FAMILY LORE???

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading, rock climing, nature hikes, Research on the unknown,and taking my kids to their games.

Posted 19 December 2003 - 02:07 PM

??? ??? ??? ???
    HEY OUT THERE!!!, DO YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF FAMILY HISTORY INTO THE PARANORMAL????
     IF SO WHY NOT COME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND SHARE SOME OF THOSE INSIGHTS WITH THOSE OF US WHO ARE INTERESTED?

BE  8)! STAY ALIVE!!!~ :) ;D ;D
If Angels had Wings; Devils had Horns:Then By Golly, We where given Thorns!!!!!1

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 05:10 PM

Hi, Shtina,
Cool topic, My Mum and Grandmum were who my ability, at least the latent ability came from and as much as my Mom talked about being the 7th daughter of a 7th daughter*LOL*and the fact that I was convinced she had a crystal ball at least as far as who I was going to meet and what I was doing [smiley=cwm1.gif]

I think it scared her a lot. I remember talking to a woman in our basement-I was like 5, so it really didn't register that the woman didn't belong*but my Mom came down and FREAKED to see me talking to empty air, she grabs my arm and tells me not to tell anyone about it or the people I see. I'm not sure if it was a matter of her having a traumatic experience or whether or not she was just worried about what people would say [smiley=cwm15.gif]
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading, rock climing, nature hikes, Research on the unknown,and taking my kids to their games.

Posted 22 December 2003 - 10:59 PM

[smiley=cwm9.gif] [smiley=cwm40.gif]Whispers..HI again....

My family lore into the paranormal goes back generations I supose I inherited my abiliteis and alot- a- so called "NORMAL" BEINGS would think us crazy and want to put us away for thining such.lol... [smiley=cwm37.gif]

We can do things such as cure thrash(as your mum),make remidies from herbs, see the future/past,and talk with the unseen this is only to name a few. [smiley=cwm39.gif]
           LATER>>>

If Angels had Wings; Devils had Horns:Then By Golly, We where given Thorns!!!!!1

#4 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:23 PM

does coming from a long line of Indian healers, and SPirit talkers count? as far as we know, it runs back to the Old Days, on my mother's side.... oddly enough, only my grandfather, and I (who also oddly share a name) are the only men, in the family, which it shows in.

#5 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:30 AM

WELCOME... UnkleBUNNY!!!!!

8)Hummmm...Indian healers and spirit talkers.. Interesting!!!
 There were one of them on my dads side as well. My great granddad. He could stop someone from bleeding without being there. Do your people do this? Do they us herbs and stuff to heal? How about the spirit talkers?...Sorry about the 50 Questons, but this is familier and interesting to me..

By the way, there maybe other males that posses this gift, but do they have to show it?

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:18 AM

Hey, Shtina,
WOW...Sounds like you have a very strong gift running in your family and from the way you've described it, its a very predominant one as well as far as more people inheriting it in a given generation. In most cases, its one person with frequent skips in generations. There's something
I'm dying to ask but will pm it.

[smiley=cwm28.gif]I call it Witch Hunter syndrome*pun fully intended*and its not a very admirable trait in our species, others tend to shy from or persecute what they fear, is different, can't understand or can't control. The important thing is you know you use your Gifts to help others. [smiley=cwm9.gif]

Hi, Unkle Bunny,
If I can ask, the Healer's Gene is the more female linked gene or are both traits/gifts more predominant in females? Is your Grandfather and family traditional tribal? Do you use anything, herbs, fetishes to heal? Is it a prayer? Can you see spirits as well as hear them?

One of my profs was a Faith Healer and kind of took me under his wing as to how's and the limits that exist*um...that part took years and years to sink in, if you could believe it [smiley=cwm4.gif]
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:36 PM

well it just seems, the gifts are more prevelent in the women of the family...and as far as we know, there's been no other male healers, besides, my grandfather, and I....I being the only living one, at least known to me.... pretty much, we have innate herbal knowlege, what I call Folk doctoring(ie, being able to do simple treatment, and such) pain removal, and such.... my own personal expereince, I have done quite a bit of pain removal, as well as herbal work....again, we aren't really sure, why it seems to run in the women, it just has...
  to answer the question of tradition, while he himself wasn't raised in the tribe, he preserved a lot of traditions, and passed them to my mother, who has passed them to me...I guess you could call me a bit of a Neo-Traditionalist. my practice, is also part of my faith. and yes, faith is very important to my family, in this sense. we mostly use prayer, song, herbs, tobacco, and stones, in our healing.

now to touch on the Spirit Talker part. I personally, can hear, see, and feel spirits. I have since I was about 12, talking to a friend,when his recently passed sister showed up. also I can pick up residual emotions, of a location, being a very sensitive Emapth, as well. I'm also a bit telemetric, which also plays into my practicce, in that the power of touch, is a big thing for us... the way taught to me, is a healer heals the mind, and spirit, as well as the body... if anyone's got any more questions, fire away!

