• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 wendyp

wendyp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

Hello all,

I am new to this site, but find it fascinating. I have heard these voices all of my life. sometimes in whispers, sometimes out loud and sometimes sounds like a talk radio station playing in the next room (sorry no psychosis here either) :kitty:

I now live in 200 year old house, lots of activity here. I have grown so used to it that I hardly notice any more. There is a little girl who calls me mommy sometimes. If I answer her she becomes quiet. If I don't answer she keeps calling me. I just tell her that I am here and everything is alright. Then I don't hear from her for several weeks or months at a time. :wub:

#17 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

One possibility that could be taken into consideration because I hear voices constantly whether or not I sense another presence with me.
More often than not, it's usually around the time when I'm trying to go to sleep and it's something I've noticed that sets some voices apart from the rest. It's the position I get into when I'm trying to get comfortable.
Tummy down, and the right side of my head is resting on my arm which is on top of the pillow.
The voices I hear usually sound like they're 'speaking' to me in my right ear (when I'm laying that way) and even though I don't feel very much of an air current if I feel one at all (It was because I did feel a slight breeze once that I tried something) I turned off both my ceiling fan, and box fan and the voices I heard died down considerably but not altogether because of the way I was still laying, my curled arm under my head was basically acting as an 'ear extension' and there was enough of a gap for air flow to get through to pick up any sound. Air pressure also plays a part with how well we can naturally pick up sound with it's effects on our ear drums. And as much as we can do visual matrixing, we also do a form of audio matrixing when there is enough sound present so we can convince ourselves that what we are hearing is a sound more familliar to us

Not saying this is THE explanation, but it could be at least an explanation to some of the voices you're hearing IF the physical conditions are just right :whoohoo:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#18 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:20 PM

For about 12 months after my nana died i kept getting woken up by a really cold draft and a cold feeling on my back .Also often felt like my arm was getting pulled, when i woke up i thought i could see a greyish image for a second or two . It was always at 2.38 am nearly every night A surgestion from a elder in this group told me to asked it what it wanted ,It never answered but it went away and has never been back.Its been two weeks now , im starting to think it was im my head , so i suggest to any body who thinks there getting visited to be brave enough to ask it what it wants and how you can help, it didnt do me any good but this thing has not returned :wow:

#19 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

Had the same tyupe of experiences you all are having...i think its normal..
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#20 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

i can hear voices in my head to they tell me to do stuff , but its ok when i take my medication they go away :whee: :whee: :wow: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

#21 Libitina1972

Libitina1972

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:running...anything paranormal

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:53 PM

About 2 weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear what sound like a women's voice in my right ear. I couldnt make out what was said but I can tell you that it felt like the voice was against my ear, not in my head. It was freaky. I left my bedroom and I couldnt go back to sleep. I have not heard it since.

When I was around 9 or 10, I would be alone in my apartment and I would hear what sounded like a deep women's voice say my name. I hated it. It eventually stopped. I cant explain the cause. I hope it had something to do with the paranormal and not me going crazy.

#22 wendyp

wendyp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

Libitina,

I'm sure you are not going crazy. Some of us are just more sensitive to things in other dimensions than others.

#23 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

Hmm...I haven't made up my mind about the voices that sound like real voices. They are usually quite clear and usually just something like my name or a one-word greeting, etc...Doesn't happen too often anyway, but when it does, it's a little embarrassing because I tend to think it's a real person and answer out loud before I look. Could be my imagination, could be friendly/playful spirits who just haven't anything very important to say( often sounds like my mom or Grandma's voice). When I've been sure it's spirits talking (which I tend to judge by the validity of the info recieved ), it generally DOES seem like it's inside my head, but a different 'voice' and feeling than the way my own thoughts sound in my head.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#24 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:46 AM

Duke, you're not crazy, and yes, I think you are hearing either guides or ghosts. It's called clairaudience! The problem being, our brain waves have to be in a certain pattern in order for us to clearly hear them.........those types of brain waves are usually found in the lightest stage of sleep; that's why so many of us experience it when we are just falling asleep or in a relaxed state. I have had experiences where I've heard my guides in "broad daylight", so to speak. It was usually during times of incredible stress or frustration, though.

My experiences of late are of men talking just outside my bedroom door, though I can't make out what they are saying. If I lay quietly, I can hear their muffled voices, but if I try to rouse myself completely, they disappear. I very rarely hear them "in my head", it's usually just near my ear.

What I hate is that uber-creepy feeling of being observed! :wave:
Posted Image

#25 white deer

white deer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:43 AM

Duke, you're not crazy, and yes, I think you are hearing either guides or ghosts. It's called clairaudience! The problem being, our brain waves have to be in a certain pattern in order for us to clearly hear them.........those types of brain waves are usually found in the lightest stage of sleep; that's why so many of us experience it when we are just falling asleep or in a relaxed state. I have had experiences where I've heard my guides in "broad daylight", so to speak. It was usually during times of incredible stress or frustration, though.

