34 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

You can't study ghosts without also taking a close look at history. There seem to be few rules as to how hauntings work and where the supernatural can be found, but we do see trends, and we do know hotspots. Wherever history, especially tragic history, left its mark, ghosts seem to follow. If this holds true (and I think it does given the evidence), then historic battlefields are among the world's most haunted locales.

This month I'm proud to announce the arrival of my new book, Ghosts of War: Restless Spirits of Soldiers, Spies, and Saboteurs. This is a closer look at history than I've done with my previous books.

In researching and writing Ghosts of War, I was somewhat surprised at how some people found the notion of haunted battle sites as dishonorable. Nothing could be further from the truth! First, it's possible there are no tortured or discarnate souls wandering these battle grounds at all. In many instances, the hauntings seem to be residual -- meaning such a powerful event took place that it left a permanent mark on the area, and for some reason some people are able to pick up on it. In other cases, these ghosts of soldiers seem bound by duty to keep their watch -- ensuring the safety of their fort, their comrades, and their country. No matter the cause of the restless spirits, the effect is that we are forced to look back into history and understand why these men and women fought and died. Sometimes we can even figure out who these ghosts were in life -- taking them out of some cold statistical category and giving them a name, a place of birth, family, friends, and a story that comes with each human being. Paranormal investigating is always important work, but when it comes to exploring spirits of history, the work almost becomes sacred.

This month we're going to discuss haunted battle sites, how war affects supernatural research, and your own brush with fallen soldiers.

I appreciate the support you all have given me with my work. I hope you'll continue to support me and Ghostvillage.com by picking up a copy of my new book!

Posted Image
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

So very true Jeff!!!

Can't wait to get this one....on my way out the door!

I have a new story to tell about Little Big Horn. (just haven't done it yet)

Keep them coming Jeff!

Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:56 AM

Congratulations on the new book, Jeff! :hug:
Posted Image

#4 Ambra

Ambra

Should not travel without a map

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, of course, reading, arts and crafts, particularly cross-stitch, movies.

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

I'll have to pick up 2 copies, one for myself and one for my step-dad for Christmas!
I got smacked by aloha spirit!Posted Image

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:09 PM

~We've had a few here at Ghost Village take and post pics from battlefields...keeps me on the edge of my seat!!!! I'm so interested in the spirits on any battlefield, I can only imagine how great this new book is going to be! Great job and yes...keep 'em coming!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 Soul09Seeker

Soul09Seeker

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, Native American Culture, Metaphysics, Precognition, Reincarnation, Numerology, Paranormal. I'm a paranormal investigator with O.R.I.O.N.<br /><br />Check our website out:<br />www.orionparanormal.com<br /><br />Check out our new Forum<br /><br />www.orionparanormal.com/forum/index.php

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:28 PM

I just recently had bought this book and its fascinating!! One of my members on my team is a Civil War buff and loves to investigate Civil War Battlefields.

#7 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

Just picked up a copy!
Posted Image

#8 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:51 AM

I'm gonna have to pick it up too.

I was kind of surprised when I found out tonight that my home town of Toledo, OH had a major battle here during the war of 1812. I knew about Fort Meigs and that there was some fighting there, but I didn't know the extent of that fighting. Apparently the Battle at Falling Timbers was pretty big. They have the land marked so I need to go check it out some time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:27 PM

hey jeff
i really like the books you come up with , i just ordered the ghosts of war book from the city,
i had our haunted lives , but i got something on it and now have to buy another.

your
Saskawanian , Canada
Spiritlady :clap:
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#10 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

Hey Jeff,

Tucker is doing a report on Ghosts of War. He thinks he will probably focus on the Alamo chapter but he has to do some sort of creative project along with a book report. He might construct a model of the fort. He absolutely loves the book!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#11 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

Thanks, Jen! That's great to hear.

B)

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#12 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

great book as usaul jeff :D :clap: :clap:
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#13 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:13 AM

So very true Jeff!!!

Can't wait to get this one....on my way out the door!

I have a new story to tell about Little Big Horn. (just haven't done it yet)

Keep them coming Jeff!

Leslie

Leslie,

When you get your copy please read Chapter 27 as Jeff colaborated with me on this chapter, devoted to what I do "World War II Artifacts and Paranormal Archeology". I'm very greatful to Jeff for including me in his book.

Richard

"He who asserts must also prove" - Aristotle

#14 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

I have Richard....I actually bought Jeff's book in Nov. and he signed it when I met him on the Queen Mary at Ghostfest here in CA.

I ejoyed Chapter 27 very much. You have done some interesting work. I know many of these things are quite true. I go to a lot of antique swapmeets etc. and I am overcome with holding objects and sensing so many things. I have noticed I either smile a lot with a great sense of joy and many times I begin to cry, I have to walk away at this point because I don't want people to see me. I have had this "gift" all my life, but more recently it has grown with intensity. I never knew what to really call it till I came to GV and learned I'm an empath along with other things.
I have lived with spirits in my home for over 23 years now. I never got so deep into this world until we found out my daughter's gift was so strong. She had kept it secret until about 8-9 years ago. I always thought it was the childhood gift of seeing spirits. Anyway thats a long story....I don't want to bore you with rambling.

I think its fantastic what you are working on and have been able to accomplish in this area. There are those days when I feel like banging my head on a wall when it comes to the sceptics. I'm glad too that you have used a "digital" camera also and caught something in that gasmask. There are so many who believe they are not solid as any kind of evidence in this field. I truly believe they are more sensitive to the paranormal world than we know and that they will play an important part in this work as we continue to look for answers.
If you get the time, please take a look at what I have been working on in Spiritography here. Indian Sites #1-5 and Blue Orb Project. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#15 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:42 PM

i have the first two books.at work we talk about the ghosts from around ohio.also about certain books.i mentioned jeffs.we also have a rumor that we have a male and female ghost at work.little things that come off the hook.when no one is there.also while i was working a battery flew from the air and landed on the table next to me.the battery is so small it can be put in your ear canal.one guy swears someone walked past him very fast but there was no one around him.so i got up from my seat and walked past him and said did it feel like this...he felt the swoosh of me walking fast.he said yeah it did.very weird.if we do have a ghost.i think it wants to be known.we joke about it all the time.

the "ghosts of war" is it about american history or european history?someone must have read it by now.must tell me.i love that sort of thing.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users