• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kat70

kat70

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:26 AM

Hi
went to visit this poltergeist so to speak.It's very famous .Tells you a bit about the story here.

My Webpage

Anyway im open minded and there is an explanation for everything , i dont spook easily and basically have to have no other explanation until i believe.
I went on this tour when i went into the covenanters prison i felt , saw nothing.Then we went into the mausalium and i made sure i was last in first out! Anyway the tour guie was talking explaining the story etc when i heard a voice , it was chanting in my left ear really close and loud.I could not hear what the guide was sayimg for it. Chanting is the only way i can describe it was sort of a very loud whisper.It was not anyone behind it was too loud and too close.My partner was on the other side of me at the time .It went on for about a minuite .I was spooked at first but i was trying to work out this voice.It was a mans voice in my right ear.I cannot figure out who it was but was not any person in the room!!
Any explanations ??Also why me out of 60 people???
As i said im very open minded but not easily convinced but this was a very strange experience!!

#2 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:24 AM

Welcome to Ghost Village Kat70, glad you found us.

You heard a chanting in your left ear and then heard a mans voice in your right or was the chanting you heard a mans voice in your left (sorry but it's a bit confusing you mentioned both left and right)
Either way it sounds as if someone unseen was trying to get your attention to let you know he was there. Did you experience anything else while this was happening ;)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 kat70

kat70

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:31 PM

Welcome to Ghost Village Kat70, glad you found us.

You heard a chanting in your left ear and then heard a mans voice in your right or was the chanting you heard a mans voice in your left (sorry but it's a bit confusing you mentioned both left and right)
Either way it sounds as if someone unseen was trying to get your attention to let you know he was there.  Did you experience anything else while this was happening :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi
sorry i tried to type too fast.
The chanting was in my right ear as my partner was stood to my left.I describe it as chanting as it was very fast whispering , its hard to describe i could not under stand what it was saying but it was a mans voice that was "chanting".
There was nobody stood behind me doing as i turned around and it was too close to my ear, it was if their lips were against my ear it was that loud!.The lady who was talking to us on the tour was practically shouting so that everyone could hear ,i could not hear her for this chanting.
There was around 60 of us.
I heard this chanting for about a minute but i litrally froze initially as it was almost immidiate of me entering the mausaulium , i was tempted to run out of the mausalium but i did not fancy standing in the grave yard!! and i thought there was plenty of people around if anything were to happen.Ironically i did not feel scared after about 40 seconds more inquisative of what this chanting was.As i said i could not make out what the mans voice was saying.It was a deep voice.Im curious as to why no one else heard anything mind you i never said anything to the tour guide for fear of ridicule!

#4 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:49 PM

LOL not a problem, from what I can understand it's fairly common to start out with hearing the loud fast whispering and not being able to make much sense of what's being said. I get that on occasion too and it's usually my cue to turn up the stereo to drown out any 'noise'.
It's also common for this sort of thing to happen to only one in the crowd of very many a reason could be you could be more sensitive than the others with you in the way of clairaudience (being better capable of hearing them speak)
Was this the first time you've heard anything of that sort before?
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 Frostie_the_snow_man

Frostie_the_snow_man

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:57 PM

i have been on that tour and i was singled out by poltergiest. some wierd stuff happend to me but I didnt hear any voices. But I became very closed to passing out and I felt just plain weird. I was asked to appear in a documentray on the poltergiest. I have done some research on the polterghiest and it appears it usally singles out one person the group and they are usally skeptics or inductors. I think you may be an inductor. Being an inductor would explain you being singled out over everyone else.