My experiences of late are of men talking just outside my bedroom door, though I can't make out what they are saying. If I lay quietly, I can hear their muffled voices, but if I try to rouse myself completely, they disappear. I very rarely hear them "in my head", it's usually just near my ear.

What I hate is that uber-creepy feeling of being observed! :Wall:

I see this is an old thread-- BUT can someone advise please
My 12 yr son has had multiple encounters over the years- lately he hears "muffled whispers" - cannot make out what they are saying- it happens mostly at school (very disturbing and is giving him stress) we recently had a family member pass- but anyways
Any advise I can give him please
thx
Jt
KS

#26 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Spirit guidance is so subtle that it's very easy for your mind to throw it away as nonsense. Your mind may tell you that its only your imagination. You may feel crazy. Practice DEEP LISTENING and rythmic breathing. We live in a very dense atmosphere and its hard for our guides to contact us unless we raise our vibrational energy to meet theirs. Meditation can help you raise your vibrational energy. So many believe that their guides will speak to them out loud all the time. Even in the Bible it says listen for the still small voice.

When your guides feel it is critical or they need to get your attention for a reason they feel is important, it takes alot of their energy to come through so strongly that they can do this only briefly. This is that time when you feel someone is speaking directly to you and you answer them as if they were in the room, just as Yoesi stated in his thread.

If these mumbled voices come during the day and your in the middle of work or something else. Just project with your mind for them to stop and tell them when to come. Set aside time each day or if your so busy, each week. Take this time to listen and they will know that is their time to have your undivided attention. They will come. Attune yourself and you will learn much.

WHITE DEER
Sometimes when someone has passed recently they are able to communicate with us easier than those that have been gone longer. Spirits that are connected to us may pick someone with whom they believe can hear them, such as your son. They may not know they are gone and the person they communicate with or that can hear them is a "sensitive". Children are very sensitive. White Deer, you state that this happens at school. My daughter, after a friends husband passed, came home one day and said Mom, you might think I am crazy but Ted is in my classroom. I asked what he did there. She said he just stood and watched. He had not crossed over yet. A few weeks later, we helped him cross over. Your Son may be an Indigo/Crystal Child and is more sensitive to these voices. There are many sites out there to help you understand and help your son. Kira is very good with the Indigo/Crystal Children and can lead you to information that can help.

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#27 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

I see this is an old thread-- BUT can someone advise please
My 12 yr son has had multiple encounters over the years- lately he hears "muffled whispers" - cannot make out what they are saying- it happens mostly at school (very disturbing and is giving him stress) we recently had a family member pass- but anyways
Any advise I can give him please
thx
Jt
KS

While I would certainly not discount the possibility that this could be spirit voices or the beginning of an awakening of some kind---I would advise that to be safe you should have his ears checked for any kind of medical issue as well. The fact that it seems to happen mostly at school, where there would presumably be crowds around making a lot of noise, is what makes me wonder if there's something up with his hearing, possibly distorting noises around him. It makes me think of a few ear infections I've had, for instance, and there could be other kinds of hearing problem that would manifest in such a way.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#28 white deer

white deer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

thank you all very much- I will explore your comments- ideas

I have actually been in touch with Kira.

have a happy spring!

jt

#29 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

You are not crazy.. In the house I grew up in, I heard loud evil laughter throughout the house, and female screams from the basement. I lived after that in a home that was built on top of where an old carriage making company used to be, the home was built using parts of the original companies foundation. At night, I would hear all kinds of sounds, like many men talking as if they were working together, and other sounds too....like clanging and banging noises. I could never understand the voices, it was kind of an echoing sound, distant and not so clear. In my house now, I have had many experience, such as my grandmother visiting. I have heard her voice clearly.. What spooks me recently is that times out in public, I clearly hear someone calling my name, I look all around and no one I know is there and no one is calling my name.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#30 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

I want to throw in a medical side....
I have been hearing music (like acutal radio stations, the piano, etc...), whispers, conversations, footsteps, mice, etc for over a year now (for those of you who know what's been going on since we found out my decompression failed in Oct. '06)... I never told anyone as I didn't want to be called schizophrenic... I knew my house wasn't haunted but I had no clue what was going on. Just 2 weeks ago I found out that an arachnoid cyst in my posterior fossa (cerebellum, squishing brain out skull, again) that was drained in June 2006 during surgery for chiari was back... When I was doing google on this cyst I discovered that one of the symptoms for this cyst for my location is AUDITORY HALLUCINATIONS!
So if you're SUDDENLY hearing things that aren't there along with other symptoms, PLEASE tell your doctor and get it checked out! ACs aren't fatal and it probably isn't the cause for you (they're rare to start and it's even rarer to have it in your PF and EVEN rarer for it to cause symptoms) but there could be something going on with your nervous system... Or it could be paranormal. But your health is not something you want to mess around with! You only get one chance with this life...
Lex
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users