• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:11 PM

First of all I just want to say hi because I'm new here, i'm 15 and I'm from the UK.

I believe in ghosts/spirits, EVP'S etc.......................

Recently we have had a family friend that has passed away. He was 84.

He used to own a small garage down the same street as my grandad lives on, he felt his job was extremely important and he always put the customers first no matter what, he was always there. You might even say he had an emotional attatchment to the place.

Now, every lunch time at 1:00pm he would walk back home to his wife to have lunch, (he always rang the doorbell because he forgot his keys).

Now that he has passed away I have noticed things.

His wife is on the phone to us most of the time because she is obviously upset and concerned about the funeral which is on Tuesday, which is what my dad will be doing because he is an undertaker.

She told us that the day after he had died her t.v and her radio went on the blink.
ie: she couldn't get any stations on her radio or any channels on her tv. (this happend at the same time). Coincidence? Or possibly an Evp?

As a tribute to him at the funeral his own cars will be used. So me and my dad went round to his garage tonight to prepare his car. (The garage has now been emptied out and is being unused at the moment).

Now, I dont know if any of you know what I mean, but when you go into the garage there is an old office that you go up steps to get into the office?

Well anyway, this office had not been used since the 70's. And as we were preparing his car something caught my eye.
I could see that in the office the lights were blinking on and off. My first thought was 'Oh god! Someone has broken in and was up there.
I told my dad and he carefully went up there telling the person to come out.
He found no one up there and so he turned the light off and continued with the car, then the light came on again. This happened about 5 times before we turned the electricity off at the mains.

The weird thing is it had not been used since the 70's and also the light up there had not ever been working before.

Was he just trying to show us he was still around? I'm not sure. What do you think?

#2 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:51 PM

Welcome to GV!

Sorry to hear about your friend, but that sounds exactly like he's communicating with you. By what you said, that was probably his favorite place to be and maybe this was just his way of letting you know he is still around!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#3 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:39 AM

Welcome to GV!

Sorry to hear about your friend, but that sounds exactly like he's communicating with you. By what you said, that was probably his favorite place to be and maybe this was just his way of letting you know he is still around!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok thanks for that.

I've read through what I wrote above and I'd like to add something to this:

'He would go home to his wife everyday at 1:00pm for lunch, and would ring the bell because he always left his doorkeys.'

The reason I put that in there was because his wife has told us that every day at 1pm when she has been taking a nap, she has been woken up by what sounds like the doorbell ringing.

She may just be imaging it, or maybe it's his way of showing her he's still around.

#4 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:32 AM

Welcome to GV!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok thanks for that.

I've read through what I wrote above and I'd like to add something to this:

'He would go home to his wife everyday at 1:00pm for lunch, and would ring the bell because he always left his doorkeys.'

The reason I put that in there was because his wife has told us that every day at 1pm when she has been taking a nap, she has been woken up by what sounds like the doorbell ringing.

She may just be imaging it, or maybe it's his way of showing her he's still around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since the flashing lights incident I've also had the taste of old Rolls-Royce smell. (Do you know what I mean?) He has a garage just a bit further up the road full of old Rolls-Royces which he used for weddings. (Although he stopped that a long time ago). Sometimes me and my dad would take them out on drives to get them started up and working.

Again this is probably just a coincidence - but an interesting one.

Also, do you think I should investigate all this further?

If you do could you tell me how I should do it?

#5 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

Do any of you know what I'm talking about?

#6 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:54 AM

Welcome to Ghost Village Jjr89, glad you found us.
Sounds to me as if everything you've described so far has a very good potential for his manifesting himself to let everyone know he's still around. Tastes, smells, the experience you witnessed with the lights in the office and so forth. Sounds to me like you're already on your way to conducting a great investigation and doing a good job of it by making note of all your experiences so far. The only part that makes me wonder a bit is when you mentioned his wife will take naps around the time he used to come home and will be waken by the sound of the door buzzer.

To me that could go two ways.
1. It could be psychological as a result of her being used to it happening for so long... At the same time each day, he'd ring the buzzer to let her know he's home for lunch, now that he's not around it could be something she's still hearing because she's been accustomed to it for so long.
2. It could be an actual manifestation of sound to let her know he's still there to visit with her as usual.
I think one of the only ways that could be determined is if it were happening on a regular basis and she's awake at the time.

