1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Curses are a funny thing (unless you’re cursed). Believe that you’re cursed, and you are. You start to focus on little things that go wrong: your fall down the stairs, the fender-bender with your car, not winning a World Series for 86 years; these little things start to compound and make you look for a cause. Once you think you've found that cause, nothing seems to go right until you can find a way to break that curse. On the flip side, can we have such malicious intent that we can impose our will on an object or person to the point of causing them to suffer? This concept has been around for a long time and goes by many names: curse, evil eye, and bad juju to name a few. 

Curses are referenced in history books and in religious texts. In the Bible (Genesis 3:14), God curses the serpent for tempting Eve and Adam in the Garden of Eden. “Because you have done this, cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.” Tough break for the snake. This month we’re going to explore the subject of curses a little deeper. We’ll look at bad luck charms, famous (and infamous) curses, and your own experiences with events that are more than just bad luck.

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor, Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 DkPhoenix

DkPhoenix

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hello Jeff!
I was just wondering about a possible curse being tied to artifacts that came from Vietnam from a veteran of the Vietnam War that is now deceased and there has been a listing of paranormal incidents along the line from him down to now. I have pics of a statue and a mask <both are hand carved and wooden> and I am having issues finding ANYTHING about their heritage and/or intent. I was just wondering if by chance you might be able to help me to find this out and whether or not we need to get these artifacts out of the house....if these things/ this thing here is tied to it/them.

Sincerely,
Dk Phoenix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users