no, believers believe. There's a difference between knowledge and belief. Just watch the many conflicting beliefs in the world today, and you should quickly realize that fact.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#171 Ayna

Ayna

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:The sea in UAE, the mountains in Munich (divided living ) my 2 beautiful children My horses, my dog<br />My husband ( when heīs home ) LOL. <br />The teachings of Daskalos. Buddhism. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens. Home and exotic cooking. + Jamie Olivers Recipes.<br />Interior decorating, and about a million other things...

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:43 PM

I had german in school, so am aware what it means. Though I am admittedly quite lousy at that language, never got the gramma.

I have been pondering on your mails for a whole day now. The Lord knows why.

Perhaps you have been pondering so much because I have made some valid points, and you're not sure what to reply. It doesn't hurt to agree once in a while, you don't necessarily have to disagree with everything I say.

And still I cant find anything in your person which would make me want you run a mile. I do see you are trying to, no, you want to, believe. ( Wasnīt that the poster behind Mulder`s desk  on the X Files? " I want to believe"

Think what you will of me, I'm not the thought police and don't really care.

Ehm, no, believers believe. There's a difference between knowledge and belief. Just watch the many conflicting beliefs in the world today, and you should quickly realize that fact.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good heavens, there is a difference between knowledge and belief.? Well, what are you talking about? Are you talking about Religion? which indeed is conflicting. Or are you talking about belief ? which has nothing to do with Religon. Or are you
presenting the fact that there are those of us who belong to no Religion and no belief. There are those who simply, just, KNOW.

By the way, dont get personal and tell me I should realize something. You dont know me, and you dont know who I am, what I am, or what I can. Stay neutral please.

Namaste
Ayna
A life without festivity is like a long journey without rest. ( Demokrit. 460-370 BC ) God didnīt give me a brain just to fill the space between my ears. ( Ayna- ca. 1992 !!! ) I am the seed of all things that are ( Krishna )

#172 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:01 PM

Main Entry: knowl·edge
Pronunciation: 'nä-lij
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English knowlege, from knowlechen to acknowledge, irregular from knowen
1 obsolete : COGNIZANCE
2 a (1) : the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association (2) : acquaintance with or understanding of a science, art, or technique b (1) : the fact or condition of being aware of something (2) : the range of one's information or understanding <answered to the best of my knowledge> c : the circumstance or condition of apprehending truth or fact through reasoning :
COGNITION d : the fact or condition of having information or of being learned <a man of unusual knowledge>
3 archaic : SEXUAL INTERCOURSE
4 a : the sum of what is known : the body of truth, information, and principles acquired by mankind b archaic : a branch of learning
synonyms KNOWLEDGE, LEARNING, ERUDITION, SCHOLARSHIP mean what is or can be known by an individual or by mankind. KNOWLEDGE applies to facts or ideas acquired by study, investigation, observation, or experience <rich in the knowledge of human nature>. LEARNING applies to knowledge acquired especially through formal, often advanced, schooling <a book that demonstrates vast learning>. ERUDITION strongly implies the acquiring of profound, recondite, or bookish learning <an erudition unusual even in a scholar>. SCHOLARSHIP implies the possession of learning characteristic of the advanced scholar in a specialized field of study or investigation <a work of first-rate literary scholarship>.

Main Entry: be·lief
Pronunciation: b&-'lEf
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English beleave, probably alteration of Old English gelEafa, from ge-, associative prefix + lEafa; akin to Old English lyfan
1 : a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing
2 : something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
3 : conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
synonyms BELIEF, FAITH, CREDENCE, CREDIT mean assent to the truth of something offered for acceptance. BELIEF may or may not imply certitude in the believer <my belief that I had caught all the errors>. FAITH almost always implies certitude even where there is no evidence or proof <an unshakable faith in God>. CREDENCE suggests intellectual assent without implying anything about grounds for assent <a theory now given credence by scientists>. CREDIT may imply assent on grounds other than direct proof <gave full credit to the statement of a reputable witness>. synonym see in addition OPINION

So, yes, there is a difference between knowledge and belief.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#173 plindboe

plindboe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:26 PM

Good heavens, there is a difference between knowledge and belief.? Well, what are you talking about? Are you talking about Religion? which indeed is conflicting. Or are you talking about belief ? which has nothing to do with Religon. Or are you
presenting the fact that there are those of us who belong to no Religion and no belief. There are those who simply, just, KNOW.

