• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#16 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 01:03 AM

aloha, call me a heretic, but may I ask, what is a Patriarch? this is coming from a guy raised in the Native American healer way...

some more fun paranomral facts of my family, are that my faily's property, both current, and former, is Blessed land....an old family legend goes that when they moved in, my great grandfather, and the enighbor man buried a coffee can, of something, at each corner of the properties, in the roots of maple trees...... no one knows what was in them, but they keep evil things from stepping onto the property... a cousin one time went to test the theory, and went to dig up a can...before he could.. he claimed to have seen a Something, with huge eyes staring at him, sitting in a tree acroos from it.... he claimed it had a hungry look, and when he stepped away from the can, it same tot he edge of the land, but stopped, inches from him. I myself, in th forest behind the poroperty, have seen Somethings out there, but never on the land. also I have seen the spirits of Indians on the land... one of which has been my mentor of sorts.. he coems to me, in dreams, and teaches me in ways that my mother, hadn't.

#17 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:39 AM

Hey, Unkle Bunny,
Sounds like your Great Grand Da' understood human weakness at least as far as the likelihood that someone would want to check it out or someone who wished to harm would seek to remove the cans, a very wise man.

If I may ask, are you a Spirit Magnet?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#18 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 02 January 2004 - 11:29 AM

aloha, call me a heretic, but may I ask, what is a Patriarch? this is coming from a guy raised in the Native American healer way...

I swear I posted an answer yesterday, but looks like it didn't come through :(

In short, a Patriarch is someone with the priesthood authority to give Patriarchal Blessings.

Gospel Principles (this book is aimed at new converts and those of other faiths) defines a Patriarchal Blessing as "An inspired blessing declaring a person's lineage [ie a tribe of Israel] and giving inspired counsel and insight about his his life."  A member generally only receives one Patriarchal Blessing, though their are extremely rare exceptions.  Note that declaring the recipient a member (either by adoption or biological ties) of a tribe of Israel is the only set portion of this blessing.

Elders can give blessings of health or comfort to individuals of any faith.  Individuals may receive multiple priesthood blessings throught their sojourn in life.

HTH!

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#19 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:46 PM

Let's see, my mom had several strange events happen to her.  She was very sensitive especially when it involved the impending death of a relative.  Would wake up the bells of all sizes ringing about her knowing only that they were intended for someone in her family. My father's sister is VERY sensitive, has use of a variety of mediums: dreams, air temperature changes, visions, premonitions as well as some psychic ability.  One sister is sensitive as well as I.  My dad's mother was able to read 'signs' and I have the same ability.  For instance, when my grandmother, grandfather, mother, father, and believe it or not, my dear cat, all died I had encounters with wild birds.  When a wild bird flies into my house  or somehow is in my house someone very DEAR to me will be dying soon. What was different for my cat was the bird (a robin) would come up to the front door while I was in the computer room and knock three times with its beak on the door.  Did this for three days in a row.  My cat died soon thereafter.  To me birds are the transporters of the souls and help them 'fly' away after death. Wild birds have become my harbingers of death.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#20 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:58 PM

Hiya, Hawky,
That is absolutely incredible! Both for the consistant run ins with birds shortly before a death in the family and just
the solid level of talent in your family, in many cases, its phenomonally lucky if a gift like that manifests once in a generation
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#21 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:52 PM

You think?  I dunno Whiskers, I really think it's genetic.  Ain't kidding.  Remember "The Shining".  I really do think you're born with it and it is passed on.  But how?  

#22 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:05 PM

Hawkies!
I agree that its genetic, Hun, but its not uncommon for this
particular trait to skip generations, like red hair, even several generations.

My maternal Grandmere had it, was prescient and I suspect could see spirits. My Mum had glimpses, could see spirits*I think*but I think it scared her...out of 5 children, I'm the
only one that exhibits the traits

#23 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:37 PM

Funny how you would pick RED HAIR as an example! ;D  Truly a man of taste! :(

#24 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:57 PM

how I look at the theory of it being passed to the ladies, is partially cultural..... women, generally, are allowed to be more open, with tiher emotions, and feelings, while the men, are taught only to beleive what they cans ee or touch.... this makes the women in the family more open to recieving any gifts....

fire, you asked me, if I was a Spirit magnet... you could say that....oh, you could definatly say that... I prefer to call myself a spirit beacon.... on the PLnes, I shine like a white ball of light....and I definatly attract everything.... fortunatly, I am rarely bothered by anything unpleasant, thans in part, to the family blessings, and my brother's reputation, as a demon eater. (a medicine man, who specializes in removing unplesant spirits, in a ritual known as Eating the Spirit) in short, we're jsut a normal ol' family of Injun mystics...hehe

#25 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:50 AM

Ya know Bunny, you have a point, but I also think conversation has a hand in it too.  Women talk to each other more which when you talk about something it opens you up to possiblilties.  I'm not articulating well, so I'll go now...... :-/

#26 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:33 AM

well women are also more likely to communicate, with the spirit, and each other, concerning, thier beleifs... and the biggest in this is beleif.

#27 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:37 PM

You've both got points and as embarrassed as I am to admit, guys just don't open up/communicate well on a face to face level so the point of view/perspective thing can become kind
of muddled. In fact, I think it gets more muddled for each person present*LOL*So advice about hurting over a break up may become "Rub some dirt on it." as the number present may also affect individual iq's.

WOW...UB, if I can ask, what tribe? Demon eating...is it a banishment or more along the lines of trans-location, you know, commanding it to go elsewhere?

#28 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:53 PM

well I'm not really sure how he got into it, he just sort of did. we ourselves are Cherokee, and Lakota Sioux. demon eating, (of course it's got a completely different, very long name, but since names are very important in Indian society, we aren't that free with them ) pretty much, it is a last ditch effort to remove a malicious spirit by literally destroying it. he enters combat with it, and spiritually consumes it, (he himself absorbs none of the enetity, but that's the closest thing I can think of to describe it) he flips a lot of sensitives out, because he wears a "demon" skin, like a spiritual coat, as a form of advertisement, and warning.

#29 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:32 AM

Hey, Unkle Bunny...BLOODY HECK! Do you think he'd consider taking on a student or novice*bats eyelashes*I kind of get the picture as to the disposal...DANG...that must be gnarley
on the astral plane ;D

#30 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:22 AM

Whiskers, did you have the same visual I had?  Kinda like cow dung?? [smiley=cwm14.gif]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users