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:11 PM

GREAT BLOODY HECK! I stand in awe, Unkle Bunny...chemistry was never my strong suit so I stick mainly to aromatherapeutic advice as I'd prolly end up poisoning the unlucky bloke if I had to mix an ingestable*irritants if it was a topical.

Prayer seems to be a common denominator, especially if its a progressive disease or grievious injury...if you'll allow an over simplification, Sir Bunny, its a matter of asking the Divine if its not this person's time*also asking the person if they wish it if you can clear it with the Big G*and if they're willing to let you serve as a conduit of Their Power. I have seen Healers try to bypass asking the person to be healed if they want to, in fact, be healed

#9 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:13 PM

Does the word "Castle" have any knowledge to it? Not realy one of course.

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 11:11 PM

Hey, Shtina,I don't think I understand, 'Miga. Are you referring to Telemetry?

#11 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 26 December 2003 - 12:54 PM

I wish I could contribute.  My family was bizarre but not psychic (I don't think).  Psycho maybe!  The were't dull and they did attract some unusual people.  :)

#12 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:38 PM

*LOL*I sympathize, Annalisa, my friends call me a weirdness magnet [smiley=cwm2.gif]

#13 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 05:06 PM

I'm a weirdo magnet myself, doesn't matter where I go or who I'm with they just zero in and go for the kill. [smiley=cwm8.gif]

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:52 AM

*LOL*I sympathize, man

#15 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 December 2003 - 10:54 AM

My family has a history with the paranormal.  I was told about it till I was 9.  Even now we don't discuss much.

Here are some experiences I'm pretty sure I can share.

My father wrestled with the devil when he was around 12.  I'm talking a physical fight.  When he received his Patriarchal Blessing at 17, the patriarch declared that my father, along with Michael (the archangel), had personally cast Satan out of heaven after the big war.

My paternal grandfather was a patriarch (no, he wasn't the one who gave the afore-mentioned blessing).  As a patriarch, he would lay his hands a the person's head, say a few standard words, then go into a trance and let the Spirit talk through him.  Since most people only receive one Patriarchal Blessing, it is recorded then typed up.

On one occassion, my grandfather laid his hands on this young man's head, called out the youth's name and declared his own authority.  Right then his mind went blank.  No words were coming.  My grandfather tried to say "standard filler," but his tongue was tied.  He removed his hands and the two of them prayed to know what was wrong.  Grandfather tried again without success.  Again they prayed.  At this point, grandpa looked at the cassette player - no one had pressed record!  Once the tape recorded was working, the boy's blessing flowed.

My 3rd great grandfather (paternal side) still roams the hills of Arkansas.  You see, this progenitorhad endured a lot during this lifetime, both physically and spiritually.  As a youth he was always connected to the other side.  Something unseen was driving him.  In his early 30s he felt prompted to sell his farm and preach the gospel along the mighty river.  One night he decided to get off the boat with his family.  Parley had no idea where he was, but was led to a Mormon settlement.  He instantly converted to Mormonism with his family.  Parley was even one of the first apostles of the 1900s.  After crossing the plains to Deseret, Parley was called to go on a mission to Arkansas.  When he was heading back to the Rockies, a man shot him in the back.  Parley can still be seen roaming that area (at least that's what I've been told - I've never been east of the Dakotas).

Another 3rd great grandfather (paternal side) also made his pressence known.  For shame I can't give out his name or location.  He was executed for a murder he didn't commit.  He wandered the mountain valleys crying out for justice until his honor was partially restored.  For over 50 years he visited his farm and other locations in that small community.

Also on my father's side are a few Native American healers.  I am Blackfoot, Cherokee, and a couple more tribes (not enough blood to official be a member:-[).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users