I'm trying to find a movie!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:10 PM

I remember seeing a movie about 30 or so years ago that was about a couple who I believe had just moved into a house that had either aliens or little gremlin like men of some sort in it. There was also a fireplace in the house that was sealed off with bricks. I recall at some point in the film, the woman opened the ash door on the side of the fireplace and was attacked by one of the creatures.

It's been 30+ years since I've seen the movie so my memory of it is vague, at best. If anyone remembers seeing this movie and remembers the title I'd like to try and find it. Let me know if you have any info!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

Ghoulies?
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

Gee, I'm trying to recall such a movie but am having a hard time. Was this a movie you saw in a theater, or a TV movie?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#4 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

I remember something like that & in the end they drug (?) her off into the house....wall, fireplace....whatever....is that the one that you are thinking of??? I don't remember the name of it....sorry.

I'll work on it.....let me know if we are talking about the same movie!!!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#5 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:17 AM

I remember something like that & in the end they drug (?) her off into the house....wall, fireplace....whatever....is that the one that you are thinking of???  I don't remember the name of it....sorry. 

I'll work on it.....let me know if we are talking about the same movie!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the same one I remember. They pulled her in through the door.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

Gee, I'm trying to recall such a movie but am having a hard time. Was this a movie you saw in a theater, or a TV movie?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw the movie on TV back around 1975 but it may have been a theatrical film first. I was only around 10 or 11 years old and the movie scared the by-golly out of me.

#7 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:27 AM

Aha!!!! The movie was "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" made in 1973 for TV.

Here's the plot summary!

A neurotic housewife named Sally and her business exec husband move into Sally's family house, a spooky two story Victorian mansion. When Sally starts the redecorating along with her pompous decorator she comes across a locked room in the house. After arguing with the handyman who insists she should leave the room locked, she finally gets the key. But once she opens her father's old study and has the bricks from the fireplace removed, strange things begin to happen. Sally begins to see small creatures everywhere, but no one will believe her. Her husband dismisses her as neurotic and her friend thinks Sally may be loosing her mind. But things take a deadly serious turn when the decorator trips at the top of the stairs and falls to his death. Sally sees a rope lying across the place where he tripped, but when she picks it up to take it, a horrifying little creature pulls it from her grasp. Is she crazy? Or has Sally released demons in the house, demons her father summoned?

#8 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:38 AM

I have seen that movie for sale everywhere but I don't think I have ever watched it. I guess I'll have to go check it out.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:57 AM

How did you find that Axman???

#10 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:21 AM

Sounds interesting! Glad you remembered the name of it. I will have to check it out.
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#11 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:54 AM

Sounds familiar, like I've seen it in a play before!! Definitely a good rental for Halloween!!
Posted Image

#12 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:19 AM

How did you find that Axman???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to The Internet Movie Database and used the search function in the upper left corner! Used the drop down menu to select "plots", then typed in the word FIREPLACE (since that was the image I kept remembering), then clicked the "gp" button!

#13 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:20 AM

That was supposed to be the "go" button!

#14 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:53 AM

Ahhh, I see....thanks for the info!

#15 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

Aha!!!! The movie was "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" made in 1973 for TV.

Is there a scene in that movie where someone is in a bed, and they're afraid to put their feet on the floor because the little creatures will get them? I remember the bricks, the bed and the fact there were creatures involved . . .

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users