• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

So the Halloween topic just got me thinking about this. What movie or movies from the past would you like to see remade. Surely modern technology would do wonders for some of those old classics. Do you think that it could possibly be more horrifying than the original? Just curious.

For example- We all know Texas Chainsaw was redone. I personally think they did a good job. Even though I wasn't that thrilled with the remake of Amityville Horror I think the newness added an element of fear to it.

I think I'd like to see a remake of Poltergeist. Could you imagine what that would be like with some CGI. Either that or Children of the Corn. I just think some of these movies could use a make over.

Any thoughts?
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#2 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

Nightmare on elm street and only if Johnny Depp was still in it :hug:

or even Hellraiser would be good.
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#3 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

My thoughts exactly! lol
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#4 JimDe

JimDe

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

Great topic...
The Exorcist, Helter Skelter or 13 Ghosts produced by either Mel Gibson or Oliver Stone would be mind blowing.
Posted Image

#5 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

Great topic...
The Exorcist, Helter Skelter or 13 Ghosts produced by either Mel Gibson or Oliver Stone would be mind blowing.

I have to agree with you here, I think The Exorcist (the originial) would be amazing if it was redone. I thought when they did "the exorcist the beginning" that it turned out very good.
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#6 DeadWatch

DeadWatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

Clive Barker is in the process of writing a new script for Hellraiser...as for any other movies that should be redone...not too sure...some movies were directed in such a way that to add CGI to them would take away from the whole effect of the movie.
Todd BanksFounder/DirectorThe DeadWatch SocietyPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

Deadwatch, that made my day!

#8 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

Great topic...

They already did 13 ghosts. I think that could have been better though. I agree with everyone though. I would love to see The Exorcist, new. I wouldn't mind maybe seeing an Eli Roth twist on some things.

#9 JimDe

JimDe

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

I didn’t care for the recent remake of 13 Ghosts, but I love the original. I would like to see a director/producer like Mel Gibson run with that... the guy is a master producer. I thought The Passion of the Christ was the most intense and disturbing movie I ever saw. There were widespread reports of people fainting and buggin out in the theaters, and I believe I read at least one person had a heart attack. I think if he can do that with a story about Jesus... if he did The Exorcist they’d have to station EMS crews in the lobbies...
Posted Image

#10 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

I'd also like to see some of the cheezier ones remade. Maybe some Deranged or a little Motel Hell. They were classic cheezy but could have potential to be pretty good horror flicks.

#11 anthonycashmere

anthonycashmere

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:04 PM

All,
I am writing in the process of writing a screenplay for the remake of " THE SCREAMING SKULL"!!! It's my all time favorite horror film!!!

Anthony

#12 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:37 AM

With today's technology, I'd like to see a remake of The Blob.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#13 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:51 AM

I'd love to see remakes of the Phantasm series. I would like to see someone like Guillermo Del Toro, or even Takashi Shimizu direct it.

I often wonder if they did do a remake of The Changling would be good or would they totally ruin it?
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#14 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

I'd be a little weary about and updated Changeling. The original is great. I'd have to think about that one.

I like the blob idea.

I'd like to see a really great remake of The Shining!!! That would be awesome!

#15 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:50 PM

I'd be a little weary about and updated Changeling. The original is great. I'd have to think about that one.

I agree.... I've been debating that... I sure would love to see it remade, though... maybe with Jack Nicholson trying on George C. Scott's very serious role for a change....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)