#6 boris

boris

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:04 AM

:Spaz: I recently read "The Ghost that Haunted Itself" about the Greyfriars/Covenanter's Prison phenomenon. What fascinates me is that all this began when the mausoleum was disturbed by a homeless man seeking shelter. Of course, the chance to capitalize by developing a ghost tour around it gave the Poltergeist many more opportunities to strike. The death of a priest following an exorcism attempt, allegedly predicted by said clergyman sends chills up one's spine too. The appearance of cuts and bruises on a number of the victims, many times not until the day after a visit is interesting too. There are some sites on the net that update contuinual occurences of the Mackenzie Poltergeist. The fainting phenomenon; drain of energy, dizziness, disorientation, and, in some cases, collapse, are symptomatic of a panic attack. As I understand it, the tour involves a fair sized crowd that goes into a dark enclosed space. Claustrophobia can cause this kind of reaction. Many people who experience their first panic or "anxiety attack" don't know what it is, thusly intensifying the attack. Nobody is immune from anxiety syndromes. They can attack anyone under certain circumstances although some people seem to be more prone to panic attacks than others (i.e. where there is family history; diagnosis of other disorders etc.). On the other hand, there is the theory that spiritual manifestation can draw upon one's energy, leaving them drained. I recently read of someone who believes that our mental hospitals are full of people diagnosed schizophrenic who really are hearing spirit voices and/or seeing ghosts. Apparently, when treated accordingly, these patients improve. The Mackenzie Poltergeist is a highly fascinating case and one that deserves serious study.
"...The Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw; and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire..." 2 Kings 6: 17b. (There's nothing like seeing the unseen, especially when it's an army of spirits!)

#7 kat70

kat70

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:51 PM

:ghost: I recently read "The Ghost that Haunted Itself" about the Greyfriars/Covenanter's Prison phenomenon. What fascinates me is that all this began when the mausoleum was disturbed by a homeless man seeking shelter. Of course, the chance to capitalize by developing a ghost tour around it gave the Poltergeist many more opportunities to strike. The death of a priest following an exorcism attempt, allegedly predicted by said clergyman sends chills up one's spine too. The appearance of cuts and bruises on a number of the victims, many times not until the day after a visit is interesting too. There are some sites on the net that update contuinual occurences of the Mackenzie Poltergeist. The fainting phenomenon; drain of energy, dizziness, disorientation, and, in some cases, collapse, are symptomatic of a panic attack. As I understand it, the tour involves a fair sized crowd that goes into a dark enclosed space. Claustrophobia can cause this kind of reaction. Many people who experience their first panic or "anxiety attack" don't know what it is, thusly intensifying the attack. Nobody is immune from anxiety syndromes. They can attack anyone under certain circumstances although some people seem to be more prone to panic attacks than others (i.e. where there is family history; diagnosis of other disorders etc.). On the other hand, there is the theory that spiritual manifestation can draw upon one's energy, leaving them drained. I recently read of someone who believes that our mental hospitals are full of people diagnosed schizophrenic who really are hearing spirit voices and/or seeing ghosts. Apparently, when treated accordingly, these patients improve. The Mackenzie Poltergeist is a highly fascinating case and one that deserves serious study.

Ive read up on this since i visited and i know i had no anxiety attack, my husband was stood next to me.I wasnt scared out of my wits end before i entered the place either.
I know what i heard the reason why it puzzles me is;

A)who was it ?? - as it was no living person.
B) why did i only hear it ?
C) what was the voice saying /chanting ??

My husband said lets go back there - i think not!!!

#8 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

Very interesting story. I think it would be cool to go back to the place also.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 NightFrightz

NightFrightz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:I am active in the matters of spirits and such when they remind me <br /><br />And interesting tid bit. When I was 17 my Dr. told me I would be a good para psychologist. <br /><br />I've been at GV for a while, but not active. I've been a lurker for years. I'm hoping to change that now.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

I think I would want to go back! But this is spoken from the perspective of never having this expereince, I might very well change my mind if ever I did/do chance expereince such an occurance.

This is the first time I've even heard of this tour or spiritual activity. I'm going to do some research.

#10 kat70

kat70

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

I think I would want to go back! But this is spoken from the perspective of never having this expereince, I might very well change my mind if ever I did/do chance expereince such an occurance.

This is the first time I've even heard of this tour or spiritual activity. I'm going to do some research.

Hi,
Go do the tour ! Im only wary to go back due to what happened to me ! My husband want to go do it again now but im thinking - yeah if it happened to you you wouldnt.I have never "heard " a ghost as i call it talk before ! so it has spooked me ! However in the past people have been bruised and scratched etc im curious as to why that didnt happen to me?? - im glad though!!

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:53 AM

McKenize Tomb is a place I have heard where unexplained things do happen like slap to visitors, bruise marks etc etc. I would love to go there one day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users