• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dark author

dark author

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

Greetings from the other side,
I have written a book titled Vengeful Spirits. It was published through Authorhouse last year. Right now I am shopping agents to have it professionally published. Hope to hear something soon.
The story starts off in 1865, during the Civil War, in Madison Ga. The owners of the Wells plantation, Josiah and Miriam Wells invite Confederate soldiers to camp on their plantation on their way to the front lines of war. General Sherman visits the plantation on his way to Atlanta and spares the place and it's owners. A group of renegade Union soldiers known as "Bummers" don't share Sherman's compassion of the plantation and murder the slaves and the owners after pillaging the entire estate. Out of the group of six men only four were caught and hanged for their crimes. The two that got away managed to die of old age after fathering children.

One-hundred years later, one of these sons is a sheriff's deputy in the very town that his grandfather comitted the murders in 1865. He knows about his famlies history and hopes that his secret can be kept from the local towns people.
The other son moves to Georgia from Tenn. and buys the Wells plantation house for his wife to start a bed & breakfast. He knows nothing about what his grandfather did during the war or the crimes he'd comitted in the past.
Once he and his family move into the old plantation house, the spirits of the murdered seek their revenge for the crimes comitted over a century ago.
The two sons meet and uncover the bitter truth about their families past. As the paranormal activity rises and intensifies the two sons must find out how to soothe the angry ghosts that inhabit the Wells plantation before it's too late.
What the two sons don't know is that sins were comitted that were never recorded in any pages of history. Read and find out if Alex and Eddie can quell the spirits before the spirits can exact their vengence for the innocent blood that was spilled before they were even born. History may have forgotten what happened that June night in 1865 but the dead never forget.

If you are interested in reading a teaser from the book or you would like to order on e, go to www.authorhouse.com and go to the bookstore. Enter "Vengeful Spirits" in the search window at the to of the screen and it will take you right to it. Let me know what ya'll think
Dark Author

#2 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

It always a pleasure to hear of someone taking the initiative to self-publish. I went that route with my first book in 1997 and will most likely do the same with the two books that I'm presently working on, only with a bit more knowledge this time.

It's difficult for new authors to have a publisher take them into their fold however, not impossible. You must present to a publisher some sort of a track record of any articles have written along with proof of your ability to promote the sale of your work -- lecturing, radio and TV shows, book signings, etc. In other words, you must sell yourself.

For my two new books Jeff B. initially directed me to a book "How To Write A Book Proposal (to be sent to prospective publishers) by Michael Larsen. You local library may have a copy however, I believe that it is obtainable through Amazon.

I can tell you that that I made the mistakes with my first self-published book however, I may have been fortunate, as it sold over one thousand copies in 22+ countries.

Best of luck,

Richard

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 24 August 2007 - 08:11 AM.

Published Author and Paranormal Archaeologist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users