:( the more the better!
Posted Image

#92 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:44 AM

Well, this is about my husband's family.. not mine. Most specifically, around his nephew. His sister got pregnant at a young age, and still lived at home with her mother and two older brothers. When she had her son, a lot of bizarre things started happening. Now, this entire family is strictly Catholic... they all went to Catholic schools and his mother even teaches at one, so they aren't particularly open to the ideas of anything paranormal going on. I mean, his mother absolutely HATES Halloween. lol. Yet, they all swear that some bizarre things have happened around this little boy.

When he was only three years old, he started talking about his imaginary friends. How one friend would show up in a uniform, covered in blood. Eventually this turned into a  "Mom, do you remember when I was in the war and my tank turned over in the water and I drowned?" I mean... come on... what three year old knows about things like that? And he even said, "Do you remember when I was coming out of you, and there was this bright light and I was cold and covered in all this gross stuff, and all these strangers were touching me and I was really scared, and they even cut something on my stomach?" He was 3 as well, when he said this... no child would no the specifics of birth like that. Hell, my kids are 9 and 7 and STILL don't know all that. Of course, he's forgotten it all now and nothing bizarre happens anymore (sad that age should diminish this). Okay, so it's not really LORE, but it's still interesting, and i'm sure this family will be talking about it for years to come... so it's sorta lore in the making. lol

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#93 GhostHuntress

GhostHuntress

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

My family's lore has to do with my Great-Great-Great....Grandmother Malesia.  During the Civil War my Great-Great-Great....Grandfather went off to war and fought with the Confederacy.  The locals insisted that my Grandmother was psychic, that she had to have premonitions or something.  It seemed that whenever Northern soldiers would come into the area she knew ahead of time and was able to hide EVERYTHING from them.  
  As the war raged on, she stopped getting letters from my Grandfather.  Eventually everyone was convinced that he had been killed.  All the locals told her so, but she refused to listen and told them that she knew he would be coming home to her.
  Finally the war ended, time passed and still no word from my Grandfather.  By this time everyone was sure he had perished but my Grandmother wouldn't hear it.  She held onto her belief that he would be coming home.  
  One day, out of the blue, she went into town and bought new linens, prepared a fancy meal, and dressed herself and the children in their Sunday best.  She then went walking down the road into town to meet my Grandfather walking home.
  Premonition has been passed onto me in the form of dreams, only I'm not very good at it.  I'll get the basic idea of stuff, but get some facts wrong, like the wrong relative for example.  I usually don't know it was a premonition until it actually happens.  Maybe someday I'll get a handle on it!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius- and a lot of courage- to move in the opposite direction.~E.F. Schumacher~

#94 vernonw1

vernonw1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:52 PM

Aloha...I just saw your post...I have read Chicken Skin at some point it time, it rings a bell.  Is it a story or a book?  

No, no pidgin at my school...

Anyway, a little family lore on my Mom's side is that one of our relatives, Darkus Luzina was a Melugeon.  The Melungeons were a group of dark skinned people living in the hills of Tennesse and NC.  The Melungeons are believed to be a mixture of Native American (possibly Cherokee), black, Scotch-Irish, and Middle Eastern decent, most likely Turkish.  Actual research has been done and genetics tests have proven that Melungeons are of such a mixture.  This relative was darker skinned as are some of my family members...people ask if certain family members are Native American.  
"When you let beauty and peace sink into you, dissension and strife begin to look like sheer insanity. Everything that people make a fuss about seems unimportant " Anne Frank

#95 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:21 PM

my brother knows several weeks in advance when a close friend or a family is going to die. I have had a dream or something that I saw a murder as it was happening at the very moment it was happening and I felt the bullet it me in the chest as it did the victim of the murder. I found out about the murder that afternoon on the news and I like to have fell out of the chair.

#96 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:24 PM

This one isn't about my family, but about a friend of mine, Vernon's post above reminded me of it.  My friend is blond with blue-green eyes, and had always been under the impression that she was of nearly pure British descent.  On her 15th birthday, on a sudden impulse, she sneaked out, lied about her age, and got her nose pierced.  When she got back it was time for family dinner with her grandmother and she was expecting to be in big trouble for it.  However, her grandmother, who had always been somewhat darker skinned than most of the family, took her off to the side with a rather awe-stricken expression and explained the true family history, that the family had been passing for white (having lived many years in Johannesburg, S. Africa, though my friend was born in the U.S.) since emigrating from India when she ( the grandmother) was a child---and that it was in fact the custom for Hindu girls to have their noses pierced in that exact spot when they turned 15.  She still has the piercing to this day ten years later.  Ancestral memory?  
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#97 vernonw1

vernonw1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:03 AM

Yosei...thank you for sharing that!!!  That has definitely got to be some kind of pschic impression on your friend (ancestral memory).

As for heritage, it is always interesting to find out.  Many, in America especially, hide their true origins, despite the fact that predjudice is not nearly as great as it was.  Everyone wants to believe they were decended from a pure bloodline of only English/French, whatever.  This is especially true in the south.  Many would be quite shocked to find out about their mixed (and beautiful) heritage!
"When you let beauty and peace sink into you, dissension and strife begin to look like sheer insanity. Everything that people make a fuss about seems unimportant " Anne Frank

#98 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:54 AM

Aloha...I just saw your post...I have read Chicken Skin at some point it time, it rings a bell.  Is it a story or a book?