Nobody KNOWS. It's arrogant to think you are one of the select few people in the world with the only True belief system, and everyone who disagrees must automatically be wrong, but I have already stated that earlier a few posts above, so not sure why I have to repeat myself. And, no, again I'm not talking about you personally.

We all operate through beliefs(When I sometimes use the word 'believer' in a discussion, it's simply short for 'believer concerning the topic discussed', so I don't have to write all 5 words every time). I have an evidence-based belief that the Sun will rise tomorrow for instance, so I'm a believer too concerning that (hopefully) future event.

Btw, belief has something to do with religion as well. Faith is a certain type of belief.

By the way, dont get personal and tell me I should realize something. You dont know me, and you dont know who I am, what I am, or what I can. Stay neutral please.

I haven't been getting personal, and not sure what you're even trying to achieve with your posts. Are you trying to convince me, or simply let off some steam? I guess you're Spacemonkey(aka. MrsCamoMoon) with yet another username?

#174 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:06 PM

GhostVillage is an open forum.

Personal remarks and abusive tones only serve to make fellow posters defensive . Taking any post in this direction takes focus off of the topic itself and warps the point of sharing our thoughts and ideas.

This post is a good example of a post gone wrong.

Lets get back on track please.

The next step is for me to lock the thread until civility can be restored . This path of action would be a loss for us all. This is a good topic.

Rockhauler2k1...Moderator / Town Council Member

Edited by Rockhauler2k1, 18 October 2005 - 03:44 PM.

Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#175 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

*watches as Rock pulls the bananas from their holsters*

Ayna, don't look the bananas in the eye, they'll turn you to chocolate pudding.

#176 Ayna

Ayna

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:14 PM

*watches as Rock pulls the bananas from their holsters* 

Ayna, don't look the bananas in the eye, they'll turn you to chocolate pudding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, what a lovely thing to say. I appreciate it, and send you
blessings. Donīt worry, Iīve been here ( in various incarnations) for such a long time. Nothing can
mess me up that way.

PS. I honestly dont like chocolate, or sugar of any sort.

Namaste
Myrcel

#177 Ayna

Ayna

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:24 PM

Personal remarks and abusive tones only serve to make fellow posters defensive . Taking any post in this direction takes focus off of the topic itself and warps the point of sharing our thoughts and ideas.

This post is a good example of a post gone wrong.

Lets get back on track please.

The next step is for me to lock the thread until civility can be restored . This path of action would be a loss for us all. This is a good topic.

Rockhauler2k1...Moderator / Town Council Member

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for this post, I thought I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but as usual Spirit has proved me wrong.

I have been priveleged, through this particular thread , to connect with a like-minded soul. I will not say who as I do think respect for privacy is the main thing.
Nevertheless, I would like to thank those who post on this Thread for bringing us together, although you absolutely have no idea what you did to enable this.

Thank you for another enrichment in my present existence. The person and I will now get to know each other all over again.

I send you all heartfelt blessings and thanks again.
Namaste
Ayna

#178 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

Have you ever met any of these people ?

Exactly My point!
Have you?
I don't need you to believe I'm right .
There has always been and always will be different forms of witch burnings......
for lack of another term to get my point accross.

Right again and that is exactly what I was doing giving an opinion!
My tone was not ment to hurt some fragile feelings.
Have you dropped some serious money on one of these so called predators?

I believe we have to make personal choices in life and to each his own.

A few people on this forum should learn to take chill pills.
Life is way too short .

I just got back from a seventeen year olds funeral today and I think I will hug my kids ,feel their warmth and love and be glad for the life that I have.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#179 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:28 PM

Hey Vampy - any spells that'll help people understand the English language?

Then You could learn to read that would be great!!!!!

lmao
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#180 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:45 PM

Hey Vampy - any spells that'll help people understand the English language?

Then You could learn to read that would be great!!!!!

lmao

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was uncalled for.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users