More SLIder weirdness...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:21 AM

Hi...my name is Mystic Hippy and I am a SLIder. I've been a SLIder for a long time. I turn off street lamps, stall car engines, burn out computer circuits, burn out light bulbs, etc. Friday night at work I seem to have developed yet another SLIder characteristic.

I work at a plant that manufactures vinyl windows and patio doors. I work on a line that makes the window sashes. One type of window we make on that line requires me to insert metal pieces inside the sash pieces and secure them with screws. This particular window requires me to hand secure 4 sash pieces with 3 screws each. When I do this I generally grab a small handful of screws and hold them in one hand while I screw them into the sash pieces with the other hand. I noticed that as I was holding the screws in my hand they started becoming magnetized and clumping together.

Any other SLIders out there? Have you been picking up any new characteristics?
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:54 AM

Hiya Mystic!! :Spaz:

I'm not sure if I'm a SLIder, but when there's a thunderstorm going on, I have to take off my watch before going outside to enjoy it (I LOVE thunderstorms) or I'll short out my watch. Not to mention the taste I get in my mouth. I can make lightbulbs flicker when I'm really sick (weird eh?), too.

I think what you're able to do is pretty neat!!! I never even knew there was a name for this....thank you!! What does SLIder stand for?
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

What does SLIder stand for?

SLIder was coined from the phrase "Street Light Interference". This was a term originally attributed to people who have the effect of causing street lights to flicker or go out temporarily when they get near them by walking under them or driving by. There are quite a few other effects caused by SLIders.

In my opinion, it's based on psychokinesis. Psychokinesis is kinetic energy causing effects on physical objects without conscious effort on the part of the person generating the energy whereas telekinesis is consciously generated.

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

I can't wear watches and when upset I blow out small applicances.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

MH couldn't wear watches until he got a WallyWorld cheapie that had the fabric band that threads under the watch itself. That seems to act like enough of a barrier to keep it running. Something else I never quite figured out.........he can wear high grade sterling silver with no problem but gold, no matter whether it's 10 14 or 18k will blister his skin within an hour and the metal will turn black. We will not EVEN go into what happens to electronics around here when he gets upset :)

#6 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

Are you born a SLider or may I become one? Do we have this in us and it's just a matter of bringing it out and developing it?

#7 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Are you born a SLider or may I become one? Do we have this in us and it's just a matter of bringing it out and developing it?

The following is merely my opinion. I believe we are all born with psychic abilities. I believe that SLIding is based in psychokinesis. If one makes a conscious effort to develop those traits it would tip the balance toward telekinesis and no longer be considered SLIding. However, I am not well educated in the area of SLIding and would have to research it further.

If you would like to practice TK you can make a tool quite easily with a paper clip and a piece of paper. Cut a small piece of paper into a wide X shape. Fold to make a crease along both lines. Bend one end of the paper clip so that it will stand up on a table. Balance the center of the X on the end of the paper clip wire so that it will freely spin. Concentrate on making it spin.

Of course there are a slew of other odds and ends you can use to help you focus your TK. I used to use a candle flame. I would concentrate on the hole in the flame near the wick.

#8 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

I'll be trying and I'll let you know the results...say hi to frither MH...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users