• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Adramelech

Adramelech

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:47 AM

Are they real? Where can I find some more aboult them? Is there some evidence that they are real?

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:18 AM

I have heard of people that think they are vampires and even drink blood. Dracula in based on a real person, Vlad the Impaler.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:11 AM

There's a thread in the Urban Legends board about vampires with some links to the myths and legends. Perhaps you might find some answers there?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:38 PM

A bit about the infamous "Impaler"...

Vlad Dracolya, the fifteenth century voevod prince, also known as Vlad the Impaler, is best remembered as the inspiration for Bram Stoker's famous novel, Dracula. His true history, in fact, is far more facinating than any vampire story.

Vlad was born in the town of Sighisoara in the early forteen hundreds. He was the second son of the Prince of Wallachia, Vlad Dracul. The country of Wallachia was a principality, meaning that it was ruled by a prince, rather than a king. Dracul was a member of The Order of the Dragon (a position from which he derived his surname). The Order of the Dragon was a group of Slavic rulers and warlords who were sworn to uphold the Christian faith by fighting off the advancing Turks of the Ottoman Empire. Warfare was almost continuous in Wallachia and the surrounding areas at that period of history.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:44 AM

There is no evidence that they are real, but there are certain stories going around, especially in UK, thta vampires are for real. Anyways, check out the following links, it might be helpful.

http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=10078

http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=4488
Posted Image

#6 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:10 AM

I like to think they are. :Spaz:

When I was a kid I used to dream about a vampire coming and turning me into one, too. Yes, yes, I was a weird kid I guess. But hey, the vampire was always a really hot guy if that makes any difference!

My mom was a little concerned - the 1st vampire movie I ever saw was the one with Lagossi (sp?), and I was about 6 years old.. I cried when they killed him at the end. I mean, I cried for an hour. lol.

I think there might be... Listen to this. My husband and I stayed out WAY too late in New Orleans and ended up getting a cab back to the hotel. I hop in the front seat (I like to ride next to the driver) and there he is.... Thick, wavy, dark hair to his shoulders, an absolutely beautiful smile, about 35 years old and one of those white pirate/vampire type shirts on. Oh my, he was beautiful. I'm seriously buzzed and I look at him and say "You're so beautiful, are you a vampire?"...lmbo My husband is rolling in the backseat he's laughing so hard". He smiled at me and winked and says "Jannetta, you know there aren't really any vampires.". Uh-huh!!! That is EXACTLY what a vampire would say! Ah... fond memories of New Orleans.
Posted Image

#7 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:48 AM

Niteangel2, I thought I was the only one that cried at the end of Dracula!!

I also keep the hope that they are real and lurk somewhere in the shadows or better yet, mingle secretly amongst us mortals. I prefer the romanticized Anne Rice variety vamp to the ghoulish graveyard zoombie like one but vampires in any form have always and will always fascinate and captivate me.

There are medical conditions that might result in vampiric behaviour or appearance...

Porphyria, a rare disease characterized by irregularities in production of heme, an iron-rich pigment in blood. People with the more severe forms of porphyria are highly sensitive to sunlight, experience severe abdominal pain and may suffer from acute delirium. One possible treatment for porphyria in the past might have been to drink blood, to correct the imbalance in the body (though there's not clear evidence of this). Some porphyria sufferers do have reddish mouths and teeth, due to irregular production of the heme pigment. Porphyria is hereditary, so there may have been concentrations of sufferers in certain areas throughout history.

Catalepsy, a peculiar physical condition associated with epilepsy, schizophrenia and other disorders that affect the central nervous system. During a cataleptic episode, a person essentially freezes up: The muscles become rigid, so that the body is very stiff, and the heart rate and respiration slow down. Someone suffering from acute catalepsy could very well be mistaken for a corpse.
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#8 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:43 PM

Are vampires real? Yes, there are vampire bats!

I believe that medical conditions are coupled with the habits of vampire bats to produce the legend of human vampires.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#9 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:15 PM

You guys are really depressing me. It's just all of you non-believers saying it's a medical condition. :D I know a :D when I see one - he didn't look like he had any type of medical condition to me. <snicker>

Jannetta
Posted Image

#10 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:38 AM

There is a medical condition, "porpyhria", (sp?) that gave rise to much of the vampire legend. People afflicted with this disease are intolerant of sunlight, have an aversion to strong, spicy foods (garlic legend), their gums often recede from their teeth ("fang" appearance), and have a compulsion to drink blood.

Vlad was def an interesting character.......Turkish nobles once came to pay respects to him, but refused to remove their hats because it "was not their custom". Vlad ordered their hats nailed to their heads and sent them home. He kept a gold cup by a stream, for everyone to use to drink from. He was just daring someone to steal it, knowing the penalty.......Vlad once asked the poor of his village what their fondest wish was; "To be free of all cares, Lord", they said. He had a barn-like structure filled with sumptuous foods and drinks and invited as many of the poor as he could. After he watched them feasting awhile, he ordered the doors jammed shut and the place set on fire. "Now you are free of all your cares!" he reportedly said. One of his mistresses reported to Vlad that she was pregnant by him.....he ordered her slit open stem to stern so that "all could see where his seed lay". (no rivals to his throne!)

I truly wish vampires were real in the Louis and Lestat sense. I'd take up that life in a minute........
Posted Image

#11 bathory313

bathory313

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:41 AM

Sorry, Willow, didn't see your paragraph on porphyria!!!!!! :Wall:
Posted Image

#12 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:12 PM

Tis okies Bathory, I really love the stories about Vlad and ofcourse the female "vamp" whom inspired your screen name :lol:
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#13 bathory313

bathory313

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

I have a penchant for studying psychotic people; past and present.

Erzebet Bathory was just plain mentally ill, and a sadist to boot. Her antics just went way beyond anything I've read before, except for Vlad Tepes. Vlad's cruelty was borne out of being held captive, and constant war; Bathory's was just sheer delight in another person's pain. nugget: Bathory would force a servant to stand in the courtyard while she poured water over them, in the dead of winter. They turned to ice sculptures.
Posted Image

#14 fallen wings133

fallen wings133

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:slipknot, computer games and getting drunk *hicup* oh and eating cake. i like cake...who doesnt?<br /><br />and skating loooove skating and the beach now its spring/summer lol

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:24 PM

this should help u. i found it useful enough :weeee:
http://www.earthspir.../fhvampire.html
well, im a slave and i am a master.this is the beginning then. the beggining of the end

#15 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

Bathory - Louis was never happy being a vampire. He was always whining about his lot in life. He always said its not the life he would have chosen. So miserable. I would chose life anytime. Who would want to live forever?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users