• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:49 AM

I've been reading about people experiencing bad smells (like feces), and had a question for anyone who might have information on that.

There is a lot of activity in our bedroom, which I've posted about before. I've smelled this in different areas on the house, but especially in the bedroom. I've read on here that this smell can mean a bad or negative energy. What is your take on that? I have a 7 month old puppy who is house trained, but every time I smell that I spend 10 minutes checking around to see if he has had an accident. I have never found anything when searching. My first thought was that maybe somebody gets a kick out of watching me look for puppy poop for 10 minutes!

I am never afraid in my house - actually we're moving this week and I'm kinda depressed about it. :) I would like for our spirits to move along with us - that probably sounds crazy to some. I know that sometimes my husband's mom, aunt, and grandmother are around, and will continue to be. However, I have no idea who the male presence is, and feel bad to leave him behind. An elderly lady owns the house and her husband died about 2 years ago, so I'm thinking maybe it's him, because that is where they lived. She already has the house rented again, so at least he will have company.

I'm very attached to the spirits that hang around. I really like it - I never feel alone... and when my husband works late or goes out of town, I always have company. :(

My concern after reading some of the posts is that maybe I'm attracting negative spirits and don't even know it??? I never feel afraid or get a negative vibe, but could it be that I need to be thinking more about whoever lives in our house and not just be open to everyone that comes? Nothing bad happens in our house. Nothing *I* consider bad anyway.

Advice?
Posted Image

#2 Andi

Andi

Had to restrain self from licking the back of a semi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a single mom here in NE Ohio who seems to have some special abilities when it comes to communicating with spirit. I love what I do but sometimes it's hard to explain to people why I can do this and why I would want to. That's why GV is such a cool place!<br /><br />I have 3 little kids, I'm a Reiki practitioner and I am a full time graphic designer. My current home is over 130 years old and has it's share of spirits, who have no intention of leaving.<br /><br />Nice to be here!<br />~ Andi

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:02 AM

Of the smells that I've encountered that signified BAD entities, the most awful was the smell of rancid meat. I'm talking this was a turn-your-stomach-almost-vomit smell. Also, a sulphur like smell like rotten eggs and then there was the overpowering smell of Old Spice... applied VERY liberally!

Other than that, the smells that come to me are usually those of flowers, pipe tobacco, baking, etc. I love those smells.

~ Andi
Reiki Master * Spirit Communication ReadingsI have CDO. ~ The police never think it's as funny as you do.

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:21 AM

You know, your smells may not be triggered by anything paranormal at all. The olfactory sense is amazing and many times just a thought or a word or a sight can make you think you're smelling something when it's all in the brain.

My dog is quite old and incontinent at times. Sometimes I swear I can smell her pee or poop and go looking around, but don't find anything. I know it's stuck in my brain because I know she can do it but it's just in my mind. Same thing with spirits.
petunia4998

#4 Andi

Andi

Had to restrain self from licking the back of a semi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a single mom here in NE Ohio who seems to have some special abilities when it comes to communicating with spirit. I love what I do but sometimes it's hard to explain to people why I can do this and why I would want to. That's why GV is such a cool place!<br /><br />I have 3 little kids, I'm a Reiki practitioner and I am a full time graphic designer. My current home is over 130 years old and has it's share of spirits, who have no intention of leaving.<br /><br />Nice to be here!<br />~ Andi

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:32 AM

I don't buy that when it comes to spirit. These smells come out of thin air and are unmistakeable. I have no point of reference for any of the smells that I've experienced. The pipe smoke was directly related to the gentleman spirit who came through for me when I was reading for someone... a complete stranger. She didn't smell it... only me. I've not known anybody close to me that smoked a pipe that I would have remembered at that moment... just "because".

~ Andi
Reiki Master * Spirit Communication ReadingsI have CDO. ~ The police never think it's as funny as you do.

