• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua

Joshua

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

We've got an Olympus WS-300M that we use as our primary audio recorder but I'm having trouble getting a good program to convert from the WMA format to the MP3 format so I can work with the recordings in Audacity. The last program I had would freeze about 90% through and we would end up with an incomplete audio file.

Does anyone know of a good conversion program? I tried using Audacity but when it opens a WMA file it plays it as one quick 'screech' and when converting it converts it the same way. I've even tried to set it to a different rate that doesn't work either.
Joshua W.Co-FounderOhio Society for Paranormal Investigation

#2 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

It's an old program but Cakewalk's Pyro 2003 was really good at converting from WMA to MP3. You may be able to find copies out there somewhere:

Check here!

Also check their website here for updated software.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#3 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

I use audacity, with a file called lame it converts quickly and easily.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#4 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

I use a program called Super... Does real well... It's a free download... Just google Super and it'll take you right to where you can download it...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#5 reapr

reapr

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Wisdom, Knowledge and Truth.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:21 AM

I used one called Advanced Audio Converter it is free google it ... then brought it inot audacity. BTW I have the same recorder it is great!
People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe. Andy Rooney

#6 giaps

giaps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

Audacity is a free download that will convert your files and allow you to tag and filter your evps. Here's the link for the free download.

Audacity Link

If you'd like to hear a couple evps I converted and clipped with Audacity check out my team's site at GIAPS.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users