Whispers in the Ear

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:51 AM

There have been times, where I've heard whispering in my ear. I've talked to others that have experienced this too. I can never make out exactly what's being said, and it doesn't seem to be in my head (ya know what I mean?)

So here's the question.......

Do you think the Whispers are spirits making contact, or figments of the imagination?
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#2 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:49 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. Lord, I hope it's not in my head. It's bad enuogh hearing whispers when you can only FEEL that something is there - I don't want to start hearing things when NOTHING is there!

I have heard a low growling type noise a couple of times in our new house. Maybe because I've mentioned several times that I don't think there is anything in this house and he wanted to let me know there is? This really doesn't frighten me much, and I can't explain why, because I'm a chicken and that should be sending me over the edge. Communication is fine, but don't be scary 'cause I don't like it! :Wall:

However, I was recording in the kitchen last night and then listening to it in bed. You hear my husband and I talking and then him saying he's going to feed the dogs. When it gets quiet you can hear the growl plain as day and then a little snicker and it's obviously a male, although I didn't hear this one when I was recording. Very funny mister!

My husband is slowly becoming a believer - he just looked at me and said "So.. not only do you have a spirit here, but he's a smart*ss too. Congrats.".
Posted Image

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:35 PM

I've taken most of the whispers I've heard as warnings from my guardian angel. I've only disobeyed his voice once. That's when he told me to take Freedom instead of University (these are names of a couple streets in Provo). I took University then a couple minutes later a car speeds through an intersection and hits me. Luckily I wasn't hurt, but my car suffered a thousand dollars worth of damage (took a month to repair!).

This voice also told me to go to a different congregation one week. By chance a former roommate was also visiting that same week and I was able to get the money he owed me.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:47 PM

I get the wispering in my ears. Sometimes I can't tell what they're saying. When I first moved here the wispering was so loud and so many voices, I couldn't make out what was being said, I'de have to leave and go down the beach to sleep in my car. Now since last christmas, I get a wisper in my ear the always says the same thing. "What are you doing?" It's always as I'm going to sleep or have been to sleep. It got to a poit I would just say "leave me alone!" About a week or two ago I didn't answer it and it sgoved my sholder. I just got up and said foeget it, I'll sleep later.

Dodie :lol:
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:26 PM

Okay, I have a new story too. Of late, whenever I go to bed, I hear footsteps, someone coming INTO my room, walking alongwide the cot. It is NOT a fearful feeling, but a feeling that someone is around, you really can FEEL the presence, but I dont see anything.
Posted Image

#6 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:45 AM

Well I think that most of the time it is spirits talking. Why do you suppose, it is so difficult to hear what they are saying? Is it because they are between relms? Or maybe I have too much wax in my ear.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:49 AM

Probably not. Physically we do use vocal chords to make sound and convey, but spirits use a different method, and I assume we need to use our mental alertness so as to understand what they need to say.
Posted Image

#8 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:04 PM

hearing whispers may be a sign of some psychosis have u been sleeping well duke? if yes then how long have u heard whispers? greater than 6 months? or less than 30 days? let me know think this is interesting...

#9 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

Matt,

I appreciate your concern. I can assure you that there is no psychosis. I'm talking about a few incident through the course of my life. And the wispers seem to come from outside, like someone is actually wispering. Even if it's my brain producing the wispering, it hasn't happened enough for me to worry about it.

Furthermore, my home has a history of paranormal activity. I grew up here, and bought the house from my father 4 years ago. Every member of my family has experienced something in this place.

As for sleeping well.... I sleep as well as a guy with a new born daughter in the house, can sleep. But I don't have insomnia, or any other sleep disorders. And no, there is no history of mental illness in my family.

#10 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

hey duke, one would have to look at all possibilities and be opened minded.. i had to check for some medical explanation , the fact that u mentioned this happening a few times may or may not exclude this all together but makes it highly unlikely of a few of the mental illnesses that it may be,,, anyway even if it does not run in the family would not eliminate the possibility.. only you know what u hear and its not a problem and has not cost u to be dysfuctional in society so i would not worry about the medical aspect but you should know that whispering is one the more common things experienced in schizophrenia and acute psycosis and schizophreniform disorders.. well anyway peace good luck with the whispers on what may be causing them. peace matt32

#11 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:04 AM

Hey Duke, It's been happening to me now for about 15 years.It usually only happens as I try to fall asleep.The voice is not like a real whisper,but it's not inside my head either,but more like in between.I can never make out the words,except sometimes I'll be dozing off when he says my name really loud.I know I'm not dreaming it.I think the reason that I hear it only when I try & sleep is because my mind is completly empty of thought.I tried to hear the voices while awake by clearing my mind & it worked. One time though I heard several voices at once & it scared me so badly that I stayed up all night! I'm just happy to know that I'm not alone.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#12 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:28 AM

:ghost: I hear no whispers. I see no ghosts. How boring is that? :weeee: Fascinating thread!!
Posted Image

#13 tweetypie

tweetypie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:48 AM

i was on an investagation last weekend and i heard a brass band in my ears really weird :weeee:

and ive heard a few whispers and i can tell you im as sane as they come :ghost:

#14 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

Hey Duke, It's been happening to me now for about 15 years.It usually only happens as I try to fall asleep.The voice is not like a real whisper,but it's not inside my head either,but more like in between.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a good way to descibe it.

I always thought of it like a real whisper without the hot breath in your ear. I think Moon hit a good point with the lack of vocal cords thing. I'm leaning towards a spiritual cause, whether it's ghost or guardian angels. I say this for 2 reasons. It doesn't happen alot, andI know I'm not crazy.

#15 scaredtodeath

scaredtodeath

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:14 PM

eeep, i hear the same thing and i think that it's the real thing and am really hoping it's not a figment of my imagination..then it just means i;m plain crazy!!
xx <3 melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users