#5 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:40 AM

Andi, those are your experiences and are fine for you. I am merely offering another explanation because there is always more than one. I am in no way negating your experiences. But I am sure you will agree that spirits do not work the same way for everyone or that things can become distorted for humans. A person understands the things that work best for them.
petunia4998

#6 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

NiteAngel2, it would be good if you would tell this male presence to move on to better things; perhaps he doesn't realize he is dead! Spirits can be comforting; but it is necessary for them to go on to higher planes. (well, that's what I believe, anyhoo; doesn't mean it's correct lol) Sometimes our being comforted by a particular presence can keep them from crossing and getting on with their development. Perhaps tell your male presence that he has been a great comfort to you, but you are moving, and it is time for him to move also! :)
Posted Image

#7 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

Not trying to be a smart arse, but are you sure your dog didn't fart? It's a possibility.. lol
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#8 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:26 PM

Bathory313: Yes, I think you are right. I will speak to him about our moving. I actually started thinking about the fact that I should have a talk with him this past weekend about our moving. However, when I was thinking about what I should say....one of the racks fell on me in the laundry room when I was hanging clothes (I wasn't hurt, it just fell on my arm), then a plastic bowl fell off the fridge and hit me in the back (I was about 3 feet away - and again I wasn't hurt, it was just a plastic bowl) when I went in the kitchen. I think he's a little upset. I'll explain the situation, in case he doesn't know. Say a prayer for me.... who knows what he'll throw next!

Jhangles: lol... I'm pretty sure that isn't it. I smell it even when the dog is not around - sometimes even when he's outside.
Posted Image

#9 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:43 PM

There are alot of explanations for bad smells. Some are natural as Petunia suggests and some are triggered by spirits as Andi suggests and those spirits could be negative or simply pranksters out to have some fun at your expense just as you've suggested. I think whats important is to pay close objective attention to what your other senses tell you when you notice any odors and that should give you some indication as to what the spirit is like.

I cant say I like the idea of him throwing things (or a fit) at you just because you're moving, sounds like you may have to put your foot down with him.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#10 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:17 AM

I didn't really like that either. I wasn't afraid though - I think he was just like "Hey... I'm here."

I didn't do anything last night - I'm too miserable. We're moving because our A/C went out and the elderly woman that owns the house says she doesn't have the money to have it replaced. Ugh... I'm in Texas and it is still HOT -- Mid 90's during the day and mid 70's at night. It went out last Tuesday, so we've been dealing with it for a while. Anway... I'm to the point that I didn't really care whether he was happy or not last night. lol.
Posted Image

#11 ginger_sweazy82

ginger_sweazy82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:I like to help people cope with their loss of a loved one, If I can help feel free to im or pm me if u want. I do free physic medium readings . thanks help comes in diff ways, a friend to talk to, a friend to know where u are coming from or even a friend thats there for you. ARE you a friend?

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:05 AM

I've been reading about people experiencing bad smells (like feces), and had a question for anyone who might have information on that.

There is a lot of activity in our bedroom, which I've posted about before.  I've smelled this in different areas on the house, but especially in the bedroom.  I've read on here that this smell can mean a bad or negative energy.  What is your take on that?  I have a 7 month old puppy who is house trained, but every time I smell that I spend 10 minutes checking around to see if he has had an accident.  I have never found anything when searching.  My first thought was that maybe somebody gets a kick out of watching me look for puppy poop for 10 minutes!

I am never afraid in my house - actually we're moving this week and I'm kinda depressed about it.  :redbounce:  I would like for our spirits to move along with us - that probably sounds crazy to some.  I know that sometimes my husband's mom, aunt, and grandmother are around, and will continue to be.  However, I have no idea who the male presence is, and feel bad to leave him behind.  An elderly lady owns the house and her husband died about 2 years ago, so I'm thinking maybe it's him, because that is where they lived.  She already has the house rented again, so at least he will have company.

I'm very attached to the spirits that hang around.  I really like it - I never feel alone... and when my husband works late or goes out of town, I always have company.  Whirly Dude

My concern after reading some of the posts is that maybe I'm attracting negative spirits and don't even know it???  I never feel afraid or get a negative vibe, but could it be that I need to be thinking more about whoever lives in our house and not just be open to everyone that comes?  Nothing bad happens in our house.  Nothing *I* consider bad anyway.

Advice?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats funny u asked that about the smells lol
i do readings and when i do them some times i get smells as well
im not moving around and no one is up or around me.
smells are not the same tho when i do a reading and a smell comes its like a normal kind of one . like i was giving a reading and than it started to smell like a nursing house really bad the sprite was telling me thing about himself before he said also I get feelings as well like as if i just got it or smashed by a car and a few nights later i will give a reading to some one that their loved one who past on thats how they died. So the smells dont have to be bad it could just be a sprite trying to get u to notice something thats all thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users