Photo

Odd Fellows Home

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dezpez

dezpez

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies and my kids....

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:38 PM

I've lived in the Liberty MO area all my life and have always wondered about the old Odd Fellows Home. I've read that it's an old insane asylum, but can't find any information on it. It's an extremely creepy looking building and I've always known it was said to be haunted, but I'd like to learn more about it.
Also there's some Old Mill in Liberty MO that's said to be haunted as well and I would like to know if anybody knows anything about it. Like it's whereabouts.... I'm thinking it's next to my work, but I'm not for sure. I'd just like an opportunity to explore some places around here, with two small children it's difficult for me to travel long distances.
[COLOR=red][I]

#2 ParanormalSarah

ParanormalSarah

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

I've lived in the Liberty MO area all my life and have always wondered about the old Odd Fellows Home. I've read that it's an old insane asylum, but can't find any information on it. It's an extremely creepy looking building and I've always known it was said to be haunted, but I'd like to learn more about it.
Also there's some Old Mill in Liberty MO that's said to be haunted as well and I would like to know if anybody knows anything about it. Like it's whereabouts.... I'm thinking it's next to my work, but I'm not for sure. I'd just like an opportunity to explore some places around here, with two small children it's difficult for me to travel long distances.

The following site claims the building was used for orphans and elderly.

Odd Fellows Home, 1900-1908, Liberty, Clay County

An impressive, significant complex of four buildings, the Odd Fellows Home sits on 36 acres. Three of the red-brick buildings exhibit the Jacobean-Revival style with rich stone door and window surrounds and gabled dormers. Nationally recognized architect, William Ittner, designed one of these structures, the Administration Building. Constructed for one of America’s largest fraternal orders, the Odd Fellows Home educated orphans and gave care for elderly members of the IOOF. The buildings are in a state of advanced deterioration; broken windows, doors and damaged roofs create a dangerous environment.

Also, the mill is off of 291 hwy. I've been there and did not have much to report but many do.

#3 limelicker

limelicker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

FYI.....if anyone is looking for information on the old Odd Fellow Home in Liberty Missouri, the website for the winery that will be opening in August 2010 is now available......

http://www.belvoirwinery.com/

#4 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

Wowzers... I don't think that place looks creepy at all. I think it's breathtaking.
Love life.

#5 limelicker

limelicker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:29 AM

FYI......those of you interested in the Odd Fellows/Belvoir Winery property will want to keep an eye on http://www.ghosttourmissouri.com/. In the coming weeks, there will be a new addition to their ghost tour and paranormal investigation schedule which will be open to the public. It might even be related to this topic.

:clap:

#6 limelicker

limelicker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

Paranormal investigation/tour schedule and tickets are now available online.

http://www.ghostsandgrapes.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users