Selleck, WA-Old School

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#31 Selleckmaiden

Selleckmaiden

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:35 AM

The town of Selleck is mostly rentals now. Mostly young people with small children who can play, and run in the streets without fear. It is a magical place. It is beautiful and wonderfully quiet here.

#32 FBTdra9

FBTdra9

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

The town of Selleck is mostly rentals now. Mostly young people with small children who can play, and run in the streets without fear. It is a magical place. It is beautiful and wonderfully quiet here.

Yes, as it was when I was a child there, lived a mile or so to the North. Went to school at the old school, explored the old mill, played in many of the houses and was babysat at two or three near the old post office (now a private home) just over the railroad tracks from the mill houses. Loved it. Still do. Glad it is back to being a family environment. Many of the people my parents socialized with are still living there too!!

#33 maplevalley

maplevalley

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

I am sorry I am not one of the kids you speak of who are drunk and are "peeling out" around your town. So... please tell me why I was followed out of the town the way I was. You can refer to my posting above. And the way you are speaking of the "managers" makes me think even more that the town is not what you all say it is. Thats wonderful that people still want to protect thy neighbor, but it seem to be a little extreme. So its my fault i got chased out of the town when i was doing nothing but what you say you encourage! Oh please! I will believe it when i see it! And I know A LOT of people think the same as I do.

[font=Fixedsys][size=3][color=#993399]

My husband and 2 year old daughter moved to Selleck in July of 2006. We love it here. It is quite (exept for the crazy drunks who go through here sometimes) and beautiful. The reason people are always defending the town is because that is THEIR JOB. The "managers" of the town part of their job description is to keep the renters happy, take care of housing problems, for example flooded pipes, ect. THe other part of their job is to keep the school house safe from crazy people. The owners have a 6 year old daughter and she gets scared when people are driving through here at 3 in the morning throwing beer bottles, and peeling out. Wouldnt you want to protect your daughter from that crap????????? We dont care if you drive through and ask question... we get alot of "How do I get to Seattle" with is stupid.... We dont mind that. It is the drunk, yelling, squealing IDIOTS that tick us off. My own daughter has been woken up multiple times by sead idiots. So please be respectful. If you get run off.... your own fault. We have people here who watch the town ALL THE TIME to protect us. There is nothing weird here. We are all friends, and help each other. My daughter has a best friend right next door. We are safe enough (during the day) for them to play in the yard without bother from crazy vehicles. We love it here, stop destroying our nights. Thank you.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 16 January 2007 - 07:03 PM.

#34 Starska

Starska

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:00 AM

Hello all,
I just hit this thread and site from a search getting info on Selleck as I write a post for another board about my friend that was killed in this town 20 years ago today.

I just scanned this thread an look forward to reading it all and hope to add to it as well. But it is late and do not have the time this morning and need some sleep.

I just wanted to log on and say hi and even though I am known around the puget sound area by some as a Ghostbuster. Because I do have a full costume from that movie and do parades and such for the last 5 years or so. I am always really interested in this stuff from also living in a haunted house in Black Diamond.

So again, Hello and I will be back to read all about this thread later tonight.

Keith

Edited by Starska, 10 February 2007 - 08:01 AM.

#35 Starska

Starska

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Well after having some time to read some of this thread I am happy to learn so much about this town. Like I mentioned I only knew about it 20 years ago when my friend died helping some other friends move and was electrocuted moving a CB antenna.

I had no idea of the history and am happy to hear that it has a nice small town. I had not idea that someone opened the town.

It is sad to hear about how others treat the town.

I hope to drive by some day just to see how it looks today.

Keith

#36 Starska

Starska

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:18 AM

I had no idea of the history and am happy to hear that it has a nice small town. I had not idea that someone opened the town.

This should have read:

I had no idea of the history and am happy to hear that it has become a nice small town. I had no idea that someone owned the town.

Keith

#37 K.Sotelo

K.Sotelo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

So I am online tonight looking up Selleck WA, because a co-worker told me about an unerving experience he had there as a teenager about 10 years ago. He has not done any research on the town as he was just a kid when it occured. I don't want to tell the story myself as I would like for him to tell it first hand and get all the facts right. I will URGE him to get on this website and share his story with all of you....So watch out for that.

#38 EvilDoll

EvilDoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish keeping and ghosts!!

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:38 PM

:ghost: Thanks for joining! We are patiently waiting for the details!
Posted Image

#39 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

:clap: Thanks for joining! We are patiently waiting for the details!

Me too, sounds interesting!!! Looking forward to reading it!!!

#40 superjew720

superjew720

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

last night i went to selleck with my teacher and my friend. my teacher dared me and my friend to go touch the school and we said no way unless u come wiht us. so he came and this old lady with a russian or mexican accent was pearing out the top window and was cussing us out and telling us to leave. i looked up at the window and she looked only like a black figure. and there was a light on so i dont know what was going on. i thought the school house was closed down... and i believe that a long time ago a teacher killed 12 of his students. anyway this town is very creepy at night. so if any of u have the same experience tell me.

#41 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

Every time I check this thread, there seems to be something about hostile behavior towards visitors. Maybe it's best to give the residents what they want and stay away from there. Think how you'd feel if strangers where always poking around your home.

And I can't help but wonder..... What's a teacher doing hanging out with his students at night? Is this a high school teacher? Just seems odd to me. I don't want to imply anything, but some statements need a little further explaination.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#42 superjew720

superjew720

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:15 AM

well yeah hes a highschool teacher, and hes only like 24 so hes really cool. we werent doing anything bad though we just drove by and werent making a bunch of noise. but we really thought no one lived in the school house and it was totally innocent.

#43 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

I'm a firm beleiver in mot treading where your not wanted, whether your doing something bad or not. It seems the residents of this town are not keen on ghosthunters. There probably sick of it.

I also believe that teachers shouldn't be fraternizing with students after dark, no matter how young. Just my opinion as a father. You can't be too trusting of people. Are your parents aware of all of this? I don't want to seem like a stick in the mud, but that's just weird. These are crazy times we live in and you shouldn't be so trusting. I know that's off topic so, that's all I'm going to say on that.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

#44 superjew720

superjew720

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

of course my mom knows about it and hes been a family friend for a long time and longer than hes been my teacher.

#45 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

of course my mom knows about it and hes been a family friend for a long time and longer than hes been my teacher.

Ok. You did not mention that earlier. Like I said, I'm a Dad myself, and I'm thinking like a Dad. Granted, my daughter is still very young, but it's never too early to worry about things.

Now I'll still caution you, or anyone about sneaking around after dark where there's a good chance your not wanted. If the residents of Selleck don't appreciate ghosthunter hanging around, then it's probably best to find another location to investigate. But remember to get permission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users