Chicken Skin is the slang for when you sense something.  The hairs on your arms and the back of the neck stand up.  Maybe you remember the term from hana buttah days.  Chicken Skin is an anthology of ghost stories collected by Dr Grant.  I believe he only included two of his own stories - the rest were the results of interviews.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#99 vernonw1

vernonw1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:05 AM

Than, Aloha.  I knew it rang a bell for some reason.  I only lived in Hawaii for three years ( when I was age 4 until age 7).  I am not as familiar with as many of the sayings and customs as i simply do not recall everything.  I remember bits and pieces, but it seems like some distant memory/dream.

#100 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:28 PM

anyone else?
Posted Image

#101 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:36 AM

i guess you could say if theres any family lore concerning the paranormal in my family then the only best example i could describe would be the situation that took place almost a year ago last february
(and the situation involving my three girl cousins on my fathers side of the family, my sister and myself)
At around three in the afternoon one week after Valentines day my cousin had found our uncle Mark was actually passed on instead of passed out
(the cause had been a massive heart attack in his sleep)
she was already on her way to the hospital before the second emt crew had removed my uncles body from my grandmothers home
it was also around three in the afternoon i began to suffer a severe migraine and had to call off work because of it...
i didnt find out until six hours later that my uncle was gone
suprise or not (to me that is) when at the wake i was talking with my cousins and sister about my experience that day...
i came to find out that the other girls had also experienced a headache of the same sort with the exception of the one who found our uncle (luckily instead of having a heart attack herself she suffered a severe panic attack)...
none the less however we all had our experiences at the same time of day
coincidence?
whos to say...my two male cousins and my brother hadnt mentioned anything happening to them at that time of day

then again it had been our Uncle Mark who was always quick to point out
if his nieces werent psychos because of our tempers then we were psychic
because we all seemed to know alot more than what we were told

i guess you could say the family legend begins with my cousins, my sister and myself as we each have our stories to tell to one another when we get a chance to catch up...the latest stories involve thier own daughters beginning to show signs of thier own intuitive nature :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#102 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:06 PM

My Mom was an astrologer. She believed in the star charts. That's about all for me!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#103 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:19 PM

My mother grew up on a dairy farm in Kentucky. When her father died, they had to sell the farm because there was no one in the family who could carry on with the work.

Twenty to twenty-five years later, Mom and her sister decided to drive by the house just to have a look. They lived a few hours away so decided to make a day of it- see their old town and drive home after lunch.

When they got to the farm house, they were feeling bold so they got out of the car and knocked on the door. The man who answered was happy to show them around. He was doing some restoration inside and was eager to hear what they remembered the house looking like when they were growing up. He gave them some papers that he had found behind the fireplace surround when he had it removed for refinishing. They looked like stray bits of mail addressed to Grandpa that had slipped into a gap between the mantle and the wall over the years.

As they were getting ready to leave, he got his nerve up and confessed that he had a strange ghost. He wondered if they could shed any light on the haunting. Often, he would hear loud thumping going down the main stairs but never getting to the bottom. Periodically, he would see the image of an old woman sliding down the stairs on her butt.

My mom and my aunt were amazed. They told him about Willie who was a woman, a distant cousin, who had lived with them and helped run the farm. She ran the kitchen and helped take care of the house and the babies. She came when my grandmother was born to help take care of her and just never left. Her whole life was that farm. When she was very old, and close to death, she was confined to her bedroom at the top of the stairs. If the family didn't keep a a very careful eye on her, she would try to come downstairs to prepare the meals, even though she couldn't walk. Mom remembers very clearly, more than once, coaxing her back into bed with Willie protesting all the while that Mr. Jack (grandpa) would need his dinner soon as she thumped down the stairs on her bum.
Posted Image BOO!

#104 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:08 PM

I've gotten gifts from both sides I believe. My grandfather on my mothers side used to find water for people when drilling companies couldn't. When I was a child I heard some of these people talking about it to him. He could also exert calm on tense situations. I had seen it many times. My father and grandfather were small town policemen and my father told me how my grand dad once talked a angry man into giving up his guns to the state police. He also had strange things happen where he lived, one example was that I was at my grandparents one night when we all heard his car start. We ran to the window and no one was any where around. He had to put his key in to make it shut off. I used to hear strange humming sounds in one part of the forest close to his house. I am now going to share something I have never shared with many people because of how strange it is but, if not here where? I was at my grandparents for a weekend and was playing outside, I looked up in the air just above the tree line and saw what looked to be a pteradactyl or like that to me. The next day the same thing again as if seeing the same scene over again. His family had been here in America since about the 1640s or so, and he was proud to have some American Indian blood. My fathers side has had people arrested for witchcraft during the Salam times, but in other locales like springfield Ma. Native blood way back on that side too. I myself have as far back as I remember seen ghosts and other beings, know what people are thinking by being in their presence, can see auras, and can raise and direct healing energy through my hands. I have been shown things in dreams at times also. As a child I had this dream I have never forgotten, I was looking into space at a small cube. This presence just behind me gave me the understanding of how heavy it was, much more than our sun, and had me feel this, as impossible as that is. I was then shown a large cube that would be larger then the sun and made to understand and feel its lightness, such as a feather. I must have been 6 or 7 at the time. Thanks for reading this, :weeee: many years of stuff coming out at once.

#105 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading, rock climing, nature hikes, Research on the unknown,and taking my kids to their games.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

Hey there out there..Anything,anyone;got any other stories for me?

:unsure:
:huh:
If Angels had Wings; Devils had Horns:Then By Golly, We where given Thorns!!!!!1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users