The experience she had with the t.v. and radio the day after he died could be a good indication that he manifested himself. Had she any other unusual/odd experiences since which reminded her of his being there? (Noticed any smells, tastes, feelings which she could associate with him?)
If she's inclined to permit you it may be a good idea to try and take pictures of her home (Best idea would have her do so when/if she feels his presence with her)
Collecting e.v.p. is a good idea also you or she could do this. Just get a basic tape recorder with a microphone (Use one side of the tape only so as not to taint the evidence with anything that could be on the other side of the tape) and hold a question and answer session. Ask general interest questions, who is there, whats their name, do they still visit, have they been to the light yet, etc...
Always leave a bit of time between each question for any spirits to answer and dont be discouraged if nothing comes out of it the first time. Sometimes it takes a few sessions to get any results. Other places you could conduct your investigation is at his garage. Is it still open? Can you talk with any employees he had to see if they had any unusual experiences to share since his passing or perhaps any others of his friends and family? If not you could still try to collect some pics and e.v.p. from there as long as you're permitted.
Definitely keep your eyes open for any unusual things happening around you and take as many notes as you can.
Hope that helped you out some and happy hunting ;)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

Welcome to Ghost Village Jjr89, glad you found us.
Sounds to me as if everything you've described so far has a very good potential for his manifesting himself to let everyone know he's still around.  Tastes, smells, the experience you witnessed with the lights in the office and so forth.  Sounds to me like you're already on your way to conducting a great investigation and doing a good job of it by making note of all your experiences so far.  The only part that makes me wonder a bit is when you mentioned his wife will take naps around the time he used to come home and will be waken by the sound of the door buzzer.

To me that could go two ways. 
1.  It could be psychological as a result of her being used to it happening for so long...  At the same time each day, he'd ring the buzzer to let her know he's home for lunch, now that he's not around it could be something she's still hearing because she's been accustomed to it for so long.
2.  It could be an actual manifestation of sound to let her know he's still there to visit with her as usual.
I think one of the only ways that could be determined is if it were happening on a regular basis and she's awake at the time.

The experience she had with the t.v. and radio the day after he died could be a good indication that he manifested himself.  Had she any other unusual/odd experiences since which reminded her of his being there? (Noticed any smells, tastes, feelings which she could associate with him?)
If she's inclined to permit you it may be a good idea to try and take pictures of her home (Best idea would have her do so when/if she feels his presence with her)
Collecting e.v.p. is a good idea also you or she could do this.  Just get a basic tape recorder with a microphone (Use one side of the tape only so as not to taint the evidence with anything that could be on the other side of the tape) and hold a question and answer session.  Ask general interest questions, who is there, whats their name, do they still visit, have they been to the light yet, etc...
Always leave a bit of time between each question for any spirits to answer and dont be discouraged if nothing comes out of it the first time.  Sometimes it takes a few sessions to get any results.  Other places you could conduct your investigation is at his garage.  Is it still open? Can you talk with any employees he had to see if they had any unusual experiences to share since his passing or perhaps any others of his friends and family?  If not you could still try to collect some pics and e.v.p. from there as long as you're permitted.
Definitely keep your eyes open for any unusual things happening around you and take as many notes as you can.
Hope that helped you out some and happy hunting :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that, it helped alot. But when you say leave time between each question how much time do you mean?
The garage isn't open for the public but I can go in whenever I want because we have keys for it. (Dont worry it's ok, it's allowed) Which garage do you think I would get better results in? The car garage or the main garage?
I think the main garage because that's where everything has happened so far.

#8 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:33 PM

I would say for starters to leave at least 20-30 seconds open between each question before you ask the next. Some have been heard to answer as immediately as athe question had been asked and others it takes a bit of time to ansewr back.
Definitely the best place to begin conducting your investigation is where the most activity has taken place so the main garage is the ideal choice for you :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

I would say for starters to leave at least 20-30 seconds open between each question before you ask the next.  Some have been heard to answer as immediately as athe question had been asked and others it takes a bit of time to ansewr back.
Definitely the best place to begin conducting your investigation is where the most activity has taken place so the main garage is the ideal choice for you :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, thanks.

Now the only thing I have to sort out is a tape recorder. I dont really have a decent one.

#10 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:36 PM

She told us that the day after he had died her t.v and her radio went on the blink.
ie: she couldn't get any stations on her radio or any channels on her tv. (this happend at the same time). Coincidence? Or possibly an Evp?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We had some nasty solar flares that week (I'd have to check which day), and solar flares can interrupt wireless and cell phones, TV, radio, and most other signals that travel through the air. These flares were so bad they interrupted my cable TV.

I'm not saying that the experience wasn't paranormal, but I'd like to keep an open mind on mundane causes.

he turned the light off and continued with the car, then the light came on again. This happened about 5 times before we turned the electricity off at the mains.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This seems a much stronger indication that his spirit is still around.

Anything happen since the funeral?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#11 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:53 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We had some nasty solar flares that week (I'd have to check which day), and solar flares can interrupt wireless and cell phones, TV, radio, and most other signals that travel through the air. These flares were so bad they interrupted my cable TV.

I'm not saying that the experience wasn't paranormal, but I'd like to keep an open mind on mundane causes.

he turned the light off and continued with the car, then the light came on again. This happened about 5 times before we turned the electricity off at the mains.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This seems a much stronger indication that his spirit is still around.

Anything happen since the funeral?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know I havent been there since.

#12 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:14 AM

Hi jjr89, and welcome to GV!

Would it be possible to take some photographs? Perhaps the front of his house at 1 pm would be a good idea, or pics of the area of the garage. I'd try to be unobtrusive about it, of course, so as not to upset his widow. Is it possible?
Posted Image

#13 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:17 AM

It sounds to me as well like he is communicating with you. I am sorry for the loss though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users